• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if anyone is interested but thought I'd post it here in case someone wanted to grab it. Mondo has preorders up for the 2x LP of Spiderman's soundtrack. These usually sell out pretty quick so if you'd like one might be worth checking it out.

https://mondotees.com/products/marv...o-game-soundtrack-2xlp?variant=12181583429746

SPIDER-MAN_MOCK_NO_OBI-SM_1024x1024.jpg
SPIDER-MAN_GATE_1024x1024.jpg

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Oh man

Otto's transformation feels so sad, it's gonna hurt seeing him lose it completely :(

Also, really like how they implemented on of the minigames into the narrative.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to start this.

What difficulty y'all go with? I'm going to do Amazing but I just want more opinions on overall difficulty.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the walking missions and stealth. One added story and context to the world and the other was very forgiving and added other narrative elements. They were nice breaks and relatively short. Never went on too long for them to even bother me. If every mission was just combat, that would've bored me.

I agree with this fully.

I've honestly not got much bad to say about the game at all. (near the end of act 2 so far I assume)

Only thing that's annoyed me so far was trying to get Gold (which I finally got) in the first ever challenge you're given.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Beat the game earlier tonight , some absolutely fantastic boss fights and overall a great experience , just doing some clean up now to get the platinum I'd say this game is definite 9/10 for me just pure fun all around with the only down side being in a few side things. Can't believe people were complaining about that dlc announcement too I need it ASAP

Oct 30, 2017
I think I've found a mission I hate way more than any of the ones I've already conplained about. End of the "Snipe" sodequest is a pain in the ass.

Oct 25, 2017
How do you ensure enemies get webbed to walls?

I've only managed to do it accidentally, but one fight was in a playground and a thug (more on them in a second) somehow ended up glued to the site of the playground equipment.

From the Kingpin fight, which I maintain is a poor tutorial, I understand thug enemy strategy as:

Web Shooter Gadget (Rapid R1s) to stun them, then Triangle to close the gap, then wail on them?

If possible, hit them from outside combat mode with the Takedown.

When engaging them during combat, either thin out the plebs (especially those who are armed) first and deal with them last, or keep distance from the rest and just focus on the thug.

I'm still finding a bit of trial and error with the Perfect Dodge enabled traversal. I press Circle at the moment that white (or blue) flash happens but it doesn't register and I still get hit.

RE: the skill tree, I'm using this as a general guide:

http://au.ign.com/wikis/spider-man-ps4/Skills_to_Get_First_in_Spider-Man

I still haven't even properly started the game's main plot, but am actively seeking out randomised crimes to practice my combat skills.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Just finished it. Incredible, just as good as the best Batman game. The story is really good and the boss fights were spectacular.

Impressive game all around.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Act 1 conclusion. Did anyone else find it strange how Spider-Man
somehow knew Mr. Li was in charge of the Demons? Yes, we (the audience) are made aware but how the hell did he figure it out?

This had me puzzled too. I thought I'd missed a part of a cutscene or something. Felt like there was an immediate jump without any explanation / surprise from the characters. Anyone got any input on this?

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Nope, I got the preorder bonus and there are plenty of suits you have to unlock
I meant the balance seems to be tuned so you have to get a perfect score on all the super hard challenges to unlock everything, but the pre order bonus gives you a bunch of suits that normally cost tokens so you probably can skip a few challenge gold medals and still unlock it all.

I'm at 97% now... almost done.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
So I'm in Ocatvios lab or whatever trying to analyze these goggles and can't figure it out for the life of me? Anyone got any ideas? I scan all around them but find nothing to click on.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played the opening "tutorial" sequence and damn, I suck. I died several times.

Too used to the simplicity of the Yakuza series right now to be in the headspace for this combat system.

Hope I get used to it.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Can you not climb on the ceilings? I'm doing the second main mission and it won't seem to let me

edit: never mind, seems like you can, just not every ceiling which is kind of annoying

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the main story and, yeah, that was awesome. Dunno if I'm ready to call it the GOAT superhero game or anything yet, but I definitely really enjoyed it.

Funny thing though, looking back the hardest fight in the whole game for me was that fucking intro tutorial fight against Kingpin XD

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
My favorite thing about the combat system is the whole webbing people up mechanic , finding new ways you could web enemies to walls and the ground was so fun through out the game.

And to people struggling with the combat , get enemies in the air Spidey fights much better up there. And don't be afraid to use your base web shooters as well as your other gadgets, webbing enemies up and sticking them to walls and the ground is the fastest way to get enemies out of the fight

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I like the Iron Spider costume but using it in NYC just feels wrong.

And this game really has me wanting to rewatch the old cartoons, which sadly don't seem to be on Netflix anymore.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Just finished with all the backpacks, and although the suits look cool, part of me thinks it's a bit of an overkill to have 3 MCU suits in here.

Haven't unlocked them all and most are really cool (except for one really forgettable and bland design).

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sick of forced stealth missions in just about every major game this gen. I'm also sick of nightmare/drug sequences. Both are stale as hell. Still enjoying the game a lot tho.

Oct 27, 2017
I just need to clean up all the crimes in each district to 100% them all. Beat the game, but man...swinging around pinging R3 until a crime comes up is super annoying.

Oct 25, 2017

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Anyone have an issue of manually saving and when loading back up the game, some of your skills were gone? I only played 3 hours of the game on launch night, and just got on to play, but my webslinger skills are all gone but for one. I had Point Launch, Quick Recovery, and Charge Jump unlocked by doing benchmarks, but since I loaded the game just now, they are locked. It's strange because my benchmarks that I've done say I've completed them such as the Whiplash 3 one. My level is also 3 which I know I was higher. Tried reloading from my manual save and nothing. I only did the prologue and not the first mission afterwards so did I mess up by not going to the first mission and having the game autosave?

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super interested in getting this but my money's tight so I want to know if it's worth it on a non-pro PS4 atm. As someone who has been on a blackout for this what's the length like? Both main story only and side stuff? If I play like an hour a night how long will this experience last me? Any post-game content that keeps you playing after the main story is done?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I've just begun but I'm on The Mask and by the walk through that's apparently over half way through. Is the game really that fast?

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Act 2. Calling it a night.

Still very much enjoying it. Have been completing all side quests and challenges, etc as I progressed through the main story. So before I continue on with Act 3 I'll do the same to the new side content that just unlocked.

Still wearing the homecoming suit. Can't get over how visually good it looks in the game.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Finished my platinum about an hour ago. I somewhat tempered my expectations pre-release and still came out a slight bit disappointed. It's a great game, and definitely the best Spider-Man game (thought maybe not my favorite-- I remember having more fun with Ultimate), but something in me is left wanting.

The story was just... fine. Predictable all the way. The ending made me cry, even though I thought it felt pretty rushed. Ancillary story stuff was great-- JJJ's radio show, fake Twitter, research labs... As for mechanics, the swinging feels really good, but something about it isn't quite perfect. Combat/Spidey stealth are the star, though. 150 hit combos never felt so good. Almost always had a great time there. Pretty much all of the side stuff is very good too with the notable exception of crime. Crimes can suck my ass.

Also, I wouldn't say it's a mess by any stretch, but the bugs are noticeable. Lots of enemies landing in unreachable areas and missions disappearing/ending preemptively. I had four hard crashes.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I'm super interested in getting this but my money's tight so I want to know if it's worth it on a non-pro PS4 atm. As someone who has been on a blackout for this what's the length like? Both main story only and side stuff? If I play like an hour a night how long will this experience last me? Any post-game content that keeps you playing after the main story is done?

Haven't beaten it myself, but I'll say you might have trouble playing only an hour....but that's a compliment, trust me. The different pieces of content are just bite-sized enough and fun that I can fire it up and 3 hours go by.

Finished my platinum about an hour ago. I somewhat tempered my expectations pre-release and still came out a slight bit disappointed. It's a great game, and definitely the best Spider-Man game (thought maybe not my favorite-- I remember having more fun with Ultimate), but something in me is left wanting.

The story was just... fine. Predictable all the way. The ending made me cry, even though I thought it felt pretty rushed. Ancillary story stuff was great-- JJJ's radio show, fake Twitter, research labs... As for mechanics, the swinging feels really good, but something about it isn't quite perfect. Combat/Spidey stealth are the star, though. 150 hit combos never felt so good. Almost always had a great time there. Pretty much all of the side stuff is very good too with the notable exception of crime. Crimes can suck my ass.

Also, I wouldn't say it's a mess by any stretch, but the bugs are noticeable. Lots of enemies landing in unreachable areas and missions disappearing/ending preemptively. I had four hard crashes.

Man, you must've had some really high expectations if you "tempered" them, wrote all those positives and STILL came out disappointed. I think it's a solid 9/10, and the best superhero game since Arkham Asylum.

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
How is everyone webslinging? I've noticed if you hold a thread until Spider-Man automatically lets go he does a little flip animation and you seem to get a little speed boost. I'm not sure if doing this repeatedly is actually faster than doing shorter swings though since you spend a lot more time traveling in arcs instead of straight toward your destination.

Regardless they nailed the sense of speed when you get some momentum going. Swinging around is so fun, only complaint I have is flat areas like Central Park can be annoying. If you miss a perch it sucks that you have to run to the next one. It would have been great if they incorporated something like Sunset's Overdrive's move where you gained momentum from doing a ground pound and immediately jumping.

The combat feels too simplistic too. It's fun and there's enough overall variety that it isn't a problem, but I get bored of the handful of moves you can over the course of the longer encounters. Hopefully it will feel better after I unlock more gadgets.
There's an upgrade where you don't lose all of your momentum when you land if you jump immediately after

Mar 17, 2018

Every open world game has these bugs for a month or more out. Not even up for debate. Which is why I don't even generally play them until months have passed. But Spider-Man PS4 being less than Ultimate LOL. Yeah no. Come on dude that game has aged like piss wine.