• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

benny

Oct 26, 2017
I love the Research Station missions. I think they are very varied and not combat oriented.
Maybe not a 100% hit-rate but I'm happy around 80% of the time that I've done them.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know how to get Challenge Tokens? It's the only type of token I've yet to get, and all my upgrades are relying on them lol.

It's sold more than GoW after less than two days? And an Xbox controller is #3?! Are we sure this is right?

Amazon had the Xbox controllers for £23, hence everyone and their mother bought an additional one lol.

I love the Research Station missions. I think they are very varied. Maybe not a 100% hit-rate but I'm happy around 80% of the time that I've done them.

Same.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is incredible, my only complaints so far is that the transition from gameplay to cutscene can be a little jarring and the QTE's are not done right.

Minor complaints though. Game is a blast.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ahhhh haven't been able to play this yet and I won't be able to till tonight, gotta play the Pokémon Go event in an hour and then I gotta go to a friend's house because we gotta finish a project, she has a Switch though so we'll probably end up playing Mario Kart instead lol. I just want to start Spider-Man and play like 5 hours straight!!

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Is there any better Spidersuit power than "Web Blossom" of the classic suit? It literally wipes an entire group on its own and gives you a full focus bar. I mean, why bother "stunning" them or run over them knocking them away, when you can straight knock em out? Am I missing something?
It was my suit power of choice.

Although I only ever used it like twice. I always forget to use slow charge super moves, I kinda hate that about them.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Noir Spidey is so underrated in here. Especially when I'm doing stealth stuff. Batman's got nothing on me

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I finally got past that part after many many deaths. It's not that I didn't expect combat, but in my opinion the combat isn't that great. I feel like the Batman combat is better. I mean, why throw people into a fight like the intro fight when we don't have the moves to really deal with it? It's just not fun. At this point, I just throw myself at fights and hope for the best. It's so funny to be Spidey get thrashed by basic enemies trying to save the day.

This is why I like the combat better than Batman. It's a little more demanding. The fighting in this is like batman crossed with zone of the enders.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I've got a question for people who aren't really into open world games.

How do you feel about Spider-Man so far? Are you getting open-world fatigue after 10 or so hours? This hit me in Horizon and in AC Origins. Even in Sunset Overdrive where I loved the traversal.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017

How do you feel about Spider-Man so far? Are you getting open-world fatigue after 10 or so hours? This hit me in Horizon and in AC Origins. Even in Sunset Overdrive where I loved the traversal.

The way that this game handles a lot of the open world variables (pictures/pickups/missions) is so fluent that you don't even realize you're doing them (if you're doing them like Spider-Man should). Just master mobility and you'll be just fine.

Open world is the best thing about this game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Am I the only one that refuses to play any of the story segments in an alt costume? I do this in other games too (i.e Champion's Tunic in BotW and Elite Knight set in Dark Souls). Just feels weird doing the story stuff in a non-canon outfit.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Did you see the tweet of igTedPrice saying that "Insomniac Games will announce a new game next week" on the Twitter feed ingame ?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man do I wish this game a had a dynamic day/night and weather cycle. It's jarring to go from a rainy night setting to a bright and sunny day for a random side mission and the straight back to rainy night the instant you complete it.

Oh well, maybe in the sequel.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was a bit underwhelmed for the first hour or so but it seems the more story you do the better it gets, side missions are probably better leaving alone until you've unlocked some moves and got used to the quite complicated controls

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I like the combat better than Batman. It's a little more demanding. The fighting in this is like batman crossed with zone of the enders.

Let people who want that level of combat get that with higher difficulties. Being on base or easy shouldn't be that much of a pain in the butt. At least that's my take on it. Makes the game not fun so early and it makes me not want to keep playing.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Man do I wish this game a had a dynamic day/night and weather cycle. It's jarring to go from a rainy night setting to a bright and sunny day for a random side mission and the straight back to rainy night the instant you complete it.

Oh well, maybe in the sequel.
It's intentionaly. They said they didn't want dynamic so they could completely control the time and tone of missions and story. Doubt that will change.

benny

Oct 26, 2017
The way that this game handles a lot of the open world variables (pictures/pickups/missions) is so fluent that you don't even realize you're doing them (if you're doing them like Spider-Man should). Just master mobility and you'll be just fine.

Open world is the best thing about this game.
I don't hate open world games. But I'm by default negatively predisposed towards them. Due to their popularity and being the winning singleplayer AAA game design formula.

This game however has made me feel like I imagine Brandon Jones from Easy Allies feels. I think this Spider-Man is perfect for this game design. (Something which I don't think is true for Batman, where I think Arkham Asylum is much much better than the Batman games afterwards.)

a Question

Oct 28, 2017

Maximilian streamed it second time today.

He is known to be not a "fan" of open world games, he would get interested in the beginning but will get fatigue fairly quickly or not enjoy to have so many things to do. However due to combat and traversal of the game he enjoys Spiderman the most and even having fun doing some puzzels and busy work.

Yet again maybe for him whose busy things to do are fun because he does not play open world games that much or as a fighting game guy combat what most important to him.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I'm about 30% in and I was iffy on the combat at the start but I've really come around on it after some time with the game. In general I think it flows quite nicely, especially after some upgrades, but I think I still might dig the Arkham combat a bit more. I dunno what it is exactly but I feel 100% in control of the situations in Arkham, where as Spider-Man is a bit more squirrel-y (which suits the character) so it's hard to keep up sometimes and keep the chain going. I find it a lot easier to be interrupted in this game as well (sometimes my fault because I keep hitting triangle to counter, haha). What I love about the combat is the options. It feels like there's a ton of room for improv and it really forces you to think and react at a lightning fast pace.

The swinging is perfect and incredibly addictive.

Spider Gwen DLC please!

Oct 27, 2017
I love the Research Station missions. I think they are very varied and not combat oriented.
Maybe not a 100% hit-rate but I'm happy around 80% of the time that I've done them.

The first one I did, I had to swing through 8 poison gas clouds, which I really didn't enjoy. I was very glad to see that they don't all follow that format.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone let me know if the Spectacular difficulty unlocks anything or does anything special? Or is it simply just harder for the sake of challenge?

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure where else to post this and I don't want it to go to waste. I've got an extra preorder code if anyone wants it. I got the Pro bundle which contained the digital deluxe version and I wasn't sure if it came with the preorder bonus so I got a copy from Best Buy.

Just PM me if you want it, first come first served.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you get enough tokens to unlock everything on a first playthrough (I dont even know if there's NG+) or do you have to pick and choose?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
pbrCc9u.gif

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I dropped HZD after 30h, the writing and story telling did not grabbed me at all and how the done open world was also not to my liking, structure wise and aesthetics wise. As for AC O i put over 100h in that game its one of my fav ACs . As for spiderman i was kinda bummed that the actual open world template feels more like from 2012 or so, idk what is it about it but it feels a little hollow . And the writing itself is not ty my liking either, but i think I am just not a fan of spiderman tone in general. Side stuff is also not great. The only two things that motivates me playing are visuals and swinging /controls thats about it. And i heard its about 20h so I should finish soon.

It's intentionaly. They said they didn't want dynamic so they could completely control the time and tone of missions and story. Doubt that will change.
While this is probably true. I think the biggest reason they only have 3 time presets is that they can make those as best looking as possible , without day and night cycle variables requiring more resources. AC unity is also great example of that and Infamous SS. To my money i rather have day and night cycle at the expense of better and more consistent visuals, it brings a lot more to the actual world imo

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I thought you can get everything unlocked, but I noticed I don't have enough crime tokens despite having done all 5 in every district including bonus objectives?

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Let people who want that level of combat get that with higher difficulties. Being on base or easy shouldn't be that much of a pain in the butt. At least that's my take on it. Makes the game not fun so early and it makes me not want to keep playing.
What are you having trouble with exactly? I feel like the game is very generous with the Web blossom move and constant healing.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017

I don't catch all the previous posts.
Are you stuck at a part or unstuck but making slow progress?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know where the last Research Station is? I've done them all in every area except there's one missing in Upper West Side, and there's no marker for it on the map. Do I need to progress further in the story for it?

editing just in case other people are wondering: I found it, but I had to restart the game. It was glitched, so if you're having the same problem, restart the game and it should show up after you've done the rest of the research missions.

Last edited:

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I guess playing Spider-Man 2 to prep for this game might not have been the way to go. While it does work to get you thinking about momentum and direction for swinging, the actual controls are the complete opposite. In that game, you tap R2 to throw a web and then hold X to charge up a jump. This one is literally the exact opposite, you hold R2 to keep swinging and only tap X to jump off. Took some getting used to because I kept automatically trying to swing SM2 style and wound up standing in the middle of traffic like an idiot.. lol.

Not really that far in, I keep getting sidetracked, especially getting all of the towers unlocked. So far I really only stop for crimes if they're right in my way along the path that I'm traveling. Having a little trouble with combat, especially fights with brutes.. gotta find a better way of dealing with those guys, especially when there's more than one.

Question about upgrades and unlocks: Are the resource numbers properly balanced? Meaning, are there enough backpacks and research stations and so on to get every upgrade that requires them? I would imagine there are, and that it wouldn't make you pick and choose, but I haven't gone through the menus and done the math.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I find the combat harder in this game over Arkham. The amount of guns enemies have are tough to focus on with eliminating first.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Two questions:
- can I check my playtime anywhere?
- what is the web bonus on the challenge activities and how do I raise them?

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I find the combat harder in this game over Arkham. The amount of guns enemies have are tough to focus on with eliminating first.
That last Defender Power is a godsend when it comes to that.

I sadly find the Innovator tree to be severely lacking. Apart from bonus knockouts there is hardly anything useful there. The entire "disarm"-thing takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long to do, meaning you often get hit when trying to disarm guys with a rifle in a group fight. So the purpose of that skill escapes me a bit.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I guess I really underestimated how many Arkham like games I've played over the years because Dodge being under Circle is getting me killed a bunch in my first few hours.

I didn't see a way to swap buttons either which sucks.

benny

Oct 26, 2017
The first one I did, I had to swing through 8 poison gas clouds, which I really didn't enjoy. I was very glad to see that they don't all follow that format.
That was also the first one I did and at that point I was thinking that Research Station missions would be bad overall, but after having done them I thought they were very fun due to the non-combat variety. For me that mission is not a representative sample.

Does anyone know how to get Challenge Tokens?
You may have to play more main missions for them to show up. They are icons with a fist on them.