• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't afraid of no ghosts
41166762_10156699663314630_3924215638721036288_o.jpg

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Damn this game on hard doesn't mess around. Enjoying the challenge.

Also years of Arkham have screwed me over in this game , so many tines dying trying to dodge with triangle .

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
All this glowing impressions on the combat system being more DMCish are sweet.
I don't mind if sidecontent is structurally repetitive as long as movement/combat, diversity in foes and some story elements to enrich the lore are on point.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, the combat is pretty tricky. I'm probably going to have to dial this down to easy so my 5 year old son can enjoy it too. I've heard Yuri say "crap" once, but aside from that (and general punchy violence) is there anything inappropriate for his age I should be mindful of?
there's a scene later with a decent amount of blood and wrecked cars and death around

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So I just accidentally abandoned a long and frustrating multi part mission because apparently you have when you go out of bounds and the game asks you whether you want to abandon the mission you have to press O to confirm abandoning a mission and X to cancel abandoning a mission. Whoever thought this was a good idea to have O for confirm in a non Japanese version?

Yes I know they are both labeled but when the screen pops up mid action you don't really read it. And this wasn't even the first time it popped up for me, the first time it did I did read that O was to leave and X was to stay but it's just not something you see often to remember as such the default should be used i.e. X to confirm abandoning and O to cancel.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently getting all the towers and stopping crimes, but I can tell once I'm done with the game there might not be much left here for me. I will probably play till I plat the game then wait till the DLC. Game is still a dream come true for Spider-Man fans. Story so far is great.

Traversal is a mixed bag for me. Which is odd because I think this is the best Spider-Man game in that regard. The swinging is responsive and tight which matters most, but the somewhat canned physics don't really allow for precision.
Anyway, bravo Insomniac.
yeah, i get the sense that random crimes and swinging are pretty much all that's left once the map is cleared. which, hey, that was the fun part about Spider-Man 2 in a nutshell lol.

as far as traversal goes, it feels closer to Sunset Overdrive with swinging than Spider-Man 2.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I had that with them a couple of weeks ago with Shenmue. It never actually turned up. First time I've ever had something go missing.

What happened in the end, they give you a refund or send another copy out?
They've stated if it hasn't come by Monday morning, they want me to call back up and will allow me to purchase it elsewhere and cover the cost. Plus they've added some credit onto my store account as an apology.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017

Also years of Arkham have screwed me over in this game , so many tines dying trying to dodge with triangle .
Yeah this was my problem during the first two hours. Oddly enough after a night of sleep I was handling it perfectly fine this morning.

how do stick a criminal into a wall?
Web them up with R1 then hold triangle. You'll wave them around and stick them to the nearest wall. This might be a skill you have to buy.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could customize my controls. I keep wanting to hit triangle to dodge and keep dying. 9 years of muscle memory is doing me in.

Yeah this. Having one set control scheme is bullshit, I don't care what game it is.

Anybody got their standard copy from Amazon already or at least have a delivery for today?

Mine has been stuck at "Shipping now" since yesterday with a delivery date of tuesday. It defeats the whole purpose of Prime shipping when stuff you preordered months ago actually takes 4 days to get delivered.

my copy arrived this morning around 9:30 EDT - Amazon Canada

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the triumphant music ever go away when you're swinging? Sometimes I just want to listen to the wind and ambiance of New York.

It doesn't help that the music itself is overly generic. Seriously, nothing about it gets me excited about swinging around, it reminds of the soulless temp music that most Marvel movies have.

Find a tall building and chill on it.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't think I have that low-poly bug some were talking about. Unlocked this manually since my pre-order code still doesn't work.

Marvel_s_Spider_Man_20180907161054.png

Marvel_s_Spider_Man_20180907161108.png

Marvel_s_Spider_Man_20180907161136.png

EDIT: Or maybe I do? I noticed the hands were a little off but I thought they were all like that.

Last edited:

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda off-topic: I like that good ol' SCEA logo on the OT pic. Because "Interactive"=Casual FIX IT SONY!

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
What happened in the end, they give you a refund or send another copy out?
They've stated if it hasn't come by Monday morning, they want me to call back up and will allow me to purchase it elsewhere and cover the cost. Plus they've added some credit onto my store account as an apology.

I ended up getting a refund. They didn't even reply to my ticket so I had to get PayPal involved. I got it from ShopTo instead and that came the next day.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
you have to equip the impulse web or whatever - it's the 2nd gadget upgrade you get
You actually don't need it. If they're close enough to a wall, car, etc. you can spam the regular webshooters and it will push/web them onto the wall.
Now obviously the impulse web gadget makes it super easy.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
My first time webbing around after the opening boss encounter. I couldn't believe how exhilarating and fluid it felt. Can't wait to master this...

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
One of my friends only played video games on mobile in the past, and told me that he didn't need a console because his phone was enough
Look on his Snapchat today and now he has a PS4 with God of War and Spider-Man
He finally saw the light
NTFmL7T.gif
That one-two punch of GOW and Spider-Man is unreal. There's going to be a lot of PS4s sold between now and the holidays.

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
The game is close to perfect and full of love and passion.
BUT the fact that you can't choose language shouldn't be allowed in a game this big in 2018.
I really hope they sort this out.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there was actually a graphical upgrade but does anyone else prefer the blue tint in the E3 demo during daytime more than the yellow one in the final game? Its probably more realistic but something about the more bluish color to everything was kinda appealing.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Does the triumphant music ever go away when you're swinging? Sometimes I just want to listen to the wind and ambiance of New York.

It doesn't help that the music itself is overly generic. Seriously, nothing about it gets me excited about swinging around, it reminds of the soulless temp music that most Marvel movies have.
Turn music volume all the way down in options.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I have that low-poly bug some were talking about. Unlocked this manually since my pre-order code still doesn't work.

Marvel_s_Spider_Man_20180907161054.png

Marvel_s_Spider_Man_20180907161108.png

Marvel_s_Spider_Man_20180907161136.png

EDIT: Or maybe I do? I noticed the hands were a little off but I thought they were all like that.

You caught it, if it is a bug, notice the sharp edges on his profile and the fingers? ;)

What time zone are you in, regarding your preorder codes still not unlocking?

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Seeing some photos of costumes, how could they not have the Amazing Spiderman 2 suit? That was the best one.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying this game and surprised on how creative you can be with the combat. Not even a Spider-man fan but this game is so fun.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
What is a little bit disappointing and what hasn't been addressed yet is that the game apparently uses different character models during gameplay and cutscenes/menus/selfie camera mode.
I noticed it first on the Spider-Punk costume where the model quality discrepancy is very noticable.
This is how the model looks in cutscenes/menus/selfie camera mode:

29591708907_07f8196012_o.png

This is how it looks during gameplay and in photomode (outside selfie mode). Polygon edges are clearly visible (head outline, shoulders, buttons, hands...) and the web lines on the face are partly incomplete:

29591708337_2fbe70fea0_o.png

44527553411_ac371a2a36_o.png

30657829268_ddc2d6b327_o.png

The same discrepancy of gameplay and cutscene models applies to other costumes except the classic Spiderman suit that players start the game with. It seems to be both in gameplay and cutscenes of great quality.
It's unfortunate the quality loss even affects the new white spider spidersuit of the game. There are visible polygon edges (knee) and crude texturing (white parts on the heels):

43618643255_f4f91ab997_o.png

42718824240_43e0bce6e4_o.png
You sure now it's not a bug? Cause so far I also thought it is, cause other models look amazing, for anyone not looking into the OT, this is what I wrote there, every pic without selfie mode:

"Man, the pre order DLCs indeed look like absolute shit in comparison to any ingame suit. I don't know if it's because of the "unlocked with pre order code bug" or if they look like that in general. I mean, look at that, 2 of the normal costumes in the game:

9LeX0ac.png

5cIyzJx.png

7QO5vbB.png

Z8U4f3L.png

dBgDzez.png

F'N breathtaking, right? Now look at this garbage:

BYDq1UT.png

0SPeYuO.png

vbGzS0h.png

pvR1lpa.png

That's a fucking difference."
jstevenson?
You caught it, if it is a bug, notice the sharp edges on his profile and the fingers? ;)

What time zone are you in, regarding your preorder codes still not unlocking?
I'm in the UK, it's 4:30pm on the 7th now. Got the codes after midnight and they still don't work.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
From where shall I take a pic of the Williamsburg Bridge? I tried every angle nothing working

Edit: Nevermind, had to press L2 ;p

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest question I have, is; will my 5.5 year old be able to free roam the shit out of this game and just mess around (outside of combat)? He just wants to fly around the city and shoot webs everywhere.