• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
3e8eAKP.png

qd1UKz9.png

Oct 25, 2017
Man this game is fun as hell. So far it reminds me of playing Arkham Asylum/ City for the first time. You already know you want to do every single thing in this game.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Some of these shots look like they could be straight out of the MCU films.

It's 6am, it's downloaded, and I've taken the day off :)

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, that effect bothered me when watching some videos, but I was hoping the feedback from people playing would be that you don't notice it when you're actually playing the game.

Disappointed to hear it's still annoying. Maybe if there's enough negative feedback they'll consider toning it down in a patch, but I'm sure they have much more important stuff to focus on.
Yeah they should tone it down. Clashes with the aesthetic they have going on, kind of cartoony.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
So I just pre-ordered Spiderman on Best buy and I guess they are giving away Destiny 2 for free with a video game purchase lol

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Had to do some research on the
noir suit
to check it ever actually existed outside of the game. So weird.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyone here who was worried about the web-slinging based off the initial previews, who now has the game?

Thoughts?

My doubts have been pretty much wiped away by the recent gameplay vids, but I'm just curious to see what naysayers are thinking now that they're playing the game.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Passed on getting this early last night and now I am sitting here wishing I could play this game right now... Oh well 2 days early wasn't worth paying full retail for anyways.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Its downloading :D

Chances this kicks off an MCU videogame version? Or would its exclusivity stop such a thing? T'would be doubtful Marvel would want such a huge franchise on a single console. Or?

This new version is going to stay exclusive, Marvel are the ones who wanted the partnership with Sony in the first place.

And tieing it in with the movies would hamper what they could do with the story, its better that it's an original story.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ohh, well, that's because GoW had a physical gift (the pin), the Digital Deluxe version of Spider-Man comes with digital stuff only (the three suits + early in-game unlocks) and the season pass.

Honestly, I think God of War is the only game I've seen where a digital special version gets you anything physical lol

But this comes with a pin too:

• If pre-ordered before September 7, 2018, receive all Pre-Order Bonus Content + a custom, one of a kind physical pin** for Marvel's Spider-Man

*Users will receive DLC by March 2019.
**Only available to US and Canada customers

Not sure how they get your address. Billing address?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone here who was worried about the web-slinging based off the initial previews, who now has the game?

Thoughts?

My doubts have been pretty much wiped away by the recent gameplay vids, but I'm just curious to see what naysayers are thinking now that they're playing the game.
I wasn't hot on the dive momentum and handholding pre-release. All that stuff just kind of went away once I started playing. Now it's morphed to being greedy that there aren't enough swing animations and certain swings can look a little wonky depending on what you're surrounded by. Posted impressions and a swinging video last night.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017

Many people in the review thread. Alot of people take 'arkham' as an insult at this point when it is just a comparison. It's good or bad depending on what is wanted.

Just from the first hour or two, I can see many, many things that are similar to the Arkham games. The combat is very similar with the counter button. Much like Arkham you can pretty much zone out and mash square whilst waiting for the prompt to dodge/counter when a enemy is about to attack. Spiderman will automatically jump to the next enemy when you kill one. There's also alot of web zipping to vents and getting around the areas through vents. Take downs from vents etc.

I wonder how much this was a design choice from insomniac or if marvel or sony were involved in making it pretty safe like this. I usually expect insomniac to experiment with their games.

But people who like Arkham will really enjoy this game. It's certainly playable and enjoyable enough for me.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Think I made a mistake buying this game based on my nostalgia for the Spiderman 2 game. Played it for about an hour and not feeling it at all and not having fun swinging about. Damn it.

Nov 14, 2017
It is 12am EST though right? I still have nightmars of 3am EST release times. I still don't understand why we don't just do worldwide releases or at least the same time zones in the US. Blessed Blizzard did it with WOW and it was glorious.
Yep it's 12am EST.

I just wish Amazon would give me the code so I can pre-load the game. They gave me the code early with God of War to do that but this one just says available on September 6 9PM PST. Such a bummer since it means I either need to stay up late tonight to start the download or do it tomorrow morning before I leave for work.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Is there a pre order bonus? Is it retailer independent? And can I still get it if I go to Gamestop today?
Thanks

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't hot on the dive momentum and handholding pre-release. All that stuff just kind of went away once I started playing. Now it's morphed to being greedy that there aren't enough swing animations and certain swings can look a little wonky depending on what you're surrounded by. Posted impressions and a swinging video last night.
Right on.

Thanks!

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Think I made a mistake buying this game based on my nostalgia for the Spiderman 2 game. Played it for about an hour and not feeling it at all and not having fun swinging about. Damn it.
Have you managed to get into a rhythm with 1 arm swings? That feels the most like SM2. Certain animations have an outstretched hand so instead of jumping from that swing you let go of R2 and immediately press it again to start the swing in that open hand. Check my post history for my video on it. Once I found that style it felt way more active.

Edit: I'll just post it again

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
My first verdict after 6 hours with the game and 32% completion:
Awesome! I love love love the traversal and the combat can be difficult but is always satisfying.
You really feel like a superhero.

The story missions are well paced so far and offer quite some variety. I also like the quieter sections of game.
Only the random events feel repetitive already.

Oh and it looks amazing on a PS4 Pro with downsampling on a 1080p TV.

Oct 25, 2017
Can you unlock the preorder costumes ingame because I didn't get the codes for some reason...?!

My first verdict after 6 hours with the game and 32% completion:
Awesome! I love love love the traversal and the combat can be difficult but is always satisfying.
You really feel like a superhero.

The story missions are well paced so far and offer quite some variety. I also like the quieter sections of game.
Only the random events feel repetitive already.

Oh and it looks amazing on a PS4 Pro with downsampling on a 1080p TV.

Damn, already 32% after 6 hous? :/
Did you finish a lot of side missions?

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Have you managed to get into a rhythm with 1 arm swings? That feels the most like SM2. Certain animations have an outstretched hand so instead of jumping from that swing you let go of R2 and immediately press it again to start the swing in that open hand. Check my post history for my video on it. Once I found that style it felt way more active.

Edit: I'll just post it again

Thanks, I will give it a try. Pretty sad I'm not enjoying it though but maybe I wouldn't enjoy Spiderman 2 anymore either. Just one of those things.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I will give it a try. Pretty sad I'm not enjoying it though but maybe I wouldn't enjoy Spiderman 2 anymore either. Just one of those things.
If you're not enjoying anything about it, it may just not be your thing anymore. That's okay, if a bit unfortunate purchase-wise.