• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Been waiting a long time for this one. Booked tomorrow off work to enjoy it.

Feb 10, 2018
I was lucky enough to grab a copy yesterday. I played for like 7 hours straight.

I played very little of the story because I got REALLY side tracked. I did the 3 sidequests that were available to me at the point of the story where Im at.

I got all the collectibles available to me at the time

Addicting.

Traversal in this game is a whole game within itself.

Is it easy to grasp but hard to master web slinging.
How hard is it to look as slick as tge movies when web slinging?

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
How s fat ps4 running the game, is it too loud or is it acceptable?

Thinking of getting pro for this, i just want silent console as much as possible.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How s fat ps4 running the game, is it too loud or is it acceptable?

Thinking of getting pro for this, i just want silent console as much as possible.
I've got an original PS4, it's been pretty quiet. At least in the open world it is. Haven't paid attention during big moments.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Want to know too. Maybe someone can help us...

I have been playing the game on my Pro and my launch FAT PS4. During normal gameplay my Pro is normal.. like no special sound at all. But during cutscenes it sometimes gets noisy. You can hear the fans getting busy.. but that is only during the cutscenes. The same goes for the FAT ps4. Although it is a bit noisy during normal gameplay sometimes, but nothing crazy.

I was pleasantly surprised by the PS4 Pro and FAT noise levels in this game.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The REAL best Spider-Man theme:

Great OT!

Also, just dropping by with some tunes, while we wait for the game to come out...

Wait a fucking second! I think I just realized something!

Are Spiderman's animations in the Capcom games based off of Japanese Spiderman?

marvelsuperheroes52.gif~c200
$

DarkSable

Feb 4, 2018
Sweden
I've got an original PS4, it's been pretty quiet. At least in the open world it is. Haven't paid attention during big moments.

I was pleasantly surprised by the PS4 Pro and FAT noise levels in this game.

How about with an 4k tv. Do you have one? My big concern is to pay big money to get an pro (I already have a 4k tv with HDR) and get only ok results from my original ps4 only.

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
How about with an 4k tv. Do you have one? My big concern is to pay big money to get an pro (I already have a 4k tv with HDR) and get only ok results from my original ps4 only.

Sorry but I don't have a 4K TV.. so can't answer that.. I play on a 1080p TV, but the supersamling looks great..
but to be honest.. I am old (43 years old), and I can't really see that big a difference between the Pro and the Fat.. but that can be because of my eyesight.. the picture looks a bit more "crisp" with the Pro, but that is about it..

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Think it depends on the size and quality of your TV. If you have a good set to take advantage of the Pro, you're going to get finer details and nicer colors. Although the regular has HDR now yeah?

So far for me, with a regular PS4 and my 1080p monitor the game looks and runs great.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Man this game looks fucking great even on my base PS4

Was a bit bummed when I read that it drops sometimes to 900p in the DF thread, but so far I haven't noticed anything

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
ohh and btw..

Yesterday patch 1.02 and 1.03 launched..

They added Photomode.. which is nice.

BUT more importantly they added some NICE options for gameplay.

You can turn of QTE events, so that you can skip them during the game.. (great for people who hate QTE).
And BEST of all .. you can turn on "HOLD SQUARE TO COMPLETE SMASHING BUTTON SECTIONS"... I hate games that make you smash a button to open a door or something like that.. so it's amazing that you can disable it now..!!!

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
ohh and btw..

Yesterday patch 1.02 and 1.03 launched..

They added Photomode.. which is nice.

BUT more importantly they added some NICE options for gameplay.

You can turn of QTE events, so that you can skip them during the game.. (great for people who hate QTE).
And BEST of all .. you can turn on "HOLD SQUARE TO COMPLETE SMASHING BUTTON SECTIONS"... I hate games that make you smash a button to open a door or something like that.. so it's amazing that you can disable it now..!!!
Sometimes it's just fun to fail QTE's and see what happens so I'm probably gonna leave it on.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
  • Graphics settings
  • Suit abilities can be equipped with any suit
  • No difficulty based trophies
Thank you so much, Insomniac!

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, I'm not really too good with this combat. Playing on spectacular difficulty and I'm getting messed up. It's pretty fun, though. As someone who hasn't tried the past Spider-Man games, the swinging's pretty easy to pick up. It's very addicting just swinging around the city, to say the least. Still trying to figure out how to maximize my speed, but hopefully that'll come with time. So far, I've been able to g pretty at low altitudes which was already posted earlier, I think.

Amusingly, there's some weird animation and model jank if you mess around enough; an example being when you web up an enemy and bodies start convulsing.

Yuri's doing a great job as Spider-Man, though. I can see why people would think some of his dialogue is cringey, though; but hey, that's Spider-Man.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else feel there isn't much sound feedback while moving through the air ? I think a few different speeds of wind sounds during longer swings and after leaping off of webs would really give it some audio oomph to match the great visuals. I'd love to hear the wind rushing and rustling past when you're up in the air. Maybe the video uploads have just been very quiet. I love some good ambient noise.

Last edited:

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will say that the combat and stealth doesn't feel as tight as the Arkham games. I know I'm going to be crucified in here for saying that. Spider-Man gets caught on objects while web zipping into people, fine movement when trying to zip up to a specific section of a beam or railing (you have to be X distance in front of the object instead of directly below it) is a bit rough.

Closing gaps on enemies can be kind of messy trying to figure out where a melee input will close the distance or whiff. Camera is an issue but mostly because the spaces are large and enemies can be really spread out. I tend to lose sight of people pretty often. Gadgets are fun and webbing enemies down is probably the most satisfying part of it for me but you have to make an effort to use them since switching always has to be done via L1 instead of a button combination quick fire. Single enemy takedowns are not so spectacular but I guess it's meant to encourage you to use gadgets.

Maybe as new enemies are included it'll get better.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got mine from Simply games :) can't play until 3 though.

This is going to be a longgggg day in work.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
God damn, 13 hours to go.

Was home pretty early from work today and just turned on the PS4, but kinda just staring at the Spidey logo. Don't really want to play anything else!