• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

While Marvel Games did mention that Hawkeye is in the game, we've yet to receive word on Black Panther's presence in the game. This could imply that T'Challa is playable alongside Hawkeye. Here's proof that these are indeed figures for the Avengers game.

Sources: LEGO (via AvengersSE fan account on Twitter), Marvel Cloud (Twitter)

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I imagine this roster will cover a bit more ground than people expected, it's definitely not gonna be just the core movie Avengers (pre-IW/Endgame) plus Kamala

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Both of those are complete no-brainers, so yeah. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Still don't care until we see some X-Men show up though.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I know this applies to comic books in general, but it's a real sausage fest in here.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know this applies to comic books in general, but it's a real sausage fest in here.
I'd imagine that we'll also get Captain Marvel given that she clearly exists in this universe (see Kamala's shirt before the time skip). But yeah, more women like Scarlet Witch & Wasp would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Speaking of Hawkeye, if they were planning on adding him, why cast Troy Baker as Hulk when he could voice Hawkeye instead as he did in Avengers Assemble (he wouldn't be the first role-reprisal from that show, see Black Widow & Thor)?

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the demo I played there were between 20-25 costumes for each character. I fully expect there to be a ton of playable Avengers. I would guess around 20.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Speaking of Hawkeye, if they were planning on adding him, why cast Troy Baker as Hulk when he could voice Hawkeye instead as he did in Avengers Assemble (he wouldn't be the first role-reprisal from that show, see Black Widow & Thor)?

Probably cuz Hawkeye has a smaller role in the story than Banner, so it would be a waste of Troy Baker (and his agent probably pushing for the upgrade)

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
"Have We Heard Anything About Marvel's Avengers" is kinda darkly hilarious considering how painful the glacial drip-feed of basic info has been and how close the release date is starting to come. At this rate huge swaths of the game are probably not going to be known until the damn thing comes out.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Probably cuz Hawkeye has a smaller role in the story than Banner, so it would be a waste of Troy Baker (and his agent probably pushing for the upgrade)
Funny considering that Troy Baker & Travis Willingham were basically thrown by the wayside for everything else Marvel outside of the Avengers game (they kept Laura Bailey & Nolan North, though.......but Nolan is Rocket & Deadpool instead of Iron Man, who's voiced by Eric Loomis again).
  • Fred Tatasciore got Hulk back
  • Robbie Daymond got Nova
  • Rick D. Wasserman got Thor back
  • Tim Blaney got Kingpin
  • Chris Cox got Hawkeye back
  • Jason Spisak got Loki

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Really interested in the roster/DLC strategy they take for this game because I could see myself buying on day 1, or just waiting until a Complete Edition is released.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Mhawkeye was pretty much confirmed and black panther was obvious.
Now we just need more women.
Hopefully Wanda and Captain Marvel are in the base roster.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
In the demo I played there were between 20-25 costumes for each character. I fully expect there to be a ton of playable Avengers. I would guess around 20.

I'd guess a dozen, perhaps 14-15.

Cap
Tony
Thor
Black Widow
Hulk
Hawkeye
Ms. Marvel
Black Panther
Wasp
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man

Add in 2-4 more, done. DLC might raise it to around 25 by the end.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I wish we knew more about the game. I really wonder if there'll be "roles" or "archetypes" or whatever for the heroes, and how authentic their power ratings/movesets will be to how they're classically portrayed.

Like, you can pretty clearly group Cap, Widow, and Panther into a "Scrapper" role, but is that actually going to be how things play out, or will there be quite a range of diversity, even among those with similar powersets? And how will that be balanced?

Makes me wonder about adding new characters, too - are they going to be similar powersets to the characters they've already implemented, or are they going to be branching out into weirder heroes who may have unique abilities that they can't easily repurpose later on down the line?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If they got BP, they can slide Deathcry and Silverclaw in there with some tweaks

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
That would make aa lot of sense, yeah. Both would offer some new play styles that aren't fully covered by the announced roster yet. BP as the fast, nimble melee striker and Hawk as aanother ranged character, which there aren't many of so far.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Black Panther, Hawkeye and Captain Marvel are no-brainers. It's the more obscure characters that I'm interested in...

New-Warriors-team-earliest.jpg

I want to see the New Warriors in this game.