• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
You have the texture pack install?its weird because i also have a G1 1070/4670k and cant play with Ultra textures only very high because i have allot of crashes it is unplayable and thats the only setting that i have to drop all other settings are maxout.
Yes, but take notice that I'm playing at 1920x1080 on a LG 55 4k OLED, so I'm not playing on the native resolution there. It works flawlessly for me during campaign mode, I have yet to test once the multiplayer goes open. Currently playing on PS4 Pro.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just finished it, man was it buggy, I had to finish off enemies who got stuck behind walls, not to mention the credits of all freaking things didn't run at a stable framerate for whatever reason. It needs a patch to iron out the kinks it has, there aren't many insane bugs (though two annoyed me a lot, one is that there's a door in one of the multiplayer hub area things that you're meant to break with heavy attacks but I ran through that space with three different characters and was unable to break it, the other was that the final helicarrier cutscenes had the icons that you see when you're exploring it visible, so it would block the characters) but it needs one

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Latest patch notes:

We have just released our first patch for Marvel's Avengers, build 12.9. This patch is primarily focused on stability, based on the data we have collected after Early Access started a few days ago.
The patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
Implemented work-around for NVIDIA 10-series driver problem that was causing crashes when using ALT-TAB, ALT-ENTER, and other situations.
Enabling Steam Cloud to allow you to easily synchronize your save-games between multiple PCs.
Fixed a problem that caused some players to be unable to throw rocks as Hulk or to shoot as Ironman.
Fix for a DEVICE_HUNG crash some users experienced in the sewers. Various other stability improvements.
We are aware of a number of other issues that are causing problems for some of our players, and teams are hard at work addressing those, but for now we want to make sure we get these stability improvements that have already been identified to all of you. Please keep your feedback coming, and we will be releasing further patches as fixes are found.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
So I have to turn off all controller settings in Steam to get the game to recognize my gamepad. The last time I had to do something like that was Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Someone at SE/Eidos/Nixxes needs to figure out how to do proper controller support.

Also, a game launcher? From what I can tell I can change my settings in-game. So why do I have to have an extra button click to start the game? It's a nitpick I know but I find launchers grating in 2020.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I am getting around 45-50fps in 1440p on a Ryzen 3700x, 32gb of ram and a GTX 1080 with all the default settings.

Not really impressed by those performances...

Also the game crashed to desktop the second Tony Stark showed up in the game for the first time...

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Been playing smoothly since patch. Turned down my display to 120 Hz and used Adative VSync + Triple Buffering in NVIDIA profile for the game locking it to 60 FPS. Also, turned off Steam overlay and something called Steam Input in Steam options. 3 hours without crash, so far so good.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Only been passively lurking but, would it be ideal to just wait it out a bit before jumping in?

I hadn't planned on touching the game but, after the beta, and seeing all the hype around the story, I wanna jump in :| lol

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW I downloaded the high res pack in the beta and couldn't tell the difference in gameplay. Game is hectic and one of the more effects heavy game, lots of shit going on so going from high > texture pack made like 0 difference so I just turned it off.

Is it different in the retail game? I dunno if I wanna bother with it again.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Also, a game launcher? From what I can tell I can change my settings in-game. So why do I have to have an extra button click to start the game? It's a nitpick I know but I find launchers grating in 2020
Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal still cling to them for whatever reason.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Turned off g-sync, put on adaptive sync and triple buffer and it's running nice now. I also turned off Steam Overlay, so maybe it was that, hmm, if it was Steam Overlay I really need to wean myself off of that asap, come on Dual Sense.

Kryptonic

Dec 14, 2018
USA
I've been super impressed with the performance so far compared to the stuttering and crashes I was getting in the beta. Played for 5+ hours of the campaign and think I was averaging above 60 fps.

6700k at 4.4GHz
1080ti w/ 452.06 drivers (thought I had this overclocked but apparently not atm)
32GB at 3000 MHz
SSD 850 Pro
1440p 144hz gsync
steam overlay turned off
High Res texture pack

wkvr8M5.png
LmU1ldj.png

NVIDIA Control Panel settings:
OJCQBav.png
HvhqrKA.png
3AQyv6w.png

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
There's something very wrong with the asset loading on PC. I have a good SSD and yet, the game keep going into single digits frames every now and then while it loads new assets.
And sometimes it just doesn't load. I had invisible enemies and missing chunk of world multiple times now. And I'm still in the intro !

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh man this game is pretty bad so far.

Hard crashed during the intro mission when playing Hulk.

Rain keeps getting frozen in place playing the second mission.

I was getting a decent 60fps up to about midway through the second mission, now it is dropping to the 40s and 50s during heavier action.

This is playing at 1080p with everything on high using a 1070ti. This thing should be able to handle a steady 60fps at that setting...

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
For me, performances is good. It defaulted to "High" settings so I left it there.

3700x, 2070 Super, and at 1440p I'm averaging fps in the 70s and 80s. No complaints about performance.

The bugs, though, are numerous. Too many to list. No one bug by itself is that bad, but all together it's pretty shoddy. The rain freezing in place was especially stupid. A couple times, my LB ability (to heal myself, I think?), despite it being ready, just wouldn't trigger no matter how much I jammed on the LB button. A lot of UI items in the menus just aren't showing up.

No crashes yet, though.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the dialogue audio quality such trash in this game? It's so reverby all the time, even when characters are outside

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly why I'm waiting to buy the game.

I have a GTX 1080 and my old i7 6700k.. if he is having problems with framerate man.. I believe I made the right choice on waiting.

I tried the beta on my gaming laptop and it's runs really bad. Even in medium settings I cant get a stable frame rate. Maybe that's why I am having a hard time with the combat.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
So I started playing on PC and I have noticed a bunch of particle effects (like rain, the fireworks from the opening and or when fighting enemies) that seemingly getting stuck in space. Anyone else notice this, and find a setting that fixes it?

I have a 5700XT and a ryzen 3900x for reference.

Videophile

Tech Marketing at Elgato
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Performance is interesting.

My 6700K is locked at 100% usage almost the entire time, while my 2080ti sits at 30-40% on all high/ultra settings at 1440p. FPS is around 80. Been a long time since CPU was the limiting factor in a game.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
So I started playing on PC and I have noticed a bunch of particle effects (like rain, the fireworks from the opening and or when fighting enemies) that seemingly getting stuck in space. Anyone else notice this, and find a setting that fixes it?

I have a 5700XT and a ryzen 3900x for reference.
I've seen the stuck rain (and it's been mentioned elsewhere in this thread). No idea if there is a setting that fixes that.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
So far (very early in the game), I've already seen stuck particle effects (when Tony lands on the stage and the fireworks go off).

I've also seen a huge amount of VRAM usage on my 1080 Ti. I've never seen a game, any game, use the entirety of the 11GB of VRAM before while also dipping into the shared memory.

I am running the HD texture pack, but just at 1080p. Even still, that's kind of shocking.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I managed to get the game to run at almost locked 60 by dropping the resolution to 1080p but then I failed the stealth mission early on in the campaign and when I reloaded I was suddenly stuck at 20something fps???

I quit the game to go eat dinner, I'm now back hours later, completely relaunched the game and reloaded the save and I am still stuck at 20fps... Wtf...

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
What are some recommended settings to run to make the game run and look good? I have 32GB of RAM, a AMD 3900X, and a RTX 2060 Super.
Honestly? Turn on dynamic res, pick your output resolution, and then just flip through the graphics options presets until you get high GPU usage and locked 60 fps

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? Turn on dynamic res, pick your output resolution, and then just flip through the graphics options presets until you get high GPU usage and locked 60 fps

I did this in the beginning and found settings that give a locked 60, now in the second mission it is dipping as low as 40 even at the lowest settings.

This is 1080p on an i7 7700 with a 1070ti

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
The performance of this game is so weird for me.
In some areas the full release runs better than the beta. The terrible stuttering and pauses from the beta are 99% gone now, but the actual performance is are way worse.It feels like it goes down in the teens at times. Worse than the beta ran on my base ps4 even.
Running 1080p everything on high on a i5-4670 3,4ghz with a 1070.

Last edited:

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I tried running this game on my 32:9 monitor and the performance with a 2080Ti was horrible. Never really hitting 60fps, wild framerate drops into the 30s, etc. I moved my PC to my 4K television which has a higher pixel density so should have a lower framerate than my monitor.

Nope. Framerate is higher and much more stable....

Wtf is going on? Anyone else running ultra wide and notice this?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Refunded. Nothing I did could get the frame rate to stop dropping into the 40s on my 1070.

This is the second game now that Nixxes has done an awful job porting. They eventually fixed Shadow of the Tomb Raider, right ?

If so, blame falls squarely on Square's shoulders for knowingly releasing this in such a garbage state. Nixxes deserves better than to be treated like this.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I had some issues with running this on High at 1080p with a 1070 in the beta and the full game is still bad?=O

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Refunded. Nothing I did could get the frame rate to stop dropping into the 40s on my 1070.

This is the second game now that Nixxes has done an awful job porting. They eventually fixed Shadow of the Tomb Raider, right ?

If so, blame falls squarely on Square's shoulders for knowingly releasing this in such a garbage state. Nixxes deserves better than to be treated like this.
Did you use vsync? That did it for me, capping at 60 fps. Flawless for me now

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
It also hard crashed my system about 4 times while I was testing. Like full on shut it off. I've never seen a game do that before.

It made me nervous that something was wrong with my system, but I've been testing a ton of other stuff today and it all runs great.
Yeah I struggled in the beta but it's flawless for me now once I stopped trying to do anymore than 60 fps. Occasionally it'll hit 100% cpu usage but no crashes, freezes, it's not even making my rig super loud

Nov 25, 2018
Runs absolutely awful for me in some areas.
Performance seems a bit more "stable" in 1920x1080p locked to 60 fps but still very regularly drops below 60. Same performance issues and drops on my 1440p monitor and my ultrawide, nothing I've done has gotten close to fixing that issue. :/

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Running an i7 9700k and 2070 Super. I cannot get 60fps in this game in 4k. Tried dropping the settings to medium and was still getting 45-55fps in the opening area as Kamala.

Any tips on settings that can help me get 60fps? All else fails I'll just play in 1080p.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone getting black screens on Full Screen modes sometimes? like the monitor can't keep up and changing resolutions?

I am getting around 45-50fps in 1440p on a Ryzen 3700x, 32gb of ram and a GTX 1080 with all the default settings.

Not really impressed by those performances...

Also the game crashed to desktop the second Tony Stark showed up in the game for the first time...

I'm always everything high, 1080p and getting in the 70s

Oct 25, 2017
My performance is fine, but whenever I die the game just sort of gives up on my and after loading back in everything will just slowwww down then crash.

Also had a couple of crashes during cutscenes :/

Beast780

Jan 28, 2018
3900x, 2080ti, 32 gb ram. Game has run great so far, ~90 fps on a 1440 Ultrawide monitor, however, I've reached a mission where
the Hulk is chasing Kamala through the Chimaira
and the game keeps crashing to desktop, so I guess I'll wait for a stability patch. Bummer, was enjoying the story so far.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Running an i7 9700k and 2070 Super. I cannot get 60fps in this game in 4k. Tried dropping the settings to medium and was still getting 45-55fps in the opening area as Kamala.

Any tips on settings that can help me get 60fps? All else fails I'll just play in 1080p.
Turn on dynamic resolution, exclusive full screen and vsync. I have a slightly OCed 2070 Super and a 3900x and I constantly hit 60fps at 4K with High presets. It will drop every once in a while on cutscenes with strong depth of field. I am up until the third mission. Gameplay so far, even on the hectic second mission, is a pretty solid 60 with some rare dips. Asset loading, even from a SSD, incurs a 10FPS drop while they happen from what I've seen.

I do have the rain and particles don't move bug. They stay suspended.

Edit: I also have the enhanced particles and water options checked and haven't seen a performance penalty.

Last edited:

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you have crashes on Nvidia and you have a manual OC, no matter how stable anywhere else: Tune it down significantly.
I'm driving +170Mhz to the core for nearly two years now, without any kind of problem.
Had to resolve down to +125MHz for this game.
Temperatures are around 57°C-58°C, so I'm pretty sure it's not the card overheating or other problems. It is the original oc.

The interesting part: Game was absolutely stable for the first 7 hours and the problems occur in later parts of the game.

hersheyfan