• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
www.exophase.com

Marvel's Avengers Achievements - Xbox Series, Xbox One, Windows 10

Achievements, guides, leaderboards, and discussion forums for Marvel's Avengers

Achievements for Marvel's Avengers have leaked. Warning: Spoilers are in these.

Also loot boxes confirmed. They call them "Strongboxes".

Edit: The devs have confirmed that there are no loot boxes in the game so Strongboxes might be like Borderlands chests.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't come out till September.

It was supposed to come out in May before the delay.

Also, read the achievement descriptions. Definitely a lot of plot spoilers.

One thing that caught my eye.

multiple New York achievements.

Could we see a possible Spider Man PS4 cross-over ?

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
This is pretty crazy. Not sure I've ever seen a game's achievements leak this early.

I don't know when they lock these things down but you definitely never see them go live until people have the game and are playing it, though I severely doubt anyone is playing it outside of the studio.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
"I really hope there are more heroes to play as, but reading the achievements it doesn't seem to be the case : (

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
The story spoilers actually seem interesting, specially the evil guy, but I'm actually surprised that...

There are no other main characters other that the ones we know of, there's a reference of some Inhumans but lol cmon they are not going to be playable

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can we play as our own hero every mission or no?

From the Q and A:

www.resetera.com

Marvel's Avengers Q&A details

Q&A video posted from the official Twitter account. Clears up some confusion about RPG systems/open world. Adj_noun's transcript is way better than mine, using that instead. Second Q&A added Transcript courtesy of Adj_noun yet again, thank you. 3rd Q&A

Can you play as any character at any time in single player, or will there be specific chapters tied to specific characters?

The character you're playing is based on the narrative. It's the best character to push that narrative forward. If you were to go through the story in a linear fashion, you will be playing as the story dictates.

However, you can still go off and do these tangents as your chosen character, whoever your favorite hero is, and level that hero up and do cool missions with that hero.

You can say, 'I don't want to play this mission, I don't want to play as Hulk, I want to play as Black Widow.' You can go off and play as Black Widow and learn and feel what it's like to be Widow in those missions. And then come back to the main narrative which dictates what you play as.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a pretty underwhelming list. Not overly spoiler either. Shame it looks like this is the final roster of characters at launch, was hoping for one or two more still.

The story spoilers actually seem interesting, specially the evil guy, but I'm actually surprised that...

There are no other main characters other that the ones we know of, there's a reference of some Inhumans but lol cmon they are not going to be playable

The main character of the game is an Inhuman.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
From the Q and A:

www.resetera.com

Marvel's Avengers Q&A details

Q&A video posted from the official Twitter account. Clears up some confusion about RPG systems/open world. Adj_noun's transcript is way better than mine, using that instead. Second Q&A added Transcript courtesy of Adj_noun yet again, thank you. 3rd Q&A

Can you play as any character at any time in single player, or will there be specific chapters tied to specific characters?

The character you're playing is based on the narrative. It's the best character to push that narrative forward. If you were to go through the story in a linear fashion, you will be playing as the story dictates.

However, you can still go off and do these tangents as your chosen character, whoever your favorite hero is, and level that hero up and do cool missions with that hero.

You can say, 'I don't want to play this mission, I don't want to play as Hulk, I want to play as Black Widow.' You can go off and play as Black Widow and learn and feel what it's like to be Widow in those missions. And then come back to the main narrative which dictates what you play as.

not bad. I guess I'll be buying this after all.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I am not looking forward to seeing that final boss with their art style. Really underwhelmed by all of the "collect this many" and "complete these repeatable side-quests" achievements. This whole game is so generic and by the numbers that I feel like I've already played it and it isn't even out until September.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am not looking forward to seeing that final boss with their art style.
7ee94a8208384da0c232344f1b261e0a.jpg

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
The game sounds like one big collectavon. Not that thats a bad thing necessarily since I think we all expected the game to be pretty grindy. Hope the core gameplay loop and story are compelling

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Was not expecting that character as the final boss (or at least the main villain). Will be interesting to see that design.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man you can really tell the delay was a snap call. This is kinda unprecedented, especially given the spoilers of what I guess is the final boss?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Ant-Man and Hawkeye possibly playable?
Also, Time-Travel confirmed? There's an achievement that says to stop the Helicarrier from crashing into NYC, but at the beginning of the game, that's exactly what's happening. Also, rescuing Cap? Didn't Cap die in the opening?