• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I got married in a presidential train in Alaska, it was nice small affair, we've been going 6 years and it has been great.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
City Hall in a historic city in our state. Very private event with only a handful of attendees. The following day we put in a 30 minute scripted stageshow at a club for our reception.

It ruled.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I got married in a church in Alaska. Married 4 years ago.

Had a second "wedding" in Wisconsin so my family could see us too.

turbocats

Oct 26, 2017
Got married in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado with a handful of family members present and a bunch of elk in the background. It was magical.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Courthouse marriage, so we got our certificate, had our friends sign and officiate, and then brought it back to the courthouse. I think it cost about $45 or something, can't remember.

I know this sounds cheesy as hell, but for me marriage didn't change anything at all. We had been living together for a bit and I already thought of him as my better half. We referred to each other as husband/wife way before it happened. The only reason we got married legally was because we were having kids together and figured it'd be easier to deal with health insurance and stuff like that if we were legally married. I didn't change my name or anything.

Last edited:

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Las Vegas. Even though we'd been together for a while, we got married at short notice and ended up with a very small affair (which, thinking back, I preferred).

Had an event back home though. Felt like the perfect way to do it.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Having a wedding in/around LA where we were living at the time turned out to be more expensive than we were planning for. So we got married in Ireland on the Cliffs of Moher with a few family members and close friends for cheaper. Ended up spending the same amount on the wedding and honeymoon touring the UK for cheaper than we would have spent in the states.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently engaged, but my fiancee has wanted to get married on her great grandpa's property about 3 hours north of us. There's a white gazebo where her mom got married, and that's what my fiancee has wanted to be married in since she was a little girl. I'm happy with giving her the wedding in a place she's been dreaming of.

Melville85

Banned
Nov 15, 2020
At Piha beach in Auckland, NZ. Just had around 40 guests. It was relaxed and wonderful.

It's funny, I was stressing about it quite a bit until my wife turned up. I was worried about 'getting married' but when I saw her I realised I was getting married to her, my best friend, and it was so easy.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I know this sounds cheesy as hell, but for me marriage didn't change anything at all.

This really is the way it should be. That's the way it was for us too. Anyone going in thinking things are going to change are probably going to end up being disappointed.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
A cheap ass hall connected to a bar VFW bar. We didn't think it needed to be some fancy event, we also didn't want to be in any debt because of it

Oct 25, 2017
Courthouse marriage, so we got our certificate, had our friends sign and officiate, and then brought it back to the courthouse. I think it cost about $45 or something, can't remember.

I know this sounds cheesy as hell, but for me marriage didn't change anything at all. We had been living together for a bit and I already thought of him as my better half. We referred to each other as husband/wife way before it happened. The only reason we got married legally was because we were having kids together and figured it'd be easier to deal with health insurance and stuff like that if we were legally married. I didn't change my name or anything.
This is me and my husband exactly! I didn't want a big wedding (or really any wedding), so covid was an awful blessing in disguise. We'd been living together for over a year and I was quitting my job and needed to get on his insurance (and we're about to start fertility treatments) so we just went to the courthouse with my sister and his best friend as witnesses. No one else was in the courtroom due to covid, so we had a "private" ceremony with the magistrate for $50. Couldn't be happier and it's going to be a trip showing our kids photos of us all masked up while getting married, heh. Haven't changed my name either.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Our original wedding appointment was on a regular tuesday and it was only me and the wife.

We held our big marriage ceremony in greece on samos.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
This is me and my husband exactly! I didn't want a big wedding (or really any wedding), so covid was an awful blessing in disguise. We'd been living together for over a year and I was quitting my job and needed to get on his insurance (and we're about to start fertility treatments) so we just went to the courthouse with my sister and his best friend as witnesses. No one else was in the courtroom due to covid, so we had a "private" ceremony with the magistrate for $50. Couldn't be happier and it's going to be a trip showing our kids photos of us all masked up while getting married, heh. Haven't changed my name either.

Good luck! I'm 6 months pregnant thanks to fertility treatments, so I hope your fertility journey is short and sweet.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Courthouse on this one. For three years it was hard to convince my wife to even get rings because each time she preferred to spend the money on travel. Getting the rings later was actually better as we had a lot more stories to write into them so they have a lot more meaning.

First one was courthouse as well with a 100 person ceremony in a hall about a year later.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
First wife: park in Savannah.

Second, better wife: park in Denver

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Wife's aunt had a clubhouse in the neighborhood that could be rented for family gatherings. We decorated that up and had our ceremony there. Mostly family, some friends.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Vegas, on the strip, in the Chapel of the West

We had a lovely time, but my now ex-wife complained a lot towards the end about not having a grander affair, and started assigning a lot of meaning to the fact that we didn't.

Oct 25, 2017
The Hall of Justice.
cincinnati-union-terminal.jpg

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
I got married at Voodoo doughnuts in Portland, Oregon.

No regrets. Great time. We then drove around the town and hung out in coffee shops and were Santa Claus-ing the 2 dozen doughnuts they gave us.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
We did it in a gorgeous forest that my wife used to cross on her way to school when she was in highschool. It was simple, and simply perfect.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
www.theinnatstjohns.com

SAINTS MARY & JOSEPH CHAPEL | Catholic wedding venue at Saint John's Resort

Saints Mary and Joseph Chapel is a Roman Catholic Chapel operated by the Archdiocese of Detroit. Catholic marriage ceremonies are conducted in compliance with Church Law are celebrated in the Chapel.

Used the church there for the wedding and the reception was just down the hall in one of their rooms. Got a round of golf in the morning of.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Rented a hall on the grounds of my wife's alma mater (anyone can rent it, but being an alumnus gave us a discount). Part of the motivation was the building itself was quite nice and required minimal decoration, and their "minimum spend" was low compared to other venues. It also has a great view, with lots of windows and a balcony to enjoy it. They had a separate room we used for the ceremony, so guests just had to go upstairs for the reception. We spent some money (about 20k CAD), but felt it was pretty good bang for the buck. Our motivation for spending at all was that we wanted to put on a nice party for our friends and family. We also covered some expenses for our wedding party to avoid them being out a bunch of money just to stand up there with us in matching clothes.

No regrets, it was fun. Basically had the type of wedding we'd want to attend. Had some mental notes from unfun or underwhelming weddings we'd been to before. Like 100% dry weddings and weddings where they're so disorganized that guests are running around doing chores for the bride and groom.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The Towers in Narragansett. Was a beautiful spot. Didn't have to blow the budget too since the town/state controls the pricing, wedding & reception was $2k.

the-towers-of-narragansett-462df0ad5056a36_462df285-5056-a36a-0b1f3a9dfcb1a5cc.jpg

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Poinsett Club in SC

Imagine an absolutely ridiculous millionaires house from the late 1800s or early 1900s and you'll be spot on.

None of these are from our wedding, but it's a look at it inside. You can have the main reception room set up any way you want, It's a massive room. It's in a house originally built in 1904. Having a hard time finding the wedding ceremony section though (outside of tiny picture), it's a separate part of the house with a large stairway the bride/party walks down into a room from.

It's neat how they can change the tone and lighting. The details list of how you want things was insane.

2013-09-07_18_42_57

7fbcc27174c975a5030ce9413b8d4d70.jpg

BarMflat.jpg

This isn't really my "style", but membership runs in my wife's family, so we got into the venue that way. Wife's best friend is also a wedding planner whose gift was doing so for us for free, just had to pay for the food/drinks/decorations basically.

Where are the pics at? (generic at least)

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
A farm that operates as a tennis club. We wanted to keep it small and on the cheaper side to focus on paying for the honeymoon, and a friend who got married at the same place had high praise for their wedding planner who was included in the cost.

It turned out wonderfully, and all the money we saved or received as gifts paid everything back or went towards the honeymoon.