• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
They released dual trailers from each of the partners point of view previously but last week they released a newer longer trailer.

I'm so excited to watch this.

Also starring Laura Dern, Alan Alda, Ray Liotta.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
baumbach has such a realistic way of writing and portraying characters

I dunno if i could ever get sick of his films

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I burst out laughing when the trailer started. Star Wars is the only thing I've ever seen from Adam Driver, and I thought he was putting on an exaggerated voice for Kylo Ren. Now all I can think of is Kylo Ren in a marriage drama.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I burst out laughing when the trailer started. Star Wars is the only thing I've ever seen from Adam Driver, and I thought he was putting on an exaggerated voice for Kylo Ren. Now all I can think of is Kylo Ren in a marriage drama.

This is criminal - Driver has done a LOT of great work that you've missed.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV

You should go check out Logan Lucky asap. He and Channing Tatum are fantastic, and it's a smart, well put-together crime caper film.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
That looks great. I really liked the previous Baumbach-Netflix joint. It's also really nice to see Ray Liotta in something decent.

Glad to hear more people are appreciating Sion Sono's The Forest of Love
This is the most valuable post in this thread. I had no idea that there is a Nextflix exclusive Sion Sono film.

Netflix is really bad at directing me to watch their original films. This is not the first time I have completely missed a film that would definitely be of interest to me.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this last night, really fantastic. Johansson and Driver are both absolutely incredible in it, really hilarious dialogue and it was extremely moving. This is easily in the running for film of the year

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent Thanksgiving night seeing this at a theater. All the praise for this movie is extremely well deserved. ScarJo and Driver are amazing, as well as Laura Dern. If you know a theater that is playing this, I would highly recommend you go see it

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Was able to watch this yesterday and it's as fantastic as they say. ScarJo and Adam Driver act the hell out of this and any child of divorce will really feel this one oof

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Adam Driver must have an amazing agent. I swear he's been in every good arthouse film I've seen in the last few years. He's like the new Meryl Streep.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm heading to court to finalize my amicable divorce on Tuesday. Don't think I can stand to watch this anytime soon.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Baumbach's movies are kind of pretentious but I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Samuel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm staying away from all trailers because I want to see this fresh.

I'm very interested in seeing Adam Driver in this role!

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
This is criminal - Driver has done a LOT of great work that you've missed.
It's not a bad thing, he exploded in a short time. All of a sudden he is in everything. Like Riz Ahmed as well to a lesser extent.

I was also like that, hey it's that Star Wars dude, he's in this drama. Uhh he's kinda good!

partyhat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So this is out now. There was a review in Australian media giving it 5/5 but warning not to watch this with your SO, due to possible awkardness. I only skimmed the article because the site is actually trash, but would those who've seen it agree?

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait to watch this tomorrow night.

Like, I'm legit coming home to ice cream and wine to eat while this movie just fucking ends me.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
So this is out now. There was a review in Australian media giving it 5/5 but warning not to watch this with your SO, due to possible awkardness. I only skimmed the article because the site is actually trash, but would those who've seen it agree?

Yeah. Apart from the theme if divorce itself, there is some (mundane) stuff they accuse each other off in arguments that sounded painfully recognisable lol. I saw it on my own and at times I thought "lucky she's not with me or I would hear it too afterwards "

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
new Scorsese and new Baumbach within a week of each other, and respectively their best reviewed yet. feels like Netflix is savagely taking over cinema.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the movie a few weeks ago with my girlfriend (i guess it must have been an advanced screening), and I can say that in all honesty I didn't really relate to that article.

I did think it was a great movie though. It's charming, sometimes hilarious, and frequently just sort of heartbreaking. Really strong performances all around too - Seemed like Laura Dern was reprising her role from Big Little Lies, which is definitely not a complaint. Would recommend.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Adam Driver/Scarlett Johanson are like the king/Queen of the Indie darling movies of 2019 with roles in Jojo Rabbit, Marriage Story and The Report.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
'Possible awkwardness' is quite the understatement. Do not, and I repeat, do not watch this as a date movie.

It's a very, very good movie though. Adam Driver better win that best actor Oscar.

partyhat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's not out yet. Supposed to go live tonight though. Sydney here.
Should be out now. Sorry didn't see at the bottom of the article that it mentioned release at 7pm AEDT. Brisbane here myself.

I know my wife wanted to watch it too. We're a bit up and down at the moment so thought I'd check..

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
I thought this was ok. Mostly great as a vehicle for Driver and Johansson's performances, other than that it was just insular and mundane like most Bambauch films. He does a bad job at establishing these characters and building them, instead he just throws scenes at the screen with the motive behind why these characters are how they are a mystery. Like, instead of spending a bunch of time mired in the misery of divorce and lawyers, I want to see more of what got them to that point in the first place.

The scenes when Driver gets to just let loose completely were really powerful and relatable.

Last edited: