• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Are there no Youtubers the opposite of this guy? He's just insufferable to me. Maybe I'm too old...

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm still in the camp of VR being overrated, but this is gonna be hella successful. Haven't played any of these games but hopefully the film turns out decent.

44alltheway

Banned
Apr 17, 2019
User Banned (permanent): Dismissive Commentary Surrounding Bigotry and a History of Similar Behavior; Account in Junior Phase
Some people don't like supporting folks who take up for racists, it's fine if you don't see anything wrong with Markiplier, and honestly I don't have any grave issue with him either, but I'm not gonna sit here and marginalize posters who take umbrage with him for his stances, and I don't see why you should dismiss them either. Try to respect other people's opinions and views a bit, that's all I'm trying to say.
I don't care if someone has a problem with someone else. I've never been a viewer of Markiplier, but people calling him a "piece of shit" doesn't fix anything. Whether you like Pewdiepie or not, standing up for him does not make you a bad person, and certainly doesn't deserve some of the things he (markiplier) is being called.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
I don't care if someone has a problem with someone else. I've never been a viewer of Markiplier, but people calling him a "piece of shit" doesn't fix anything. Whether you like Pewdiepie or not, standing up for him does not make you a bad person, and certainly doesn't deserve some of the things he (markiplier) is being called.

Thank you.

Kinda expected the reactions here on ERA to be what they are, but not this brutal. I dont really like Pewds myself, but Mark was just trying to defend his friend, wether right or wrong. But I will leave it at everyone having their own opinion. Whats done is done.

But back on topic focus: I really cant wait to see what new lore we get from this and the rest of Marks playthrough, same goes for MatPats stuff.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It might just be because I'm getting old, but when people yell over gameplay and become very animated in reaction to anything that happens in the game I physically can't take it. My soul just wants to leave my body

I can't say if I would have liked stuff like this when I was like 14. Maybe I would have. That's probably it

Oct 27, 2017
The really sad thing is, when he was starting out, he played a ton of horror games and was actually pretty calm with his reactions. There wasn't any over the top, hammy as hell screaming or reactions. And it was super enjoyable to watch! He actually helped me to discover some really great mods for games like Amnesia.

And then, fairly rapidly, he became just like every other Youtuber that screams and overreacts to everything under the sun that is the slightest bit frightening.

Turned me off of his content in a real hurry.

And then he went to bat for PDP, which is another issue entirely.

I know, it's a shame. He used to play all kinds of indie horror stuff and it was a lot more considered, interesting and amusing and then he started chasing the popular shite, shrieky overreactions, all the 'cool' games and so on and for me he rapidly went downhill so I unsubbed. Worked for him though, guys has a lot of subs now and is presumably making serious money.

Although he'll always have a place in my heart for Boat Dog.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Standing up for a racist doesn't make you a bad person? Glad it's known at least where you fall on that.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I used to enjoy the occasional Markiplier video but something about YouTubers banding together to pat each other on the back, even when they're being bigots, really turned me off to most of them. And yeah, the overreactions are ridiculous.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I used to enjoy the occasional Markiplier video but something about YouTubers banding together to pat each other on the back, even when they're being bigots, really turned me off to most of them. And yeah, the overreactions are ridiculous.

Yeah the Youtuber clique thing is such a disappointment.

I don't understand how Markiplier of all people could defend a guy like Pewdiepie. It goes completely against what he stands for as a person.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah the Youtuber clique thing is such a disappointment.

I don't understand how Markiplier of all people could defend a guy like Pewdiepie. It goes completely against what he stands for as a person.
It's ok, you shouldn't need to idolise Markiplier. You don't know truly how he stands as a person, only he knows that. And this is where he stands. Has to defend his bigoted friend because of loyalty.

At least among PewDiePie's close friends, Jacksepticeye bothered to criticise his bigoted actions so there was some moral backbone there.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Era's hatred for gaming youtubers never fails to make me laugh. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch some game grumps. Oh but I guess because they are friends with Markiplier that this mean that everyone who works there is a terrible person I'm I right?

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Era's hatred for gaming youtubers never fails to make me laugh. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch some game grumps. Oh but I guess because they are friends with Markiplier that this mean that everyone who works there is a terrible person I'm I right?
Considering that Mark had a falling out with them because of the Matt and Ryan incident, I don't think they're friends anymore.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are the Game Grumps trying to cape for white supremacists too? I'm not sure why people having a problem with this stuff makes you laugh.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm not saying I hate Markiplier, just that I find him unbearable to watch. Much preferred John Wolfe's (earlier) upload, because it was genuine. And he's decent at the game too. Go subscribe to him!

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Hoh? What's this about?
Sorry I think I might be wrong on the "falling out" part, but there was/is definitely bad blood between the Grumps and Markiplier after Ryan and Matt left Mark's group to work at Game Grumps. From the apology letter Mark was really upset that Dan and Arin hired them and Matt and Ryan have mentioned that Mark overworked them and was rude to them.

Apparently things were settled but the Grumps no longer mention Markiplier aside from Dan saying his name every so often with Arin responding awkwardly.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the group who couldnt even make a hard statement aganist jontron. And actively avoid bringing him up

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Markiplier is at his best when he's rambling in a conversational, Family Guy style to the monsters. It's not the over-the-top screaming but it's entertaining enough to make the content worth watching, even if it's undercut by the fact that he has plenty of moments during the FNAF games where he just shuts up to concentrate and play, completely unaffected by jumpscares.

With that out of the way, fuck him for stanning for Pewdiepie. Just giving the alt-right ammo like crazy.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you.

Kinda expected the reactions here on ERA to be what they are, but not this brutal. I dont really like Pewds myself, but Mark was just trying to defend his friend, wether right or wrong. But I will leave it at everyone having their own opinion. Whats done is done.

But back on topic focus: I really cant wait to see what new lore we get from this and the rest of Marks playthrough, same goes for MatPats stuff.

What do you think he was "defending" his friend against? He was trying to get him more subscribers. In defense against what? Having less subscribers than someone else? Oh god, the horror, it's a good thing he was there to protect the diet racist!

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I think I might be wrong on the "falling out" part, but there was/is definitely bad blood between the Grumps and Markiplier after Ryan and Matt left Mark's group to work at Game Grumps. From the apology letter Mark was really upset that Dan and Arin hired them and Matt and Ryan have mentioned that Mark overworked them and was rude to them.

Apparently things were settled but the Grumps no longer mention Markiplier aside from Dan saying his name every so often with Arin responding awkwardly.
Thats uh... that's unfortunate. Did not know that, but I guess you never really know who the person is off screen

Markiplier is at his best when he's rambling in a conversational, Family Guy style to the monsters. It's not the over-the-top screaming but it's entertaining enough to make the content worth watching, even if it's undercut by the fact that he has plenty of moments during the FNAF games where he just shuts up to concentrate and play, completely unaffected by jumpscares.

With that out of the way, fuck him for stanning for Pewdiepie. Just giving the alt-right ammo like crazy.
I agree with this for the most part

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I already default to assuming most gamers are trash that only give a shit about "mah vidya games!" that lack empathy. Good job meeting my expectations I guess?

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
2 days
hi.gif
That's so terrifying to me and I love it. I can't wait!

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
What do you think he was "defending" his friend against? He was trying to get him more subscribers. In defense against what? Having less subscribers than someone else? Oh god, the horror, it's a good thing he was there to protect the diet racist!

I was not even talking bout the subscriber video and more in general but okay. Feel bad for OP that this thread has been derailed like this.

Also im a fan of Mark but he is faaaaar from perfect, his video style keeps changing or evolving for better or worse at times. That criticism I understand completely. There are games where he just goes wild in without thought and that bothers me, but then there are others where he 100% beats the game with full focus and interest. Also sucks when his ADHD comes into effect, even in his none gaming videos but he obviously cant help that. Still interesting seeing how much his channel has changed in these past 5 to 6 years.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
MatPat's live stream for the game is way better, imo. And Mat was going in on some lore stuff along the way.

LP still not complete and you can look up the other parts on his channel if you're interested.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
He's one of those people that likes to hear himself talk way too much, I'll look around for other coverage.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Talking about the actual game itself, I gotta commend them for the amount of content it seems it's going to have.

I thought it was just going to be the first game but they're going above and beyond.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm planning on making the OT for Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted. But I should definitely see if I still have Photoshop lol.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
This game is virtually impossible to watch. Don't know if it's just Markiplier overreacting or what, but I got a headache watching this.

Shame, because I enjoyed his play throughs of the original games. Which I think were before the defending shit happened...

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I was not even talking bout the subscriber video and more in general but okay. Feel bad for OP that this thread has been derailed like this.

Also im a fan of Mark but he is faaaaar from perfect, his video style keeps changing or evolving for better or worse at times. That criticism I understand completely. There are games where he just goes wild in without thought and that bothers me, but then there are others where he 100% beats the game with full focus and interest. Also sucks when his ADHD comes into effect, even in his none gaming videos but he obviously cant help that. Still interesting seeing how much his channel has changed in these past 5 to 6 years.

I was a huge fan of Mark's until he stanned for such an asshole and racist. The fact that I was a fan of his work is why I was so disappointed. I don't think his videos are cringey and I don't even mind how erratic he can be in them. I mind his need to suck up to Felix for clicks.

Oct 27, 2017
You're just going to keep posting his videos without even acknowledging the fact he's friends with and stans for a racist?
Yes, apparently. lol

This thread is for advertising this niche little youtuber's channel, don't you see? /s

Posts video
*silence as thread grows*
Posts 2nd video
*silence*
Posts 3rd video

Why is this thread still going? It's an ad thread.

OP
OP
Lucreto

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, apparently. lol

This thread is for advertising this niche little youtuber's channel, don't you see? /s

Posts video
*silence as thread grows*
Posts 2nd video
*silence*
Posts 3rd video

Why is this thread still going? It's an ad thread.

Frankly I don't have an opinion on the matter and only heard about this controversy in this topic.

I don't support or condemn Mark. I enjoy his over the top reactions to FNaF and other do to and that is why I post it. It is enjoy the art not the artist thing.

If people like this series of videos I will continue to post them. If you don't like them you can ignore the thread.

If mods feel strongly they can close the thread I don't mind. But I rather people discuss the game and how he plays it than which was the intention before it was derailed.

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly I don't have an opinion on the matter and only heard about this controversy in this topic.

I don't support or condemn Mark. I enjoy his over the top reactions to FNaF and other do to and that is why I post it. It is enjoy the art not the artist thing.
Mmmhhmm... not a fan. Sure.
If people like this series of videos I will continue to post them.
AccurateUnfinishedBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

But I rather people discuss the game and how he plays it than which was the intention before it was derailed.
There's a handful of people who talk about the game itself, some just saying "watch someone else", others are saying why they don't like/support the guy and who they prefer. They ain't talking about your videos, not even you are. This thread was never on the rails you thought apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.