• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Market basket is a goddamn religion. I mean, all of New England almost went to war over the damn chain. That being said, I'm not about fighting the crowds to go there.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Open one on Martha's Vineyard. That place has the busiest grocery stores I've been in by far.

When I was younger I worked at Stop and Shop. They had a program where you could volunteer to work at Nantucket for the summer and they'd set you up with free housing. Was an amazing time.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I miss their 5% discount on everything during that family strife if I'm remembering it correctly.
Sometimes I'll go to the Stop & Shop next door and pay $20 more to avoid the craziness.

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I haven't thought about Market Basket since I left Leominster to move to AZ. I loved their store-brand pop-tarts as a teen. That place is my mental image any time I hear grocery store.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I only do Wegman's but yeah, MA folks fucking love running a brand into the ground with oversaturation lol

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Market Basket is okay but I prefer Price chopper, close and cheap. Hated Shaws and the few Park n Shop locations still around are just creepy.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Market Basket has the best steak bombs in my area. Tried Belsitos, tried spoodles, just ain't worth it.
Wegmans used to be better but is kinda meh, overpriced in many cases, still best place to get cheeses though, and they got a great alcohol add-on area.

its also been a long time since i lived in new england so basically anything that isnt a safeway all kinda blends into one mediocre experience

hannafords is pretty deece though
Hannafords is so overpriced and still not better than just making your own food.

I only do Wegman's but yeah, MA folks fucking love running a brand into the ground with oversaturation lol
I went to a dentist appointment at like 11 AM and the parking lot for Market Basket was just as packed as the weekend, seriously, they need that many locations lol.

Market Basket is okay but I prefer Price chopper, close and cheap. Hated Shaws and the few Park n Shop locations still around are just creepy.

Their rebrand to Market 52 in my area was awful, and now they have the audacity to charge for shitty small paper bags. Rather shop at Aldi if I'll be forced to pay for bags. (And the prices still aren't better, though their bakery always has an awesome peasant bread.)

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Their rebrand to Market 52 in my area was awful, and now they have the audacity to charge for shitty small paper bags. Rather shop at Aldi if I'll be forced to pay for bags. (And the prices still aren't better, though their bakery always has an awesome peasant bread.)
Even as Price Chopper they vary wildly in location. The one in Webster isnt that bad and beats going to Oxford for Market Basket.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Having the closest grocery store close can be devasting for people without the means to commute

But I love how tongue in cheek this video was. Especially the bit at the end with the reporter on the mechanical horse 😂

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Market Basket rules and so do all of these people.

I remember going to the one in Somerville for the first time and realizing that I had never actually seen a busy grocery store before now

Pretty much all of East Somerville shops there. It's a great location but my god is it insanity inside.

That one on Somerville Ave is a warzone at times. Lived a few minute walk from it. Gotta be real nimble. I went there once on Super Bowl Sunday and it was one of the craziest scenes I've ever seen.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
You like Apples?

maxresdefault.jpg

Apples are on sale this week. Only at Market Basket.

large%2Bgood%2Bwill%2Bhunting2x.jpg

How you like them Apples?

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Context for non-Boston people?
Market Basket is a beloved grocery store chain. They typically have the best prices, good selection, and treat their employees very well.

A few years back, there was a corporate power struggle where they tried to oust the CEO and put in his brother. The employees started massive protests that went on for a couple months, until they got the old CEO back.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I fuckin' hate shopping at Market Basket. It's like an episode of the walking dead every time I go in there.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Mass is weird when it comes to Supermarkets. There is an H-Mart, a Wegman's, a Trader Joes and a Market Basket all within 2 miles on the same road and they are always packed.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
I once worked at a hospital that had two Dunkin Donuts inside, and it was not a remotely large hospital.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Mass is weird when it comes to Supermarkets. There is an H-Mart, a Wegman's, a Trader Joes and a Market Basket all within 2 miles on the same road and they are always packed.

Shit, that's nothing.

In my area in Virginia we have a Kroger, Publix, Wegman's, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Aldi, and Lidl, all within a 2 mile stretch on the same road.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I pay extra money to not shop at Market Basket. I went there once and found it absolutely terrifying. The prices can't be worth it.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Woburn has to be the worst one.
Busiest
Worst parking
Smallest aisles

I can't confirm that's all fact but I believe it is.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I call it DeMoulas sometimes just to see how people respond.
That's actually hilarious.

I don't like my local MB, but no one does and we usually juat shop at Hannafords. This fucking sucks though, any grocery store going under is going to fuck over the local community short and long term.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Raynham Market Basket is always so crowded. We need 2 more Market Baskets