• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Mark Hoppus from blink-182 has a Twitch channel now where he's been playing Animal Crossing, Ghost of Tsushima and some other games. A few days ago, he was reminded of an MTV documentary for their 2003 untitled album that he had never watched.

So he decided to watch it for the first time on Twitch. It's a very fun stream with a number of jolly little moments such Mark singing along to Box Car Racer, the beginnings of "Up All Night" which didn't become a full song until 2011 and one of the biggest laughs I've had all year at about 42:45.

Figured this would be a fun watch for any blink fans here on Era!

Also, a bonus Mark on Twitch clip:

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I watched through this whole thing a few days ago. He apparently even has his own discord where he gives info on the band and backstory etc.

My favorite part of this clip was him getting hype over playing the original Animal Crossing on his GCN in the documentary, and the birth of Tom's infamous "YED" from I miss you.

Untitled is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. I wish Tom would come back to the band, but his UFO stuff is really getting some traction so I guess that's it for his return.

They need someone to push them creatively like Tom did. Last couple of albums had some glimmers - but they need to evolve like Untitled was.

Xion385

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think their latest album is the best.
tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Mark's cool. I feel like a reunion with Tom could've happened for the 20th anniversary of Untitled since Tom is doing a new AVA album was touring in 2019 and was supposed to all of 2020, felt like he was getting back into it, but then Covid and alien stuff picked up so now I doubt it's happening then. Maybe the 25th lol. :(

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Untitled album is easily my favorite album of theirs. It's a damn shame we never got a followup in 05 or 06 instead they broke up. Neighborhoods was okay but it can't compare.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
Man this takes me back. I was fucking OBSESSED back in the day. I watched these videos so
Many times

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Untitled is a landmark pop-punk emo crossover album. Plus it had a Robert Smith feature.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I watched through this whole thing a few days ago. He apparently even has his own discord where he gives info on the band and backstory etc.

My favorite part of this clip was him getting hype over playing the original Animal Crossing on his GCN in the documentary, and the birth of Tom's infamous "YED" from I miss you.

Untitled is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. I wish Tom would come back to the band, but his UFO stuff is really getting some traction so I guess that's it for his return.

They need someone to push them creatively like Tom did. Last couple of albums had some glimmers - but they need to evolve like Untitled was.
Mark recently said he watched the Beastie Boys documentary on Apple TV and it made him want to call up Tom and get the band back together.

But yeah, Tom's shit is getting more traction and he's about to finish up a new AvA album and tour that in spring (COVID permitting) so ughhh frustrating ;_;

count me as someone who still loved the stuff they did before he left like Neighborhoods (deluxe) and DED. This was a really cool watch, best thing I've seen in a while. The splurge line jfccc

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I think their latest album is the best.

Pretty incredible that adding Skiba made them so much worse.

And yes, untitled is the best blink album.

Now that time has passed since Nine released, it's honestly one of my favorite blink albums.

With Neighborhoods, it had some really great individual tracks but you can hear the fact that they weren't recording together. It feels very random. It felt like they were getting back into the swing of things with Dogs Eating Dogs but then Tom left again. And with California, it's got some fun tracks but didn't feel like they were in sync with each other yet.

But I really, really love Nine. The darker subject matter hit me at a relevant time in my life with my decade-long relationship ending and I think they found more of a specific sound with Skiba. It has some killer hooks. "Hungover Me" not being a single blows my mind.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Mark's cool. I feel like a reunion with Tom could've happened for the 20th anniversary of Untitled since Tom is doing a new AVA album was touring in 2019 and was supposed to all of 2020, felt like he was getting back into it, but then Covid and alien stuff picked up so now I doubt it's happening then. Maybe the 25th lol. :(
20th would be in 2023. Long time yet

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing OP, Ill watch this when I wake up later!

I do not like the new album but I thought California was a top 3 blink-182 Album and is my personal favorite.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Mark recently said he watched the Beastie Boys documentary on Apple TV and it made him want to call up Tom and get the band back together.

But yeah, Tom's shit is getting more traction and he's about to finish up a new AvA album and tour that in spring (COVID permitting) so ughhh frustrating ;_;

count me as someone who still loved the stuff they did before he left like Neighborhoods (deluxe) and DED. This was a really cool watch, best thing I've seen in a while. The splurge line jfccc

I loved Neighborhoods and even though they did most of it separately and apart - there's some real good blink on there - particularly ghost on the dance floor.

And lol that splurge line took me a minute to get. I initially thought he said "tits".

Tom had an interview from two days ago where he talks about how passionate he is about ufos and he wouldn't have left blink for something fruitless. He understands the sacrifice he made. Makes it seem like the return won't happen.

I just want more dichotomy between mark and skiba in "new blink". I hope this new EP theyre teasing is going to be good.

"No heart to speak of" is really the only post untitled skiba track I really really like. It's one of the band's best.

Last edited:

wenis

Oct 25, 2017

I've got an original Cheshire Cat in my vinyl collection. One day I'll remove the plastic and get Mark to sign it.

gunna watch this twitch thing during lunch.I vividly remember watching this doc too when it first aired.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Skiba is fine, I miss Tom but if he doesn't want to be part of blink that's on him. His band is fine if a bit pretentious at times.

Honestly I enjoyed the last two blink albums, they have had some good tracks.

There is still part of me that wishes +44 had another album.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Mark has a degree of self-awareness about his band that I have to admire.

He's always like, "Yeah, it's just Blink." No pretentiousness or self-admiration. He's always appreciative of his spot too.

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
Enema of The State was def their best overall album*, but TOYPAJ and Untitled were pretty great. Honestly never listened to anything after those albums (Neighborhoods, California) until the most recent Nine album.

The stuff that came out of this group was pretty amazing. AvA, Gorillaz - Obviously some of the albums were a part of their time, but honestly still really hold up today.

*Dude Ranch was raw but pretty amazing.