• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
She has a real good chance of being the Republican 2024 Presidential nominee. This crazy lady is terrifying.

She's probably worse than Trump. I expect every future GOP Presidential nominee to be worse than Trump, in fact.

The GOP's failure as a collective to condemn January 6th and swiftly punish those responsible was a pretty blatant point-of-no-return for the party.

They do that, & they'll lose forever.

People give the media way too much credit for 2016. Trump was already extremely famous before he ran for president.

No one really knew Trump very well outside of NY, NJ & CT. That's how he was able to claim himself as an unknown candidate & run off of it.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really agree with this. Trump was a pretty big celebrity for a while and The Apprentice was huge at its peak.
I remember even in the early 90's Trump's name would commonly come up on lists of people/celebrities who were thought to entertaining the idea of running for president. Everyone laughed it off then too, lol. Trump has always been such a joke.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I don't really agree with this. Trump was a pretty big celebrity for a while and The Apprentice was huge at its peak.

Reality shows never determines a person's full character. The majority of America & the rest of the world had to find that out from 2015 to early 2021. Trump was more like a D-List celebrity if anything, & The Apprentice was his only big claim to fame.

Celebrities holding office of any sort never works out very well. See Ronald Reagan & Arnold Schwarzenegger.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
I do not believe she is popular enough to run as a VP. I have to believe the majority of people will look at her statements and scoff.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
she's really enjoying her 15 minutes of infamy I see. strike when the iron is hot, I suppose.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Trump was well known before the Apprentice, it is why he has a cameo in Home Alone. He had the name recognition. People also knew he was horrible, as he always mouthed off when he went on Howard Stern.

during a 2005 interview with radio personality Howard Sternregarding Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants. In the exchange, Stern asks Trump if, in the years he owned Miss Universe and Miss USA, there were times he had sex with the contestants, all of whom are over age 18.

"Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I'll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed, and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.

"You know, the dresses. 'Is everyone okay?' You know, they're standing there with no clothes. 'Is everybody okay?' And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good."

five Miss Teen USA 1997 contestants did allege in 2016 that Trump walked into the dressing room as contestants — some as young as 15 years old — were changing.

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
They do that, & they'll lose forever.

No one really knew Trump very well outside of NY, NJ & CT. That's how he was able to claim himself as an unknown candidate & run off of it.
I hope you're right. However, I can't help but remember how so many experts said that about Trump. Political experts also said the same about Ronald Regan at the time.

I'll never underestimate how low the GOP will go.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that people donated 1.6$ million (and more...) to this woman completely baffles me. It's truly insane.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I really, really cannot stress enough how insignificant MJT is in comparison to the likes of Donald Trump and Ronald fucking Reagan lmao

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Remember all this shit Trump had done and said before the 2016 election? Remember how it didn't matter at all? Yea all this "dirt" on her is gonna do nothing.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
oh god. this woman can NOT be allowed to run for president. Holy shit Imagine the damage she will do if she got in office.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Palin ultimately hurt McCain. She was appealing to the very same people that like Trump and Greene, but also scared the shit out of an even larger portion of the country when people saw just how crazy she was and how little knowledge she had. Greene being put on the big stage would have all of her conspiracies laid bare to the majority of the country. From her Sandy Hook was a hoax belief to her believing that Democrats drinking the blood of babies.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
it's clear to see 2016 really broke a lot of people. you felt it on a fundamental level even back when it happened yeah, but to still see the remnants of the myopia even 4 years later is quite revealing.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Likely true. It doesn't seem like we're capable of preventing it.

I'd bet against it. A major take away from the election for Republicans is that they have to be real careful with bombastic candidates that end up boosting dem turnout because they're so obnoxious.

Yeah, one big plus for Trump in 2016 was that he was a relative unknown. As soon as he spent a term in power, he got ousted with such force that it broke the Republican groupthink and his party started turning on him a little. Even a little is absolutely bananas

Marj ain't gonna have that advantage. She's gonna have a few years of crazy behind her on the national stage.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
The USA is doomed if the GOP gains power in the next decade. They need to clean out the house but they won't.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I hope you're right. However, I can't help but remember how so many experts said that about Trump. Political experts also said the same about Ronald Regan at the time.

I'll never underestimate how low the GOP will go.

Getting a bit of deja vu here since I swear I heard the same argument when Trump announced his candidacy as well.

After what had happened with Trump & with the way of how the GOP party are currently showing themselves, people are going to remember.

Yeah, one big plus for Trump in 2016 was that he was a relative unknown. As soon as he spent a term in power, he got ousted with such force that it broke the Republican groupthink and his party started turning on him a little. Even a little is absolutely bananas

Marj ain't gonna have that advantage. She's gonna have a few years of crazy behind her on the national stage.

That's exactly what I'm talking about earlier in regards to Trump.

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
I was listening to the Meidas Touch podcast, and they framed the GOP correctly. The few GOP members like Romney and Cheney who, will still horrible but have resisted being Trump cult member are now the Fringe of the GOP, since they are the small minority. The likes of Greene are now the mainstream GOP.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017

Exactly. I'm putting all my chips on the next GOP candidate to be more similar to Biden mannerism-wise than trump. A wink and a smile.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Someone like Kasich or Romney I bet.
I think there's too much history available on both of em. It's gotta be somebody that can walk the line of deniable plausibility while still handing out all the dog-whistle shit Republicans love. Trump was too blatant but I'm betting they're closer now to the sweet spot than they've ever been.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
She has a real good chance of being the Republican 2024 Presidential nominee. This crazy lady is terrifying.

Not while Trump can still run. Even then Jr. is eagerly waiting on the bench. My guess is he's looking for allies in a party split.

Someone like Kasich or Romney I bet.

Not sure about Kasich but the republicans HATE Romney. Dude has no shot unless they somehow rebrand in the next two years and we all collectively develop amnesia.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wonder if figures like Magic the Gathering here are just dumb enough to actually believe all the bullshit, or just sociopathic enough to weaponize it. Either way she's a dangerous and ugly goblin.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know sometimes since Trump can't be on twitter and he is no longer pres I forget that he's still alive because it's so quiet.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
The thing about greene is she has no accomplishments to accel her forward. Trump was a billionaire and the face of a popular TV show and famous before that too. I mean even palin as VP was at least a governor, albeit of alaska but some executive experience. Being just a representative from a backwater district won't be enough imo.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
This is irrelevant as it is a mythology based around him. He has signaled several times his approval for these people.

Don't have to believe in something to exploit it for profit.

No one is disputing this. "actually believes" in Q was the distinction in the original post. A bunch of people in Washington right now exploit the Q bullshit. It would be an escalation to get an outright believer in the highest office.