• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eg_oFbGXgAEV4Jk

This is the first brand-new Splatfest since the final Order vs Chaos one (if you don't count the reruns), I'm assuming Pearl will be Team Mushroom, and Marina will be Team Star.

Special Mario themed keychains will be coming to MyNintendo Rewards closer to the Splatfest and later today you can buy t-shirts that will match the ones in-game. Like the ones for Chaos vs Order, they'll probably sell out really fast.

The tshirts should be available from Nintendo's Online Store later today

Eg_kAuWU0AIcLHP

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to be able to buy the shirts again, I just know it

Pearl once again having the better option, as per usual

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Will this accompany some dark lore of how the Mario universe perished in the apocalypse that birthed the Splatoon universe

OP
OP
RecRoulette

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo of Japan is giving out a medal to every player ranked in the top 100 of each team, and another 100 will be given out randomly to those who enter a drawing. Doubt we get anything like this outside of Japan but it's still neat

Eg_joqcU8AA1fdx

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Faaaancy a brand new Splatfest after so long!
I think I'm going team Mushroom for now

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Missed out on the final splatfest tees but copped the both mario ones this time.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I was only able to get Marina's shirt for the last splatfest (which is fine, that's the team I joined), but I was able to order one of each this time. They look so nice that I'm tempted to wear them, but I think they'd look pretty awesome framed as a diptych.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Those shirts are really cool but they are probably too expensive with the shipping that Nintendo Store usually applies.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Can I just have a power-up which brings back my Inkbrush + Sprinkler combination please? :(

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Got to go with mushroom, honestly. The star is often smuck bait that gets you to run around recklessly, trying to best utilize it under the time limit, only to fall into a dang pit.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Ordered my Star shirt. Looks like it should be, which I hope it is, the same kind of style shirt that their Nintendo New York ones were, which are nice and light.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Hah, by the time I get a card they accept it sold out. Not up in EU yet, and Japan isn't sending things to foreign locations at all so I won't even bother.

The Order/Chaos shirts are back on EU store btw. Grabbed the Chaos one again, let's see if DHL won't screw me over this time.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Hah, by the time I get a card they accept it sold out. Not up in EU yet, and Japan isn't sending things to foreign locations at all so I won't even bother.

The Order/Chaos shirts are back on EU store btw. Grabbed the Chaos one again, let's see if DHL won't screw me over this time.

Great spot!

How did you find out by the way? Are the other mynintendo stores in the EU as impossible to browse as the UK one? There's no 'store' per se... Just a news section that's archived.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Great spot!

How did you find out by the way? Are the other mynintendo stores in the EU as impossible to browse as the UK one? There's no 'store' per se... Just a news section that's archived.

The EU store is distinct from the UK one, and is better designed indeed - but there's no english version, only for the mainland languages. Also they don't ship outside those countries.

And I found out by luck. Right after I saw the Splatfest announcement I went to the portuguese store (since I can read that lol) to check if the shirts were live and bam, found the Chaos/Order relisted.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
C'mon Ninty, stop playing safe. Just go nuts with a more polemic theme:

1. Best Mario RPG: SMRPG x TTYD

2. Worst mainline 3D Mario: Odyssey x Sunshine

3. Sexiest Mario character: Bowsette x Mario with nipples

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This and the shirts got me back in. Looking forward to the Splatfest!

Thauros

Dec 11, 2018
There seem to be some 2XL available for the Marina and a variety of sizes for the Pearl! Not sure how much longer they'll last!