• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
I'm struggling to get games online, not finding any players. Is the matchmaking regionalized or something?

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Simple mode is where it's at, but I feel like there's a lot of BS still in that mode. I was against a luigi last night who would be doing the dive/soft returns but at extreme angles to cross court that would win the point, it was ridiculous.

More ridiculous was that simple slow (not so) curved shots my player just wouldn't hit back, even though I was in position...

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playing against a chain chomp feels like playing against someone with drive assist on Mario Kart. I main Bowser and kept destroying someone, but once he picked Chain Chomp our rallies became so long. Had to just keep finding odd ways to beat him

Oct 25, 2017
Simple mode is where it's at, but I feel like there's a lot of BS still in that mode. I was against a luigi last night who would be doing the dive/soft returns but at extreme angles to cross court that would win the point, it was ridiculous.

More ridiculous was that simple slow (not so) curved shots my player just wouldn't hit back, even though I was in position...
Yeah I have the same impressions. Something doesn't feel right.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you love it when you're about to win and the opponent gives his controller to the older brother who is a pro in this game? You can clearly see that it's not the same player anymore.
I deserved that fucking win.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Getting some severe input lag on both my joy-con controllers and my SF30 Pro. Leaning on it being a console issue rather than the controllers themselves. Can vary from .5 to 1.5-ish seconds of lag, and single button presses become double presses and all that.

Might not be the thread to ask this, but does anyone else have experience with this, and if so, what fixed it for you? I'm only 2 feet away from my console too!

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I just noticed that the game does explain on the How to Play tab the differences between aim and power shots.

How is this not front and center for beginners to see baffles me, Adventure Mode doesn't even explain this either.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
This is fucking lame. So any competitions between high level players are just going to be returning endless trick shots to each other. Trickshots shouldn't build meter, they should only USE meter. The leniency on them needs to come down as well.

The issue is that some story mode bosses are designed for the trickshot to build meter so the woukd have to change it for pvp.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any unlocks/rewards for doing computer tournaments? I noticed that it records which characters have completed each of the tournaments. Also, is there a difficulty level above Star Cup?

I am surprised at how little info I have been able to find about this game online.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
dunno if you've gotten an answer by now, I just got my retail copy finally and it mentions a 2GB required extra download on the back for the day-1 update.

mtaplayerss3sg9.jpg

edit: but what I actually downloaded was just 96MB ... lol?

36271708_2160594607563ts18.jpg

Thank you very very much TheMoon. I have been hearing confusing reports about that, and the below image is what I was hoping to see. I found very confusing to read about 2GB needed when the digital size of the game is that, but the fact that the case points out about that size makes it even stranger... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, on that case I'll probably go for a retail copy this weekend. Thanks!

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
dunno if you've gotten an answer by now, I just got my retail copy finally and it mentions a 2GB required extra download on the back for the day-1 update.

mtaplayerss3sg9.jpg

edit: but what I actually downloaded was just 96MB ... lol?

36271708_2160594607563ts18.jpg
download warnings are inflated to be safe in a lot of cases, not just this game

EDIT: to flesh that out, there's download and then install data. once the game is installed, the download data is deleted

same thing happens with PS3/4 and most PC games

Oct 25, 2017
Trick shots ruining the game for me. Players abusing them to get any (otherwise) impossible ball. It's almost impossible to win against those players.
It makes me angry and that means I'm going to lose. This mechanic should not be in the game, it's ridiculous.

Simple mode is fun as hell though

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My copy finally arrived!

So, what is there to unlock right now?
Can I get additional characters or skins?
Or is it all gonna be online tournaments from here on out?

I want DK with a tennis cap and referee toad..

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
My copy finally arrived!

for the moment, there is nothing to unlock, in a way, the demo a few weeks ago had more unlocks lol

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
My copy finally arrived!

There is nothing to unlock except the adventure stages for local play.

Just online play for now.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Have any updates been announced? I want this to be supported at least like ARMS.

Also please fix the settings/doubles tournament things.

I actually think this is a good game, but needs a little more care to be great.

Oct 25, 2017
well, I'm getting better now.
won: 19
lost: 31 (most of them when I tried to learn the game of course)

I haven't played the demo so I'm a noob

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Have any updates been announced? I want this to be supported at least like ARMS.

Also please fix the settings/doubles tournament things.

I actually think this is a good game, but needs a little more care to be great.

5 characters at least (presumably over the course of 5 months) confirmed. Hopefully more beyond that. Alt costumes confirmed as well, but no one knows how many or when those are coming.

These are all on-disc DLC though that's been announced. I would love to see some more single player content or some UI/balance updates (Stats????).

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Thy really just need to open up the options for match types. Quick Play and Extended just aren't enough. No reason we can't regular Tennis 2 of 3 sets, first to 6 games/win by 2 games/tiebreaker at 6 all.

That will give the game a greater longevity.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
So far the most fun I have had with the game is the star cup playing as a random character . Matches are a little longer, cpu is a decent difficulty.

Online has been hit or miss. My switch sits next to my router and my Xbox In another room gets 75mb/s download so the slowdowns in between hits are either opponent related or my Switch wifi isn't great.

Adventure mode so far has been okay, no retry button can be annoying for those random challenges (do x amount with this constraint). The story is laughable but I don't think anyone was expecting an Emmy winning story for a Mario tennis game

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
well, I'm getting better now.
won: 19
lost: 31 (most of them when I tried to learn the game of course)

I haven't played the demo so I'm a noob

Yeah, level of play has increased exponentially since the demo. My records 47-16 with only 3 tournament wins as opposed to 50+ wins with less than 10 losses on the beta.

All the more reason to actually have decent match making, Camelot.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still haven' t played a classic game and probably never will. At least someone at camelot must have noticed it plays and looks ridiculous so they added simple, I want to meet that hero. Should I charge my dropshots btw? Don't think I have a lot of winners that way.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew. Just lost a hugely intense tie breaker against a Bowser with 60,000 points. Great match. Both got into each other's heads so much.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
It's fucking infuriating how there's no quick restart option in Adventure Mode. Having to scrub through all that shitty dialogue or even skipping it takes 30-40 seconds to start a match/challenge again. Grrrrr.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking infuriating how there's no quick restart option in Adventure Mode. Having to scrub through all that shitty dialogue or even skipping it takes 30-40 seconds to start a match/challenge again. Grrrrr.
There's no skip when losing, but before the match starts you can hit + to skip the intro text it's definitely infuriating when you keep losing and wasting time on text

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a DK in the final called Antoine. I was pretty much dominating and it was Championship Point on his serve. He refused to serve for the final point and forfeited the match after no activity within 30 seconds. Delicious salt.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, in simple mode Boo is suposed to teleport himself too?
I just got a match that the person could teleport and was near impossible to score a point

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely amazing how much better I am against players during the day during players at night. I was losing my shit at 2 am this morning but had more manageable games around 10 am.