• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Great excuse to play the DLC to the first one. I loved the base game and bought the DLC day one but never actually played it. Hope this one expands on the over world stuff a bit and maybe pulls in other properties if they are leaving Mario worlds.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please let me have a team of all Mario characters. Please.

Did not like that I was forced to use a Rabbid.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I should play Luigi's Mansion 3 lol
I genuinely didn't expect this level of graphics from the Switch

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it doesn't look like something much more advanced than the original to me, and that was released 4 years ago. it's not surprising that they're able to get more out of the system after all these years.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Rabbid Luma is proof that the Paper Mario devs just love how Toads looks and it has nothing to do with a Shadow Mario Standards Committee lurking in the background.
Going by the text description, I'd guess those stars are actually "Sparks" rather than Luma. I guess Nintendo considered them different enough to be their own thing rather than Mario characters, in spite of them being clearly Luma references.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. These look like they could be Switch Pro screenshots to me. The lighting in particular.

InfiniteCats

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the original. Excited to see how they've been able to expand the gameplay, particularly the overworld stuff.

Vexxan

Oct 28, 2017
Loved playing the first game even though I never really got into the "regular" XCOM games, will definitely get this!

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nope.
img1.jpg

screenshot01

That just proves my point. It definitely looks better. But it isn't some massive gap in quality.

The "THIS MUST BE SWITCH PRO" posts are ridiculous. Monster Hunter Rise exists. There is literally nothing about these screens that the current Switch can't do.

Jan 13, 2020
Hahahaha, the Switch Pro posts are hilarious. The standard Switch can produce graphics like this, easily. In fact, it barely looks better than the original.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Looking forward to playing this on my New Nintendo Switch it'll be higher resolution and hopefully 60fps*

*If I can get past the scalpers.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The fact there's not a whiff of mention of the Switch Pro in the leaked announcement tells me all I need to know; the Pro "rumours" were an inside job by Nintendo to flush out people with connections that have leaked Direct content in the past. It doesn't exist.

lalilulelo

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Bit of an underwhelming announcement, but stoked regardless! Been waiting and hoping for a Mario x Rabbids sequel.

Cornetto

Oct 26, 2017
The fact there's not a whiff of mention of the Switch Pro in the leaked announcement tells me all I need to know; the Pro "rumours" were an inside job by Nintendo to flush out people with connections that have leaked Direct content in the past. It doesn't exist.

lalilulelo
I don't even know what to believe anymore. The MGS reference only makes everything more confusing, are you sarcastic or is some sort of elaborate hint?

Bobdapeach

Jun 15, 2019
Game looks amazing. Like many others, I played the original and it was really great.
Probably not going to buy this on launch tho. Made my mistake with it being one of the first Ubisoft games I purchased and buying it at full price and seeing it drop down to $20 later stung. But really looking forward to this, the pics look amazing.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Not everyone likes AC and Far Cry and more and more people are getting sick of 'Ubisoft-style games'. This news will be all over Twitter, so now people who usually don't really care for their open world sandboxes etc might tune in as well. I know multiple people who don't care for Ubi's stuff at all and weren't planning on watching, but love the first Mario + Rabbids, so who knows. They might tune in now.

Looking at Ubisofts sales numbers the narrative that people are growing tired of their games is pretty weird. FC6 is a way bigger deal than Mario + Rabbids.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks amazing. Like many others, I played the original and it was really great.
Probably not going to buy this on launch tho. Made my mistake with it being one of the first Ubisoft games I purchased and buying it at full price and seeing it drop down to $20 later stung. But really looking forward to this, the pics look amazing.
it's just how ubi games works. if you have the patience you'll be able to get the game + expansion pass for less than what even the DLC originally cost. don't think i can wait for this tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.