• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
1st also! Increased my score by ~1000 points last night before going to sleep. Good decision, because second place ended with ~300 points behind me.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
1st place. Tier 10 now and it's getting harder all the time for someone not spending money on this.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did one multi and got 1 Super and 10 commons lawl. Welp, time to wait for King Boo. Gonna be tough.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
yGpebm9.jpg

After Kimono Peach destroyed me, this was nice.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Got 3 high ends in my first 10 pulls, holy shit.
Swooper glider
Wicked wings glider
AND King Boo LM!!

edit: second 10 pull, got the spotlight car. Overall, not bad at all.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
27 rubies for non gold pass players on the gift boxes and like 9 of em are in the final stretch of giftboxes, oof. That 10 pull is now looking so far away.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I got a bunch of duplicates and the wicked wings on my first 10 pull. Should be able to scrounge up enough gems for at least one more 10 pull by the end of the week at least.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
1st place. Tier 10 now and it's getting harder all the time for someone not spending money on this.
Eh, I think the difficulty is designed to fluctuate back and forth. I got first place really easy in tier 1 and then utterly destroyed in tier 4. Tier 5 was really easy again and in Tier 8 I barely got third place. I haven't reached the cup yet, but I'm expecting to do poorly again now in Tier 11 unless most people in my tier have quit playing, and then do pretty well again in Tier 12 or 13.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Eh, I think the difficulty is designed to fluctuate back and forth. I got first place really easy in tier 1 and then utterly destroyed in tier 4. Tier 5 was really easy again and in Tier 8 I barely got third place. I haven't reached the cup yet, but I'm expecting to do poorly again now in Tier 11 unless most people in my tier have quit playing, and then do pretty well again in Tier 12 or 13.

What do you mean, designed? You mean the ranking cups alternate in needing spotlight items and not?
What I meant is that someone that pays to get all the good items has an easier time scoring high in the ranking than someone who doesn't.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Do we think the week 1 spotlights are better than week 2? King Boo's bomb cannon looks bad if you're already in first.

Wait, aren't Halloween Rosalina and King Boo LM the spotlights for the entire tour meaning both weeks? Did I misunderstand something?
The last two tours only had 2 spotlight characters each as well. Pauline+Musican Mario and Kimono Peach+ Hakama Mario.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I got Halloween Rosalina and a load of normal duplicates. This week's Tier 13 cup will be rough without the necessary karts and gliders.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, aren't Halloween Rosalina and King Boo LM the spotlights for the entire tour meaning both weeks? Did I misunderstand something?
The last two tours only had 2 spotlight characters each as well. Pauline+Musican Mario and Kimono Peach+ Hakama Mario.
Rosalina is spotlight for week 1, Boo for week 2.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean, designed? You mean the ranking cups alternate in needing spotlight items and not?
What I meant is that someone that pays to get all the good items has an easier time scoring high in the ranking than someone who doesn't.
That's not quite what I meant, and you are correct in that if you pay, you're more likely to get a high score. What I meant by it being designed like that, well, let's think about it this way:
  1. Paying players (PPs) and non-paying players (NPPs) are all in the same pool
  2. PPs are more likely to rank high
  3. Because of this PPs will likely move up more tiers than the other players
  4. If an NPP does well, they're more likely to end in tiers with a larger percentage of PPs
  5. Because the PP% is higher, the NPP is likely going to do worse because the 2nd point is still true
  6. Because the NPP does worse, they'll likely move up less tiers
  7. Because the NPP moves up fewer tiers, the PP% is lower, i.e. they're more likely to be in a tier with more NPPs
  8. Because there are more NPPs and fewer PPs, doing well is easier again
  9. Because the NPP does better, they are likely to end up in a tier with a higher PP% again
  10. This cycle will keep repeating itself
The game's still pretty early in its life, but this seems logical to me and reflects my own experience with the rankings so far.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Rosalina is spotlight for week 1, Boo for week 2.

Alright, so I misunderstood the person I quoted. I thought they meant there were gonna be new spotlights in week 2.

That's not quite what I meant, and you are correct in that if you pay, you're more likely to get a high score. What I meant by it being designed like that, well, let's think about it this way:
  1. Paying players (PPs) and non-paying players (NPPs) are all in the same pool
  2. PPs are more likely to rank high
  3. Because of this PPs will likely move up more tiers than the other players
  4. If an NPP does well, they're more likely to end in tiers with a larger percentage of PPs
  5. Because the PP% is higher, the NPP is likely going to do worse because the 2nd point is still true
  6. Because the NPP does worse, they'll likely move up less tiers
  7. Because the NPP moves up fewer tiers, the PP% is lower, i.e. they're more likely to be in a tier with more NPPs
  8. Because there are more NPPs and fewer PPs, doing well is easier again
  9. Because the NPP does better, they are likely to end up in a tier with a higher PP% again
  10. This cycle will keep repeating itself
The game's still pretty early in its life, but this seems logical to me and reflects my own experience with the rankings so far.

Gotcha, that does make sense. Might be smart then to intentionally place 5th or so in a ranking to get put into a different rythm than PPs. They'd be going 1-4-7-10-13 while you cruise along in a 2-5-8-11 rythm. Or none of that matters and you get competetive players some of the time and non-participants the rest of the time.

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
FYI, if you don't have DK, you can use Mario (Musician) for the "Make Opponents Crash 10 Times in a Single Race w/ a Character Wearing a Tie" mission.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I made a 10x pull and I got mostly duplicates, just Baby Luigi and two new kart parts. I tried a second pull and it was good, Halloween Rosalina, the high-end bat glider and a duplicate Dry Bowser, I bought King Boo in the shop for only 3000 coins. My roster is pretty good for this week ranked cup with a 3-item character in every race. I'm confident about the next ranked cup having an spotlight character so I will wait to see if made another pull for LM King Boo would be worth...

Honestly, after a month playing I think the monetization is not that bad if you buy the Golden Pass, the shop helps a lot and the prices with coins are reasonable, the prices to buy rubies, on the other hand, are a bad joke, a really bad and greedy joke.

My second pull.

EHjRyJVX4AAdXjd.jpg:large

Last edited:

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just got 3 frenzies in one race.. hopefully im set for this weekly ranking with 24,034. I'm sure plenty of people here will overtake that

Got the vacuum car and DK with last pull and lakitu and wario with the one before that. Not had a purple in my last 4 or 5

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia

No of course they add Peachette as a gold pass reward. She was in my shop the other day but I was 2,000 coins short 😭

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got 1st place in my last tour with a 4k lead. :3

This one will be much harder. I'm in first right now with over 25k but see a couple other users also getting up early to plant some high scores.

I did two 10 pulls on the pipe. Got Luigi, but the high-end character pull I chanced was Dry Bowser... oof. At least I got King Boo (regular) from the shop.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
First place in my tier got put me over 90 rubies. It's not quite some of the absurdly good pulls that have been posted here already, but between the two I got the spotlight car, witch Rosalina, Luigi, and a couple other supers I didn't have. Pretty happy with that. Fingers crossed for LM King Boo next week!

I have to hope for that or for vanilla king boo to show up in the shop so I can do those "extended tongue" challenges. Yoshi doesn't count for those, does he?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw on Reddit someone say that you can use Yoshi for the extended tongue challenge. I haven't confirmed this personally though.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, they used the original King Boo design after all! That should make the people complaining about it happy.

Also great that the high end tour giveaways are stuff I don't have! (Peachette and Queen Bee)

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
TFW you get 2nd place but it still feels like 1st because you get 20 gems for being in a high tier

Just saw on Reddit someone say that you can use Yoshi for the extended tongue challenge. I haven't confirmed this personally though.

I expected as much, but it still seems like it'll be tough to get that Bob-omb challenge without LM King Boo.

yGpebm9.jpg

This is a bot post to trick me into using my rubies the first week and it WON'T WORK

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand how to do the "flatten 3 opponents" challenge. When I use lightning or a mega mushroom, then run into other karts, the aren't getting flattened. I've gotten 1/3, but have no idea how since I've hit karts in those conditions way more than that.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Gold pass gift rubies in one tour : 32
33 rubies in shop 20€
Yeah Gold pass is worth it, but I'll wait the last day of the tour to get it.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Some games like FE Heroes have multiple "pipes" to pull from that feature different characters. I hope Tour does something similar should the amount of content get too large.
It was like this in the beta. They kept both spotlight pipes active for the entire tour. If I'm remembering right, you could choose which pipe to fire.
Someone managed to squeak by into first by 150 points in the past hour but I manged to grind out a ~400 point lead again. Now I wait.
With about six hours left the hero in second place came within 14 points of me. Subsequently I pulled out a 10,501 on Mario Circuit to bring my lead back to over 1k which was good enough for first and I'm in Tier 13 now :-)
It's good to be king. Giving Peachette all those points tickets. Now for coin rush.
Just did that for Halloween Rosalina after getting Koopa Troopa to 600 for the 15 driver challenge.
yGpebm9.jpg

And I thought mine was good, ridiculous pull!

569Wlqx.png

I can die happy now :P

I've got almost two 10 pulls saved up on top of that. I might just wait for the next pipe if all goes well with this week's rankings. Gotta wait now for new characters like King Boo to show up in the shop hopefully.

For doing just F2P so far (along with the gold pass trial), I can't really complain. I've been able to place first in all four ranked cups and have a healthy roster so far. I won't mind re-subbing to gold pass if I feel the need. I can say I'm having a lot of fun.

Last edited:

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Someone's already gone past 25,000 on my leaderboard. I've got a bad feeling about this.
I've managed to hit 27k, which sounds a lot but DK on the Dino Dino Jungle with a big-banana-frenzy, and Morton with Kalamari Desert also getting the same. I think ikt's one of my favourites for a big combo. With luck and right ones from previous pulls I think it can be a decent scorer, and 2 out of 3 can be done without super-rare-whatever-its-called.

Oh and Ghost Valley is uhh yeah no not worth worrying about scoring for me, no 3 item ones so far.