• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
What's been really nice is that there's no true stamina barrier, so you can just keep playing over and over. Hope the trick versions of tracks and combo system show up in a future Mario Kart.

Also, feel free to add me: 4514 1562 8217 ^^

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've got 90 rubies just from playing the game, no pass, no purchases.

The negativity around the game is massively overblown. YES there are elements of gambling when you use the rubies to pull the pipe. This can be completely bypassed by using all your rubies to do a coin run then use those coins to buy exactly what you want in the in-game shop.

Rubies = Spin the wheel
Coins = Buy what you want in the shop

I think the driving, characters, animation and tracks are spot on and with the ongoing support and tours in this game I think I'll be sticking around for a while to come as a non-spending player.

I would like to see the Combo System in the Next Console Mario Kart for some kind of leaderboards, trying to keep up the Combo is a fun way to experience Mario Kart as a Veteran

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
I would like to see the Combo System in the Next Console Mario Kart for some kind of leaderboards, trying to keep up the Combo is a fun way to experience Mario Kart as a Veteran

Agreed. I actually switched between Mario Kart 8 DX and this yesterday over the course of a few hours. Outside of the 'hot new thing' that Mario Kart tour brings I was surprised I was having MORE fun playing tour than I was playing MK8DX online.

Admittedly it was mostly because I was getting hit around 5-9 times per race in Mk8DX (as a defensive driver - holding shells behind me) and I was really enjoying the Combo system in Mario Kart tour more. Which; unlike the constant barrage of shells coming your way in MK8; is totally within the boundaries of your control and not planted firmly in the realms of frustration.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Critics who went in early with their reviews with preconceptions accused it of being a shallow imitation of the console versions when in reality it introduces a whole new depth to Mario Kart. I'm learning new ways to improve every day.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Trick and Reverse tracks really should be part of future home console installments; they're both really neat in different ways.

The latter is actually a scrapped idea from Double Dash, so it's cool that they finally included it here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yeah the trick courses are really fun, especially if you have a 3x combo kart to race with. Imagine trick courses in MK9 with the antigravity mechanic, it would ramp things up in coyrse design.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The negativity around the game is massively overblown. YES there are elements of gambling when you use the rubies to pull the pipe. This can be completely bypassed by using all your rubies to do a coin run then use those coins to buy exactly what you want in the in-game shop.

Except the Store has at max 9 items, all of which I already have and need to wait another day to see if I get. Stop making excuses for this. There is no way to "buy exactly waht you want", because the game decides what you can spend coins on.

rael_fitxr

Jun 20, 2018
tip for when driver/kart/glider XP resets daily, don't play with any maxed out items
the XP is not saved for non-maxed out items, its just wasted

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The items I want to buy cost 12,000 for the characters and 10,000 for the other parts. There's no way to save up enough rubies for the amount of coins I need at the moment and not enough coins rewarded each day to get everything. Its pay up or pass and hope they show up again some day. Really, really shitty albeit tempting system in place.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
I gotta have to say that yeah the negative is a bit overblown. It's not hot garbarge like someone would say. (Though if you don't like the game then that's fine.) As it is, it's a pretty admirable attempt at making Mario kart on phone. (I did play another Mario Kart knock-off on mobile and I would say it argurbly control worse than this.) Monetization aside it's a pretty decent racing game. With the point system, R and T variation of tracks gave it an interesting single-player experience that would be nice to become the series standard.

And as a mobile game players. You could done a lot worse (Heck I didn't expect Tour to be this close to actual Mario Kart at first lol. I thought it would be some sort of top-down racing even.)

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I can get enough free Rubies to reach 45 again before the current banner ends. I can do about 4 single pulls with what I have. Think I should risk it, or save them for another time?

Murtio Foo

Jan 28, 2018
Depends really. Just getting Pauline is already a win from this banner. With it ending pretty soon, I'd suggest to use your rubies for the next one since there will be more than likely have a bigger focus on the new banner character for extra points in the next cup.

You can get different high-end character in the pull still, I got Metal Mario and New York Mario. I am only missing 3 characters now.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You can get different high-end character in the pull still, I got Metal Mario and New York Mario. I am only missing 3 characters now.
Oh of course. But they'll more than likely be available in the general pool even after this banner versus being specifically featured like Pauline was (hell, she might show up in the general pool as well after this, thus diluting the overall pull percentage, blah blah blah). That's just the coin you gotta flip with these gacha games.

EloNoolah

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I can get enough free Rubies to reach 45 again before the current banner ends. I can do about 4 single pulls with what I have. Think I should risk it, or save them for another time?
I'm in the same boat with 29 Rubies (enough to make 5). I already got Musician Mario from one of my earlier pulls so I'm thinking at least in my case it might be worth it to try now when I have a better chance at Pauline (who I'm still missing) than when Musician Mario becomes the spotlight?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'm in the same boat with 29 Rubies (enough to make 5). I already got Musician Mario from one of my earlier pulls so I'm thinking at least in my case it might be worth it to try now when I have a better chance at Pauline (who I'm still missing) than when Musician Mario becomes the spotlight?
Tbh I'd just save rubies for the next tour.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
I liked the beta but I'm really enjoying the full release. I've been able to get all of the stars each day (i.e. all cups which are open I have complete) but my pulls have not been as lucky as during the beta. I guess if I'm getting what I need it's not a problem for now but a few more drivers would definitely help.

As for the challenges I could really use a driver with a mustache but that goes back to my bad pulls. I also haven't sought out all of my friends yet so I only have the one added who I've talked with about the game since launch. I'll add the guys on here and share my ID too.
  • ResetERA name: jadedpony
  • Mario Kart Tour nickname: jadedpony
  • Friend ID: 4649 8294 9834

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing fairly interesting. But now you can access the shop from the main menu screen. And the shop has been arranged so the gacha pull come up before the Daily shop.

Although there's an update coming up (version 1.2) which will fix some technical issues in the game.
I wonder if there's any hidden data. 🕵️‍♂️

EloNoolah

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'd just save rubies for the next tour.
Also an option! Part of me feels like the "costumed" characters might be less likely to come back as often after their specific tours as "primary" characters like Pauline, and Musician Mario is "featured" on many of the same courses she is, so maybe I should just hold onto my rubies for whatever the next one is.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
EFuLJsPW4AEhxje

So it does look like Part 2 will still feature New York Minute. I wonder if the second New York track then will be used in a future New York tour.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Missing 2 tracks to 5 star in the Dry Bowser Cup due to not having Dry Bowser himself and Musician Mario. I don't even want to talk about the Metal Mario Cup lol.

thegodsend

Oct 26, 2017
14 Pulls, no Dry Bowser or Paulina but my very first Pull was Jazz Mario.

All cups perfected but three now.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you use a quick ticket to unlock those?

I'm wondering if cups are unlocked for everybody at the same time or if they're based on your progress
I used one before and it worked on every cup and cut it down a day.
Edit: wtf at the world rank scores...

Oct 26, 2017
Am I super lucky or just not understanding the odds right?

I just did the 45 gems for 10 items and got 3 Supers (Flame Flyer, Diddy Kong, and Mario) as well as Baby Mario, Baby Daisy, and Dry Bones.

Feels like I hit the jackpot on that one...

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
With CoD out today, I forgot that I downloaded this a week ago. Probably one of the worst conversions I've ever played of the franchise. Without multiplayer and terrible controls, I just don't see the point in playing more than a couple races tbh.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I super lucky or just not understanding the odds right?

I just did the 45 gems for 10 items and got 3 Supers (Flame Flyer, Diddy Kong, and Mario) as well as Baby Mario, Baby Daisy, and Dry Bones.

Feels like I hit the jackpot on that one...

That's pretty good! It's fun to get a lot of new stuff instead of hitting the duplicates.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
How many cups do you think they are going to add on part two? Or won't be new cups at all? 🤔

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
With CoD out today, I forgot that I downloaded this a week ago. Probably one of the worst conversions I've ever played of the franchise. Without multiplayer and terrible controls, I just don't see the point in playing more than a couple races tbh.
Well, read through the thread. We're already at 19 pages. There's a lot of us enjoying this.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This game becomes increasingly p2w with each cup. You just can't get the points required for 5 stars unless you get a frenzy or several good 2-item rolls. Forget it if you're racing with a 3rd tier character for that map.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
How many cups do you think they are going to add on part two? Or won't be new cups at all? 🤔

I'm really curious how they'll handle it. I'm kinda expecting the worst though so I'm pretty certain Musician Mario will take the spot light on the pipe pull, the car/glider combo will stay the same and we won't have any new content until the month it done. Many of us are already finished with everything but you have to figure the causal players are still plugging along. That new challenge board will open up granting the remaining Grand Stars to obtain to get all the reward boxes and that's it.