• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, I'm about to earn 45 rubies again, I already have Pauline. Should I wait until the second week of the tour to make a new 10x pull?

Oct 29, 2017
yeah I haven't gotten a single gold rush ticket and checking the remaining present boxes I will still not be getting a gold rush ticket.

I jsut finally spent 5 rubies to get the challenge over with, the card gives you 10 so you still get a net positive at least.

There are no ads

Wow, okay, this is win-win all around then. Thanks, installing it now :)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I'm about to earn 45 rubies again, I already have Pauline. Should I wait until the second week of the tour to make a new 10x pull?
Because of the pipe system, I'd just save them. I would rather risk 10 pulls of garbo on the next one, since at least that will remove 10 of them from the new pipe as I make my way towards Muscian Mario (or whatever you're after).
That's just me, though.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
There are pros and cons. Duplicates aren't a waste of rubies and the way they level up characters, karts and gliders can be valuable, I think.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Does Nintendo really make these names up for the players?

I saw "GayFat000" and something pretty close to the N-word..

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

If you really want Musician Mario then sure. If you're don't care about him and aren't having any trouble clearing most of the cups then maybe wait for the next tour though, since they'll probably add a bunch more characters/kart parts you'll want for the new courses.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I like the game a lot.

Gartooth

• ResetERA Username: Anteo
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: Anteo
  • Friend-Code: 9322-2179-3205
Re:pulling. Im thinking about pulling once more if i get to 45 rubies. I need a mario anyways and leveling up carts or characters is good. After that i will try to save for a long while if posible.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It seems pretty clear they're taking names from players. I have seen some pretty bad stuff, along with the traditional censor skirting for words like dickhead.
They're [ghost data] from other players, pulled from the servers as the race starts up.
Ever played an mobile/gacha game? most of them use the other players names for some stuff, and with it comes the usual name calling.
yeah that's what I was thinking, though I saw some people like "did Nintendo really make names up to fool people into thinking they're racing against others?!"

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Managed to finally hide my root and play the game.

Some impressions made me expect something bad but this is honestly the first time I ever enjoy a mobile game and first time my phone will be used as a gaming device.

Feel like this is going to do gangbusters

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
I'm probably going to drop this game after my free trial is over.

It's heavily designed on luck by getting two frenzy in a race to get all the stars in the later levels.

This is the first week of the game, I can't even Imagine what it's going to be like in two months from now lol

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Managed to finally hide my root and play the game.

Some impressions made me expect something bad but this is honestly the first time I ever enjoy a mobile game and first time my phone will be used as a gaming device.

Feel like this is going to do gangbusters

There's a lot of knee-jerk negativity about the game from many Era folk who haven't actually given the game a spin. They've heard about the Gold Pass and immediately deemed the game to be trash and Nintendo are scum.
But truth is, it's actually a good game.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
There's a lot of knee-jerk negativity about the game from many Era folk who haven't actually given the game a spin. They've heard about the Gold Pass and immediately deemed the game to be trash and Nintendo are scum.
Yeah. They'll come around when they cant avoid it anymore. Sadly that is what it takes

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Does Nintendo really make these names up for the players?

I saw "GayFat000" and something pretty close to the N-word..
They really need to add a report/block function. Yes, the "drivers" may be bots, but the names are not. This is a kids game, even though adults play it. In addition to names with offensive language, I've seen "TakingDrug" as a racer. It's not a good look, Nintendo.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

I've been playing A LOT (even spent $20) and would not call this a a good game, let alone a good Mario Kart. I've completed every cup and obtained every Grand Star besides some in the last 2 cups and the main driving factor to my completion has been that it's just something to do. If I had a choice of playing this and a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch I wouldn't even look at Tour anymore.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God it's so annoying when trying to steer a glide, and you throw your item. Happens all the time to me.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
It just occured to me that with this being a gacha game, Mona, Ashley, and Jimmy T. might finally get into a Mario Kart. Heck we might even see the return of DK Jr.

I do hope they go crazy with side characters from Yoshi, D.K and Wario universe. On my wild dreams we also get Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion.

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
Anyone had this:

I'm on Android, I bought the gold pass but it gave me an error during the checkout. Now it shows that I have the gold pass subscription in Google Play store, but in game the gold pass option is now gone. When I click the button, I get a error saying "already purchased on another device or your settings restrict purchasing".

I tried clicking the restore purchase button, it gives me nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing. Clicking restore purchases after reinstalling, nothing.

Any ideas?

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
Anyone had this:

I'm on Android, I bought the gold pass but it gave me an error during the checkout. Now it shows that I have the gold pass subscription in Google Play store, but in game the gold pass option is now gone. When I click the button, I get a error saying "already purchased on another device or your settings restrict purchasing".

I tried clicking the restore purchase button, it gives me nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing. Clicking restore purchases after reinstalling, nothing.

Any ideas?
Cancel the supscription on Google Play?

Anyway. Now I have quite a big decision to make. Since today is the last day for Pauline Spotlight. And I just got her from a random pull. Now I only have 26 rubies. Should I...
A) Go for the taxi cab since that's the only spotlight item I don't have. Since it was guarantee to get all three Soptlight items before you pull it 100 times.
B) Same as A. But reset the gacha pull first. So then I would have a chance to get other high-end stuffs. (There's only one high-end glider left for me)
C) Just save it for the next spotlight. Doing this will not get the taxt cab until it came up in other spotlight.

Any suggestion?

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Cancel the supscription on Google Play?

Anyway. Now I have quite a big decision to make. Since today is the last day for Pauline Spotlight. And I just got her from a random pull. Now I only have 26 rubies. Should I...
A) Go for the taxi cab since that's the only spotlight item I don't have. Since it was guarantee to get all three Soptlight items before you pull it 100 times.
B) Same as A. But reset the gacha pull first. So then I would have a chance to get other high-end stuffs. (There's only one high-end glider left for me)
C) Just save it for the next spotlight. Doing this will not get the taxt cab until it came up in other spotlight.

Any suggestion?

I thought the next spotlight would be the same just changing Pauline for Musician Mario...

Btw, what happen if you rest the gacha pull? Will you lost all the things you already earned? I'm new into this kind of mobile games ):

Edit: I just saw the next spotlight will be Musician Mario with the blue car and the bomb glider, sorry.

Heitzu

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've been enjoying this if anyone wants to add me
  • Resetera Username: Heitzu
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: Heitzu
  • Friend-Code: 5013-0884-3443

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
Btw, what happen if you rest the gacha pull? Will you lost all the things you already earned? I'm new into this kind of mobile games ):
It means all contents that were already pulled will be back. In this game, that mean you get a chance to pull another High-End since you can only get one per 100 pulls.

And no. You won't lose anything from doing it. That would be really mean, even by mobile games standard.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It means all contents that were already pulled will be back. In this game, that mean you get a chance to pull another High-End since you can only get one per 100 pulls.

And no. You won't lose anything from doing it. That would be really mean, even by mobile games standard.
Not entirely true: you can only get one high-end per category. If you pull a high-end driver, you can still get a glider, cart and of course the featured items.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017

Not entirely true: you can only get one high-end per category. If you pull a high-end driver, you can still get a glider, cart and of course the featured items.

Thank you guys, I think I got it now. Right now Pauline is my only High End character from the pipe, and my only featured item (I still need the taxi cab and glider), I got a high end car but any high end glider yet, so I think do another 10x pull before the banner ends would be the best to do right? Cause I have more possibilities (I'm at 75/100) to get the Taxi items and even a High End character right?

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you guys, I think I got it now. Right now Pauline is my only High End character from the pipe, and my only featured item (I still need the taxi cab and glider), I got a high end car but any high end glider yet, so I think do another 10x pull before the banner ends would be the best to do right? Cause I have more possibilities (I'm at 75/100) to get the Taxi items and even a High End character right?
Depends really. Just getting Pauline is already a win from this banner. With it ending pretty soon, I'd suggest to use your rubies for the next one since there will be more than likely have a bigger focus on the new banner character for extra points in the next cup.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Reached Mission Board 1-3, so many Rubys :D

I've got 90 rubies just from playing the game, no pass, no purchases.

The negativity around the game is massively overblown. YES there are elements of gambling when you use the rubies to pull the pipe. This can be completely bypassed by using all your rubies to do a coin run then use those coins to buy exactly what you want in the in-game shop.

Rubies = Spin the wheel
Coins = Buy what you want in the shop

I think the driving, characters, animation and tracks are spot on and with the ongoing support and tours in this game I think I'll be sticking around for a while to come as a non-spending player.