• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Here some advice when a new day starts:

-don't focus on doing new cups when available
- instead Level up your stuff to work for the bonus card rewards 1-2 till you reach the daily limit. After that do your cups
- Gold Pass User should play in 200 cc because this class earns you more exp after the races

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I got some losses and to my relief it seems you can't de-level from EXP loss; I hit 0.0%. Nice to be able to just farm EXP/gold by setting my phone down and repeatedly starting auto-drive matches.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Game is actually pretty great. Once they unlock the multiplayer and give you some more rubins this could be a great mobile kart racing game. Controls feel smooth too once you turn off the assist.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
For some reason, the Play Store doesn't allow me to download the game despite my device being able to run it.
Can anyone recommend a legit apk site? (asking for this is allowed here, right? It's not piracy)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, the Play Store doesn't allow me to download the game despite my device being able to run it.
Can anyone recommend a legit apk site? (asking for this is allowed here, right? It's not piracy)

Grab the Qoo-App app from here: https://www.qoo-app.com/en and install it, then from inside Qoo-App you can download and install Mario Kart Tour. Despite being very anime and asia-focused I've found it to be the best third-party app-store for games as it will also take care of updates.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I hate that I'm part of the problem, but this is damn enjoyable. I'm not going to sub +I'm not, I'm not, I'm not....), but it's a helluva thing to have MK on my mobile.

A helluva thing.b
"I'm enjoying this game, but I won't support it by purchasing anything."

Ehh...

I hate how mobile games have trained people to expect everything for free.

Nintendo tried all-in-one transactions with Mario Run and people didn't want that.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I do really appreciate the twists on these maps and the higher focus on points rather than finishing first only. I hope the next MK will take note on these and incorporate them somehow. Also happy some missions are back.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at the blatant luck-based 5 star point requirements for these last two cups, I think I've gotten a score over 10,000 on exactly one single track in the entire game so far. I'll settle for the 4 star ranks and see how far I can get with the rest of the tour gifts, plus Bowser showed up in my shop so I can finally get those two gold challenges that need him.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do I need to do for the "take out 3 pipes" challenge and what is the easiest way?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So, finished all cups that are in the game right now, last cup wants over 10000 points for all 5 stars, pretty crazy.
Hoped for a surprise Rainbow Road at the end, but nope, just variations of old tracks.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I eked out just enough grand stars to get the rubies for one more 10 pull and was rewarded with Pauline. WOOT

I've gone about as far as I can go with the cup stars, but assuming the second week of tour challenges is comparable to the first, I might be able to get all the tour gifts between those stars + daily challenge stars + star tickets.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
7000 points with a character with horns is the last challenge I have on these limited cards. That's proving more difficult than I anticipated.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
0d7ba66e-557f-43ab-8e8ojke.png

I already had Shy Guy...fuck this game

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018
Love the game. At first I was skeptical, but now can't seem to stop leveling my things up. Finished all the cups, trying to get all stars.

• ResetERA Username: neroxyr
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: neroxyr
  • Friend-Code: 4879 7398 7613

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easiest on Mario Circuit 1. Either aim a Bowser shell or use a mega mushroom to run them over.

Get off to a bad start, try to keep to the back of the pack and hope for the necessary items.

What a load of bullshit that challenge is. I just tried like 10 times and never got the big mushroom and only 2 bowser shells.

Even with the steering assists off, the auto steering can fuck you over while aiming and I can't even drive bad enough to be in the back of the pack because this game forces me to take over the opponents.

Trying this opened my eyes to all the smoke and mirrors even more. Mario Kart was always about boosting worse placed players and luck but this is getting out of hand.
I also thought the other drivers are real players and the missing multiplayer is for friends games but no one can be that bad that they still lose to me trying out to drive as bad as possible.

And the points system for stars is just another luck contest. What a bullshit game.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is fun and really frustrating at the same time. I always felt like no matter how crazy MK gets with the items, you can always end up pretty high as long as you're good. But this one just feels too chance based, 2 laps is too short to get yourself in first place again, especially in 150cc, CPU have never been this vicious before, they know all the shortcuts, they use slipstream perfectly while you're on shitty touch controls, and they know how to use their items on perfect moments. Coupled with the way you unlock cups and everything, it just ends up being frustrating. This game is obviously designed to suck the money out of you. Just wish these tracks were MK8DLC.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
So I guess when the dust settles and we all have a nice pool of the common characters, the 'meta' will be to save up 450 rubies and wait for a nice featured character to do 100 pulls for.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is fun and really frustrating at the same time. I always felt like no matter how crazy MK gets with the items, you can always end up pretty high as long as you're good. But this one just feels too chance based, 2 laps is too short to get yourself in first place again, especially in 150cc, CPU have never been this vicious before, they know all the shortcuts, they use slipstream perfectly while you're on shitty touch controls, and they know how to use their items on perfect moments. Coupled with the way you unlock cups and everything, it just ends up being frustrating. This game is obviously designed to suck the money out of you. Just wish these tracks were MK8DLC.

And winning means jack shit because the points matter and for that you need a good driver/cart/glider combo.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
And winning means jack shit because the points matter and for that you need a good driver/cart/glider combo.
To be fair i have everything 5 stars with the higher rarity character i have beeing peach and no ultra rare kart/glider (hopfully my last pull gave me 1 ultra rare glider and 2 karts)

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide which sucks more. The final grand stars in the tour being such hard bullshit to get, or them being the only thing for me to even do for the next 3 days until the current tour is over.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't decide which sucks more. The final grand stars in the tour being such hard bullshit to get, or them being the only thing for me to even do for the next 3 days until the current tour is over.
This tour is going for another full week, just the gacha will swap out Pauline for Musician Mario and we'll get the second page of challenges. Right?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get the 5th grand star in Diddy Kong cup's New York Minute. Got all the others, but that shit's brutal. Just gonna come back after I've leveled more.

I agree that it's hard to make a significant upsets due to the 2 lap structure especially in 150cc. If you get pushed to around 7th place or so at the beginning of the 2nd lap, it's very likely you're not making top 3. You have to rely on items due to the nature of the game, but often times the items you can manage to snag in that one lap aren't gonna be enough to cut through. I have shot from 8th to 1st before and it's really sick, but it feels very luck based in that regard, even more so than standard MK.

That's probably what they're thinking the point of having gliders that boost your ability to get bullet bills and such are for though, which is eh.

All this is offset a bit though by the combo system, which at least makes you feel like you're accomplishing stuff even in the back of the pack. I've finished like 6th before and finally got the 5th grand star I needed just cause I combo'd my face off. Love that system. Hope it becomes standard.

Last edited:

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
How can you get them ?

That person is technically correct

You can't purchase the ticket directly

However, it is behind a paywall

You need the gold pass, it's one of the rewards you get from the rewards boxes.

Edit: As of right now, you can get a quick ticket through the shop(if it appears) for 1,000 coins and you can get one for completing the tour challenge

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This tour is going for another full week, just the gacha will swap out Pauline for Musician Mario and we'll get the second page of challenges. Right?

I'm not sure myself, although it would really suck to have this current set for another week and a half. lol

The shell cup leaderboards give their payout once we hit Wednesday and the Pauline event ends. It could be that leaderboards just switch to a different cup in the current set, but I assumed we would get a full new list of cups once week 1 is over and we hit week 2 of New York.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
I think I'll indulge on the 5 buck gold pass. I'm actually enjoying this more than expected and it scratches that itch for Mario Kart 9(10). May as well enjoy those 44 days of 200cc lol.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really worth running 200cc over 150cc? The final challenge was nearly impossible for me on 200cc, but I cleared it in 3 tries on 150cc.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
That person is technically correct

You can't purchase the ticket directly

However, it is behind a paywall

You need the gold pass, it's one of the rewards you get from the rewards boxes.

There's actually 3 tickets obtainable, 2 behind gold pass and 1 behind making all weekly challenges, when they reset after the end of the week there will be another one probably
So on each cup, 4 tickets are obtainable, 2 with the pass and 2 by playing

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Turned off auto item throw, and it's really comin together now. Was afraid to turn it off as throwing items can be a little though with drift only steering, but I've gotten the hang of it now and being able to hold items you need is making the whole system feel less random.

I do wonder how that works with Frenzy though. Like if you decide to keep 2 shells, will it make it easier to get a 3rd for Frenzy?

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
How does a mobile game have more characters and almost as many tracks at launch than the full blown game on console!!