• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird to have this level of secrecy for a game that's demoing soon. I'm guessing there'll be an infodump right before the beta? Or, at least, after it launches...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Awww man, it's only Android. Still, I guess the game will be coming out soon.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
If only we could get gameplay for a game that is having a beta in a month

Then again Pocket Camp got announced then immediately released in Australia

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also Nintendo account must use Gmail for email. I have Yahoo mail attached to my Nintendo account :/

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh finally, let's go!!

iOS users get everything first so this is surprising.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Signed up. Probably only Android due to the variety of different phones available. Much easier to test Apple devices internally since it's a closed ecosystem.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up! I expect this will probably get talked about at the earnings briefing.

It's not a surprise, but it looks like microtransactions are confirmed.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I just want it to be an actual game, and not a gacha machine. I realized I wasn't having fun with Fire Emblem Heroes and Dragalia because they never felt like an actual game to me, just a means to an end for more gacha. Fire Emblem's maps were always either "You have the units to beat it or you don't" and almost never about outplaying the AI.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Annoying that you have to turn on ALL "promotional" emails in your My.Nintendo account in order to get the alert that you've been selected for this beta. Crap move, Nintendo. This stupid hoop, plus the restriction to gmail.com addresses, seem so dumb in a world where pre-registration on Google Play is a thing.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
plus the restriction to gmail.com addresses, seem so dumb in a world where pre-registration on Google Play is a thing.

Actually you don't need a gmail.com email. It's easy to explain it that way, but what you need is your email address of your Nintendo Account to be the same registered to your Google Account. You can use any email with Google, not only gmail.com addresses. And the reason is that they are sending Google Play invitations to Google Accounts linked with the email you currently have on your Nintendo Account.

So you could just add your current Nintendo Account email to your existing Google account.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I know this is just a beta, but I really hope they don't do the stupid staggered release, ala Dragalia Lost.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Actually you don't need a gmail.com email. It's easy to explain it that way, but what you need is your email address of your Nintendo Account to be the same registered to your Google Account. You can use any email with Google, not only gmail.com addresses. And the reason is that they are sending Google Play invitations to Google Accounts linked with the email you currently have on your Nintendo Account.

So you could just add your current Nintendo Account email to your existing Google account.
So in other words, if your Google account uses the same email as your Nintendo account, then you're good?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up. Now watch me not get in after spending all that time messing with my rarely-used Gmail account.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe they're beta testing on android and preventing sharing to simply test how it performs on a variety of android devices. I'd love to see what they've got cooking for this but the brand, beta test and secrecy make me suspicious that this ain't your dads mario kart.