• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Haven't actually watched footage of this game but it looks super cool and unique. I really wanna try it now

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think this might be the one time I would have more fun watching people play it and probably build ridiculous custom courses than actually doing it myself. lol

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think this is worthless but im an adult ass sad man, so it matters not. It reviewed way higher than expected. Still, im in it for the memes.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
It's neat, but the gameplay can't possibly be as fun as the fictional loop de loop drifting action of the video game.

I think they should have just made a series of rc cars. No switch involved. Just race in real life.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I GOT AN IDEA

For us people in predominantly carpeted homes, Nintendo should release an "off-roading" model with heavy-duty carpet-conquering treads

i6j5d.png

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
My preorder from Amazon arrived tonight, but wouldn't you know it; I can't do shit with it. The Switch client download required to play isn't on the eShop yet. Well played, Nintendo. Well played.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Still such a rad idea

I really hope they iterate on it. How cool would it be to escalate to 16 players support and host RC racing leagues in the community

After school club circuits for kids?

They need to keep pushing live action mario kart

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hope I can get my hands on both Mario and Luigi in time for Christmas. Looks like it'll be incredibly fun to play with my nieces. I fear this thing is gonna be sold out for quite some time.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The client is up for download on the eShop now.

I just took the kart for a spin... Immediately charming, I had a huge smile on my face. I've only done the kart pairing and "license test." I haven't set up the gates or laid out a course just yet, it's already past my bedtime.

If there's one thing it's amazing at, it's showing you how much you need to clean the floors. One spin around my game room and the tire treads were covered with a slight layer of dust. I think I better mop tomorrow before I go any further. lol

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
The whole concept of this is so fascinating.
Kudos to Nintendo for trying something so out there.

Side note: Are there any measures in place to prevent X rated content on the courses?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
$100 for this just isn't really possible for me right now between Quest 2, PS5 and Series X stuff but based on some of these reviews, I expect that this will go the way of Labo and start seeing price cuts in a few months so it may be worth jumping in then just to wreak some havoc around my dog.

I really think that there's a lot of money making potential in releasing additional hazards, karts and characters, I just don't see this having a ton of longevity when the signal of the karts is so questionable and the track potential is so limited.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
AFAIK the game blocks screenshots and video recording, and has no online functionality at all.

Not sure what this question even means.
Ah that's a shame.

But people could easily have used this as a remote camera recording device. Stick the Kart unsuspectingly in somebody's bedroom, maybe on a shelf somewhere. Use the camera to record/screenshot their movements, with Nintendo's Mario Kart gameplay overlaid on the footage.

You'd still be able to do that and watch it live, but not record or take screenshots.

Oct 27, 2017
Woke up early to find one. Luigi success from Walmart! Got it for 90 from walmart. Struck out at a meijer before that.

Doesn't seem overly popular in my area. No one else at either store, and at Walmart I had to wait 35 mins for the manager with the key, no one else looking. No one at meijer had heard of it their website had no mention of it. Hopefully some scalpers get burned.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Alright so I got mine, Mario version. Very easy to set up and create your driving licence.

Created one course around my front room. Theres a drift button and a hop button, but the physical Kart doesn't hop or drift.

It's phenomenal exploring your house with the view from the camera on the kart. You pretty much see your house from a cat's perspective.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Just got super lucky and snagged the last one at the nearest Walmart to me. Woo! If it doesn't work at my house with carpet I'm sure my niece will love this as a Christmas gift.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Just got super lucky and snagged the last one at the nearest Walmart to me. Woo! If it doesn't work at my house with carpet I'm sure my niece will love this as a Christmas gift.
I'm using carpet. It's not a full pile rug, but works fine on the carpet I have. The speed increases through the speed classes and mushroom boosts are noticeable. I didn't even consider it before purchase.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Think this would work on berber carpet? Would love to race in my living room as well as my hardwood kitchen.