• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I would let Ring Fit Adventure slide since it is the closest to an actual game but Labo and this are more digital toys than videogames and therefore I find it kinda silly to judge them like ones.

Games are just tools for escapism and enjoyment. They can be judged on those merits. How well they perform technically and how much fun you had playing with it, as well as music, animations, and design can all be critiqued still.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Looks so cool

Is that results screen music brand new?

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Seriously, this is worth knocking through a few walls to get it around the whole house.

I take it there's a max length of the track though?

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'm already plotting in my head about how I want to make a track around my game room. The first floor of our house is relatively open - just a stairway in the center - so I will definitely be trying a track up there too.

Does it store replays in any shape or form? Or can you only grab 30 second clips using the Switch's regular capture button?

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
We have basically carpet or tile in my house. No smooth wood or faux wood floors. Kinda concerned about how those surfaces will affect it.

brightsons

Oct 25, 2017
Will this work on carpet?
The majority of my house is carpet but I do have hardwoods in the kitchen.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I just want to know if ANY elevation is possible, even a really gentle one, to make a small jump somewhere.

What about using a really grippy surface like sandpaper for the ramps? Also, would incorporating a moving treadmill work?

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to know if ANY elevation is possible, even a really gentle one, to make a small jump somewhere.

What about using a really grippy surface like sandpaper for the ramps? Also, would incorporating a moving treadmill work?

Haha yes! I've got all these ideas too but still no pre-order.

We need a slope incline test so I can start calculating lol.

Starting on something like a coffee table with a ramp down, then moving the first gate to the floor for subsequent laps should/could maybe(?) work.

Treadmill is definitely gonna work if we can ramp up to it.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
This looks really bad and gimicky, like you would play it for ten minutes and want to stop. I'm pretty sure just watching some footage made me motion sick too.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a really expensive way of getting a Mario Kart game that handles badly and needs charging and setting up.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
$100 for one Kart kinda sucks since there's no local multiplayer. I think $120-150 for a 2-pack would've been a good compromise.