• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Two new videos this morning!

The first is a video review of Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit!

The other is a compilation of my cat, that absolutely hated it, trying to mess with it.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My son and I are very excited for this, and glad to see positive impressions. I'd really love to be able to preorder one, but I suppose Target is just a 5 minute drive.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I desperately want to mess with this but don't think it'd fly at home if I came home with one.

The concept is absolutely the coolest thing ever though and 8 year old ghostcrew would've gone bananas for this.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
This is sold out on Amazon but managed to get a preorder in. You think it's worth keep at $100 or wait for a restock+price drop?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Two new videos this morning!

The first is a video review of Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit!

The other is a compilation of my cat, that absolutely hated it, trying to mess with it.

Enjoyed this review a lot! Although I did start to feel a little queesy towards the end because of the stop-start nature of the car and watching that from a wide angle camera attached to it. Did you find any of that while playing?

GreatBriTom

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed this review a lot! Although I did start to feel a little queesy towards the end because of the stop-start nature of the car and watching that from a wide angle camera attached to it. Did you find any of that while playing?

I don't feel quesy. Only frustrated ahha. I wanted to show what a single full race was like.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I think they'd have been better off funding Mario Kart Maker than this. It would have reached a far wider audience.

This just feels very nche.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel quesy. Only frustrated ahha. I wanted to show what a single full race was like.

The footage was great and I liked that you tried it in different locations! I was wondering if the amount of light would affect the quality of video/the consistency of the AR so I'm glad to see you try it outside.

Very tempted to grab this for my nephews purely so I can play it myself.

Hummel003

Mar 23, 2020
the fact that you have to stay within 5m from your switch is a weird one. My living space is at least 10m long, so i cant use my whole space for this?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Exercise and AR is going to be absolutely enormous once someone figures it out.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Really cool and I kind of want to get for my kids. But getting two of these is really going to be expensive.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Does this play fine on carpets? I'm mulling trying to pick this up for my cousin's kids for Christmas, but their place is entirely carpeted.

Review I just watched said it ran fine on a rug (even going between a hard floor and rug) but you'd want to be careful that the rug was flat as it could struggle over bunched up sections. I reckon it'd be fine unless the carpet was incredibly deep.

GreatBriTom

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
the fact that you have to stay within 5m from your switch is a weird one. My living space is at least 10m long, so i cant use my whole space for this?

You can, but yeah, once it gets far enough away the signal starts to get a little wonky. I think it's cus the wifi chip in the Switch sucks shit. Maybe on the Pro model it'll be better.

GreatBriTom

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Review I just watched said it ran fine on a rug (even going between a hard floor and rug) but you'd want to be careful that the rug was flat as it could struggle over bunched up sections. I reckon it'd be fine unless the carpet was incredibly deep.

Yeah, Nintendo when we did our preview said that you only have to worry about shag carpets.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This is a very nice concept that hopefully will be explored further in the future and with a smaller kart heh. I'm not getting the game (because I have no children and I know I'd probably use this for a week then forget about it), but I really like seeing this kind of stuff.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It would be cool if my order wasn't cancelled for this game every time I'm able to place one.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I haven't looked at the reviews but is there any info on the battery for the vehicles? How are they charged and how long do they last?

Oct 27, 2017
What are the wheels made out of? What cc were you in when doing the ramps?

I knew the track wouldn't pick up height very well but didn't expect the kart to be incapable of going up inclines. Hoping I can find one anywhere that doesn't involve helping a scalper financially so I can test and experiment myself!

It would be cool if my order wasn't cancelled for this game every time I'm able to place one.

And this. I've had 3 pre-orders cancelled. No alerts from Amazon despite signing up for it. Any scalpers here should feel bad.

Last edited:

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I feel like I'd play it once or twice then never touch it again, the novelty wearing off fast.

GreatBriTom

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
What are the wheels made out of? What cc were you in when doing the ramps?

I knew the track wouldn't pick up height very well but didn't expect the kart to be incapable of going up inclines. Hoping I can find one anywhere that doesn't involve helping a scalper financially so I can test and experiment myself!

I tried on 150cc.