• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Yeah! Actually, it seems that Nintendo doesn't even allow you to take screenshots while running the app!
Nintendo probably being too cautious. But having videos of real tracks would be such huge word of mouth it's really a shame it's so restricted. I would love to see more videos like this.

The privacy implications of the game being portrayed as a spy camera in mainstream media šŸ˜³

Exactly. Privacy implications with Mario's graphics laid over the top. Nintendo are certainly not gonna have that.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I decided to do a quick check of my kart's wheels, and found that one of the front ones had a bunch of hairs wrapped around where the axle connects to the wheel. I tried to pull them out with some regular tweezers, but couldn't quite get in there to pull them all out. I ordered a set of micro-tweezers from Amazon that I hope will do the trick.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
We tied a string to the kart and ended up playing a game of cat and mouse with our 2 cats. Races became a lot more interesting when our kart was randomly stopped due to a cat catching it.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
This Yoshi Circuit recreation I saw is fantastic! Seriously, this game has so much potential. I'm excited to see more!

jim2011

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a bit tired of putting books/things on the gates, does anyone have any suggested weights I could buy instead?

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Is anyone else having major local wireless issues? I'm like maybe 10 feet max away and the video is so choppy.

I started playing right out of the box and the battery was rather lowā€”could this be affecting the local WiFi?

Also, yes, I can confirm that the wheels pick up a lot of dust but they're very easy to clean.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Is anyone else having major local wireless issues? I'm like maybe 10 feet max away and the video is so choppy.

I started playing right out of the box and the battery was rather lowā€”could this be affecting the local WiFi?

Also, yes, I can confirm that the wheels pick up a lot of dust but they're very easy to clean.
The Kart needs a direct line of sight to your Switch. Avoid obstacles being in between your Switch and the Kart, or use Handheld mode.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this, I was thinking about copying the gates at work but this make it much easier. Do you know if the height of the banner matters? Or could I attach these to lets say a chair to use as a gate (having a different height)?

Haven't had a chance to test these yet, but I think as long as it is higher than the kart and is still visible on approach you should be ok.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this, I was thinking about copying the gates at work but this make it much easier. Do you know if the height of the banner matters? Or could I attach these to lets say a chair to use as a gate (having a different height)?

I've had a few inch difference work. But remember gates often have items or boosts, and that could get wonky.

I wish you could add more checkpoints, but thanks for the official arrow link! (Oh, quick fact on arrows, the game can only light up 2 at a time, and can only rotate them about 1 axis (they will always look 'head on'), but can display them at angles up to ~30Ā° for ramp makers.)

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Been playing at the office with a couple coworkers. During the lunch break our floor becomes a giant race track with the karts going under the desks and whatnot. People definitely getting a kick out of it.
The floor is carpet so the speed is slightly slower than on flooring, but it's still fun and it lets us maneuver through some of the empty chairs and obstacles around (since we got back to work at the office, each floor is half empty so lots of chairs just sitting around).

Tomorrow it will be four of us racing, so let's see how that goes.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I decided to do a quick check of my kart's wheels, and found that one of the front ones had a bunch of hairs wrapped around where the axle connects to the wheel. I tried to pull them out with some regular tweezers, but couldn't quite get in there to pull them all out. I ordered a set of micro-tweezers from Amazon that I hope will do the trick.

I've had that get so bad on some of my son's toy cars I've used a scalpel to cut through the hair because it has wrapped so tightly it was impossible to remove.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I've had a few inch difference work. But remember gates often have items or boosts, and that could get wonky.

I wish you could add more checkpoints, but thanks for the official arrow link! (Oh, quick fact on arrows, the game can only light up 2 at a time, and can only rotate them about 1 axis (they will always look 'head on'), but can display them at angles up to ~30Ā° for ramp makers.)
I was reading up earlier on additional gates (not possible), but the Nintendo page says 8 arrows can be displayed at once:
Nintendo said:

Oct 27, 2017
I was reading up earlier on additional gates (not possible), but the Nintendo page says 8 arrows can be displayed at once:

Very curious, this was not my experience but ill test more. Maybe I had them too close, or maybe I had a gate on screen and that impacts the max?

Either way I appreciate the info and will try to figure out what my issue was so I can pass it along.

I wanted a wall of arrows and only 2 could highlight at the same time. I admit I didn't test much more because it seemed pretty obvious so I'm really excited to see if I can find out why!

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
xtM5DnO.jpg

Starts floor, up 24 inches to shelves (out of frame), jump over gap in shelves, bridge across to couch, ramp down through a cutout In a box (momentum forces the cardboard doors open) then through a reflective tunnel lined with reflective black glass on ground, LEDs on tunnel ceiling, and aluminum foil on walls and ceiling. Finish with a basic loop with shortcut under chair.

The track was hard but super fun. The jump is on the shelves, right before the hairpin turn onto a super narrow bridge and I really want to find the clip where I nailed it.

EDIT: Here's a gif of the clip I was talking about.

So fucking dope.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else find price complaining as annoying as platform begging or is it just me?

Yes, it would be better for gift giving if it was $15 and came with a switch. But thats not what it costs lol.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Weird question but since the game is a free download... you don't get any gold coins when you buy it? I bought both the Mario and Luigi packs and that's kind of wild if so. Haven't had a chance to unbox / setup to see if there's some sort of code included.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Seeing as how the app to play is free, I wonder how long until somebody figures out a way to spoof this over the internet so you can play their kart over the internet?

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I tried using chairs as gates but it's not really ideal. You have get the printed gate signs to go quite low because otherwise the AR markers are too high for the camera to register passing the gate. It registers the gate from a bit further away with no problems, but as you get close it's just too high and ends up out of frame too early when passing. This can be adjusted of course, I ended up using scotch tape to get it low enough into the frame of the chair. The bigger problem is that there are 4 feet to the chairs, and you often end up crashing into the later feet of a chair in the midst of a heated race. With enough space you could surley get tracks that just go straight all the way under a chair, but with my setup I couldn't get it to work in a way that had me not constantly hit the legs of the chairs.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Just received the game today. It rocks! Made a track on my main floor and my basement. Also tried outside, but our street is too bumpy.

The sense of speed on screen versus the actual speed of the cart is amazing. Kids are loving it, obviously. My son wants a switch mini and the Luigi cart for xmas. We'll see.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Available to buy on amazon right now

I was just in here looking for any hints of restocking and got a wario notification lol

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Man this really shows how terrible the wi-fi chip in both the kart and the switch are. The game is super fun and when it works it feels like magic, but trying to play docked means I have to restrain my course making to a really small area, which is just lame. It works great handheld though.

I have actually managed to come up with some pretty cool permutations on races just by flipping gates around and adding in some loops. The AI in this game is insanely busted though as they can clip through obstacles :P

*home is carpeted

welp

I have wall to wall medium pile carpet and the game works great on my floors.

Oct 27, 2017
Called this one Kitchen Skyline (4 clips)

The footage isn't great but honestly the fun of this one was designing and setting up. Was super tired and leaving it up another day wasn't an option so some of the transitions stayed a bit rough lol.

The banked corner, paper bridges and the yoga mat dismount ramp are all things I liked, worked well, and may use again.

The final ground bit around the island and back to start didnt get recorded but just involved dodging groceries mainly.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Weird question but since the game is a free download... you don't get any gold coins when you buy it? I bought both the Mario and Luigi packs and that's kind of wild if so. Haven't had a chance to unbox / setup to see if there's some sort of code included.
I'm wondering the same. I bought both Mario and Luigi and see no opportunity for gold coins.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Hello,
I've been playing for a couple of days now and I discovered that my left front wheel is all clogged up with hair already. I removed the rubber tire but I still can't get proper access to remove the hair.
(wooden floor and freshly vacuumed, still these problems after just a few hours)

Is there a way to remove the entire tire to clean it properly? or how am I going to get this shit out of there again?
The cart still drives seemingly normal, but the left front wheel barely spins.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Hello,
I've been playing for a couple of days now and I discovered that my left front wheel is all clogged up with hair already. I removed the rubber tire but I still can't get proper access to remove the hair.
(wooden floor and freshly vacuumed, still these problems after just a few hours)

Is there a way to remove the entire tire to clean it properly? or how am I going to get this shit out of there again?
The cart still drives seemingly normal, but the left front wheel barely spins.
Sounds like you should buy a Roomba kart next :)

Not kidding I have wood floors and a Roomba.
I've removed hair like that carefully with a lighter hair burns off fast without damage.