• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hummel003

Mar 23, 2020
A friend of mine already got his hands on this game. Might be cool if people could show their tracks here with cool decorations. I would like to see a review of this before i would buy it. I also hope they will release new characters in the future. Would love to play as toad or bowser.
Anyone else have it already?

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
Do you get a code in the box to download the game from the Nintendo eShop, then? I wasn't sure whether it was a free download that was being generally made available on Friday or not (although that would probably confuse people who haven't bought the kart).

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Do you get a code in the box to download the game from the Nintendo eShop, then? I wasn't sure whether it was a free download that was being generally made available on Friday or not (although that would probably confuse people who haven't bought the kart).
I think it doesn't have a code.
You can just download the free app from the eShop.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
You think anyone can download this game without owning the karts? I dont think so

You absolutely can. It doesn't do anything without the karts, so it's just a free download on the eShop.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ni...-Kart-Live-Home-Circuit-1832413.html#Overview
The Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit software will be available as a free download from Nintendo eShop and from this website from 16/10/2020.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It's a free download in the eshop available to all.
So I guess they made it available to all already instead of giving access only to journalists.

Edit
It's not available yet so guess only the people who got it have some kind of access to it.
www.nintendo.co.uk

Ready, set-up, go!

Turn your home into a race track with Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit for Nintendo Switch!

They could have done the same thing with Ring Fit adventure but noooo they had to make us switch carts.

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Two new videos this morning!

The first is a video review of Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit!

The other is a compilation of my cat, that absolutely hated it, trying to mess with it.

Steve

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'd love it if you could take a look at my review of Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit on GX! Here it is! (The game''s really cool, but it's the tech that really got me)

www.youtube.com

Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - REVIEW

Is Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit as fun as it looks or should you wait for Mario Kart 9? Find out our review that covers the magical technology, gameplay, tr...

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Apart from the difficulty/inability to go up ramps, this seems pretty close to the modest expectations, based on these reviews, which is pretty good, I think. I think younger people and/or more creative-minded people will appreciate it. After all, one's imagination is always going to be the best augmenter of reality.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any indication on when these will be more widely preorder-able? It seems like they've only popped up on some sites for very short windows, and I don't think they've ever been available to order at Best Buy, full stop.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wonder how the modding scene on the karts will be, assuming it's viable.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
What a shame that the Karts don't even have enough oomph to climb a reasonable incline, and the resulting complications in the rare cases that they do.

I mean, I bet that was a deliberate design decision, nobody wants to read about little Jimmy knocking out his daddy's front teeth by means of high velocity low orbit insertion of remotely controlled Karts... but still. Takes away quite a few track design possibilities.

Still amazed that they even released this.

Also, look at that cat go, haha. Poor bugger. Well, still better than having it randomly ninjia the Kart from a sneaky spot. Although the cat might disagree...