• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I like the reactions I got out of lying, Salvapot didn't panic at all, nin did for a very brief moment seemed like he panicked. Maybe scum chat told him afterwards that it's bullshit? Could be nothing. Sorian and Muffin I didn't like as well, Sorian acted weird with that fake counter claim that alone would be fine but he also wanted to test the loved part? But I thought he didn't believe, Muffin also came in and didn't give anything of substance. Chugg also kind of weird reaction, and like Terra said Bear's reaction I didn't love either. After this I like more Fireblend and Monkey tbh.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Let's look at it from a different perspective.

Can someone explain why we shouldn't lunch Genoforce?
Personally I'm not too big a fan of lunching someone based on mechanics. I think mechanics can play a part in lunching someone, but I think the bulk of a case should involve actual reads. I feel like the Genoforce lunch has too much of the former and not enough of the latter.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
There's no way that Genoforce's claim is true. I could maybe conceive of them having a D1 cop shot, but choosing to use it in the first hour or so of the day, basically just based on memes, then revealing it in the most untrustworthy way possible? Would not happen.

That claim, and Sorian's hints, could be jokes, but at this point people have been obsessing over both claims enough that the refusal to clarify can't really be a joke. Either it's real, or it's fake, or it's "to gauge reactions".

I don't approve of testing the loved claim. It's not really a "test" it's a voting out. Basically tuboing early on D1 when we have a lot to discuss and work through. Bad idea.

I already heard your voice hawthorn with that fire cover, so it's mixed in with lisa, but softer.

jman gets a frantic, angry milhouse voice, lol.

Love it!

How would you acclimate jman into mafia? I can imagine him twitching and going "This is too much pressure!"

Some stuff he said in the last couple games. This is also a waaaaay different game.

Anyway, re all the above: all that said - yeah, I can see Geno weaponizing silence. Like that's something I can believe. But there's a whole lot of phase left and right now people are just going off in all kind of what-if directions. I don't love it. I'll just go back to my soup.

Maybe it's not in my interests to say this, but Jman was pretty good as mafia.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Geno wasn't serious guys. He was just fishing with reactions and I spouted some random shit to continue the act. We're neither loved nor cop, not even close in fact.

Y'all really fall for the same trick every time. You hate to see it 😂

What is there to test if you've already cop scanned us hm?

Why was this even posed as a question? You two should know the answer more than anyone.

This is something you legitimately believe myself or Geno would fakeclaim as scum in the first few minutes of day one? Or is this a joke too?

I know you're scum already, just need to test that loved claim. Easy

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so Geno is lying just to mess around and I guess gauge reactions? Sorian is lying because he likes to roll with things and figured it would also be interesting to counter claim and see what effects that had on the game.

In other words, they are both lying.

Easy.

Anyway, I'm off to eat now, and then I'll be busy this evening with some things, but I'll be back later tonight.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you have to put it out there that Muffian checked them?

Why don't you just follow the thread of testing the loved claim?

Thirdly, with the way you have it set up Muffian would have to admit to being a cop for 1 to work.
Honestly? From the start I believed both were joking, then Sorian kept going for the lolz, with muffin supporting.

But since we were entertaining the idea, I knew Geno was lying, so either Geno was joking or putting himself at risk to get me voted out, so the obvious answer is joking.

And from there, well Sorian could be joking too, but "testing" a loved claim and convincing town to go along and then doubling down on it meant, assumig they are serious, that Sorian either saw an opportunity to (As scum) get rid of town or at least heavily shade genoforce, or (As town) use their actual one shot cop on Genoforce and, hey, they actually got a red check. But then they'll have to out themselves as cops, so really is kind of a softball there.

Testing the loved claim is a silly idea because before we get there, if its a lie, genoforce will backtrack it, and if its true, its NAI. And if we didn't give genoforce time to backtrack, then they'll just be lunched for, well, nothing.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know you're scum already, just need to test that loved claim. Easy
Who cares about a test at that point lol

So you fucked around and maybe got our real cop to out themselves
1. If a legitimate cop counterclaimed that immediately on day one, then they should question their own behavior before you question Geno's.

2. This doesn't make sense because Sorian still claimed to scan us as scum. Either he's not cop or he's cop lying about his scan, so there's no one to "out" after Geno or I come out with the truth. Weird post.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Yes we probably don't have two cops in what is essentially a 15 player game. Again, this is opening yourself up to a counterclaim if you're town.
I can understand being counter claimed by the real Mario and Luigi, that'd be a valid argument, but say 2 shot night cop and a 1 shot day cop COULD coexist. You know no cop counter claims us there.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
This is something you legitimately believe myself or Geno would fakeclaim as scum in the first few minutes of day one? Or is this a joke too?

I completely believe you would fake claim as scum.

I think you did and got owned spectacularly.

Let me ask you this. You would fake claim as town but not as scum? Why do it in one instance but not the other?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

1. If a legitimate cop counterclaimed that immediately on day one, then they should question their own behavior before you question Geno's.

2. This doesn't make sense because Sorian still claimed to scan us as scum. Either he's not cop or he's cop lying about his scan, so there's no one to "out" after Geno or I come out with the truth. Weird post.

Sorian is claiming a one shot day cop. The correct play is to give the info as soon as you get it. What point is there in holding it.

Muffian did their job. One shot, one red.

Oct 25, 2017

No I'm going to question the behavior of the people fake claiming cop on day some more.

When did Sorian claim to scan you as scum?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Loved red check is a neutral, duh

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I completely believe you would fake claim as scum.

I think you did and got owned spectacularly.

Let me ask you this. You would fake claim as town but not as scum? Why do it in one instance but not the other?
I can't speak for Geno, but nah I wouldn't want that much heat in the first hour of the game starting. I didn't do it here either, I just went along with Geno's act.

Sorian is claiming a one shot day cop. The correct play is to give the info as soon as you get it. What point is there in holding it.

Muffian did their job. One shot, one red.
Even by that logic he did hold it considering he didn't come forward until the very moment Geno made the claim. And as I said already, obviously I know he has to be lying because I know I'm town.

No I'm going to question the behavior of the people fake claiming cop on day some more.

When did Sorian claim to scan you as scum?
Muffin and I day checked Terra and Geno already, easy, they're scum.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you believe Sorian when he counter claimed us? If not why aren't they getting heat for potentially outing the real cop? You are taking his side in the whole "Let's test the loved claim".

Yes because he's not claiming loved. You were and that's something that can be tested.

I also don't think this is a scum play by you two. I just think it's a bad play. I'm going to ignore this now and try to actually scum hunt.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Yes because he's not claiming loved. You were and that's something that can be tested.

I also don't think this is a scum play by you two. I just think it's a bad play. I'm going to ignore this now and try to actually scum hunt.
Ok, so you didn't think we were scum, then why test it? What's the point, we're town are we not? Feel free to ignore this.

This too
Vote: TheChuggernaut

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He claimed D1 cop. He checked you after you claimed their role.
I was referring to the fact that Sorian countervoted almost immediately. And a non-bastard game with both a D0 and D1 cop wouldn't make a lot of sense so that would be a weird scan target anyway. The more logical conclusion would be that one of us was lying.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was referring to the fact that Sorian countervoted almost immediately. And a non-bastard game with both a D0 and D1 cop wouldn't make a lot of sense so that would be a weird scan target anyway. The more logical conclusion would be that one of us was lying.
Why do people keep saying D0 cop, no one claimed D0 cop.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I didn't think you were town until you went all "Haha it was all a trick all along"
In no post before the reveal did you say "I don't think they're town you guys", you commented a lot on the loved claim and said that we should get us closed to turbo to get a reaction, even if it wouldn't tell us if we were town or scum, yet now you thought we were scum?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Wait. Your problem is that Sorian voted immediately, not giving time for the check to happen.
But also that Sorian shouldn't even have had to check because it would be impossible for you both to be town. So his countervote is therefore completely logical.