• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Someone I "know" may or may not have left wrapped presents out by accident.
Someone's kids may or may not have found the presents after arriving home today.
Someone's spouse may or may not be aware of this incident and is on their way home.

If you don't hear back from this Someone again they still support a Sin lunch.
yikes lol

It's 1am.

So if Geno/Terra is telling the truth: We test it by voting and they won't be lunched.

If they are towm and lying, we wasted whole D1 on a dumb goose chase.

If they are scum and lying, yay we get a score .

Am I correct?
Am I missing something here?

Loved is majority +1. To test it we have to get to majority. And if we all agree to do that now, we waste d1 AND spend d2 and maybe longer debating who did the stupidest thing in this stupid thing.

This strikes me as a big fluffy distraction. Why don't we put a pin in it and revisit later to see if there's even a reason to test it? If they are sus, let's kill 'em. If not, why bother?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Well be clear! Are you a D1 cop? Did you check a player?
2449.jpg

Do you think this face would ever lie to you?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I wouldn't miss anything by skipping to the last page.

But we're discussing claims from people who have a penchant for fake claims so I don't buy it. But it gives us something to talk about I guess?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
yikes lol

Loved is majority +1. To test it we have to get to majority. And if we all agree to do that now, we waste d1 AND spend d2 and maybe longer debating who did the stupidest thing in this stupid thing.

This strikes me as a big fluffy distraction. Why don't we put a pin in it and revisit later to see if there's even a reason to test it? If they are sus, let's kill 'em. If not, why bother?

The stupidest thing? It would be Geno and Terraforce but they would also be dead so who cares!

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

You are right. I did ping geno and terra to see what their opinion on testing the claim anyway is.

As for why to test it: if it's real, it would give some credibility on their cop claim. Assuming it's not a joke, that is.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This is kind of what I'm thinking here too?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is so dumb y'all have me arguing against killing Geno. Man, that takes a lot.
My read of their silence is they're trying to stretch this for as long as possible before they come in to backtrack either because they were joking or the water got too hot for them.
this is the only take i'm nodding along to

stretch armstrong tinfoil take: it's noise so jman can acclimate to being mafia because he's flipping out in scumchat

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is so dumb y'all have me arguing against killing Geno. Man, that takes a lot.

this is the only take i'm nodding along to

stretch armstrong tinfoil take: it's noise so jman can acclimate to being mafia because he's flipping out in scumchat
How would you acclimate jman into mafia? I can imagine him twitching and going "This is too much pressure!"

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not against binning this conversation for later. But if terrogeno don't backtrack, this thing will keep being a distraction in the future.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You fools, Genorce are just in the back pretending to be losing so they can get a Star!

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I have actual information here, I know I'm town, so I can think about the reasons why Geno would make a claim on me. I think Geno was joking, and Sorian is capitilizing on it.

There are several theories of why here, but that is how it reads to me.
I guess I should go more in depth. It's scummy the way you posted it.

1. They know Geno will flip slip scum by ??? (the ??? being w/e reason you come up with)

OR

2. They know Geno will flip town and just want to flip a town player.

You see how both those leads to scum Muffian?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Why? He enjoyed it quite a bit in Mario if I remember right lol.
Some stuff he said in the last couple games. This is also a waaaaay different game.

Anyway, re all the above: all that said - yeah, I can see Geno weaponizing silence. Like that's something I can believe. But there's a whole lot of phase left and right now people are just going off in all kind of what-if directions. I don't love it. I'll just go back to my soup.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read the last page, kill Geno and Terra ASAP, if I'm lying then all you lost was boring day 1 gambits and roundabout speak. You can all be mad at me tomorrow and then do nothing about it, it's fine.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I'm trying to wrap my brain around these last few pages. Can someone explain to me wanting to lunch Genoforce? I don't see what testing their loved claim accomplishes for town. Their move to me reads more like a weird town gambit then a scum move.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should go more in depth. It's scummy the way you posted it.

1. They know Geno will flip slip scum by ??? (the ??? being w/e reason you come up with)

OR

2. They know Geno will flip town and just want to flip a town player.

You see how both those leads to scum Muffian?
1)They know Genoforce is scum if they already checked them in response to the joke post.

2)Pretty much, yeah, Soffian is scum in this scenario and find an easy way to flip a townie player.

There are more scenearios but those are the simple ones.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read the last page, kill Geno and Terra ASAP, if I'm lying then all you lost was boring day 1 gambits and roundabout speak. You can all be mad at me tomorrow and then do nothing about it, it's fine.

I'm already making gifs in anticipation of a Ruffian policy vote on day 2.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Geno wasn't serious guys. He was just fishing with reactions and I spouted some random shit to continue the act. We're neither loved nor cop, not even close in fact.

Y'all really fall for the same trick every time. You hate to see it 😂

Well shit, gotta test that loved claim first

VOTE: Geno
Muffin and I day checked Terra and Geno already, easy, they're scum.
What is there to test if you've already cop scanned us hm?

That is an interesting take.

So you guys actually scanned us, for realsies?
Why was this even posed as a question? You two should know the answer more than anyone.
To me it seems straight forward. Geno and Terraforce lied. Sorian counter claimed as the real day 1 cop and wants us to turbo Geno.

Now we just need to work out if Geno was bussing his partner.
This is something you legitimately believe myself or Geno would fakeclaim as scum in the first few minutes of day one? Or is this a joke too?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to wrap my brain around these last few pages. Can someone explain to me wanting to lunch Genoforce? I don't see what testing their loved claim accomplishes for town. Their move to me reads more like a weird town gambit then a scum move.

Let's look at it from a different perspective.

Can someone explain why we shouldn't lunch Genoforce?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
1)They know Genoforce is scum if they already checked them in response to the joke post.

2)Pretty much, yeah, Soffian is scum in this scenario and find an easy way to flip a townie player.

Occam's razor for #2: Scum is not going to basically sacrifice one of their pairs just to het one town pair lunched earlier. Especially on D1.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know, I'm not against checking the Loved claim at least. It would mean a very controlled voting though, so we avoid an accidental lunch.

Vote: Geno

Do you want to elaborate on that? I've been missing the latest meta.
I also like how Bear says we should be cautious but makes sure he's first to stamp a vote down.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Geno wasn't serious guys. He was just fishing with reactions and I spouted some random shit to continue the act. We're neither loved nor cop, not even close in fact.

Why was this even posed as a question? You two should know the answer more than anyone.

This is something you legitimately believe myself or Geno would fakeclaim as scum in the first few minutes of day one? Or is this a joke too?
Eeh, reactions...? It was clearly a joke from my seat, so I don't really buy selling it for reactions.

Oct 25, 2017

:|

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Why do you have to put it out there that Muffian checked them?

Why don't you just follow the thread of testing the loved claim?

Thirdly, with the way you have it set up Muffian would have to admit to being a cop for 1 to work.

Terrabyte20xx

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I was honestly just thinking the Geno/Terra vs Sorian/Muffin was a meme taken too far, but now we are led to believe this stuff is actually real...

Oh boy, what a game to come back on. I have no idea on how to view all this, but I'm inclined to believe Soffin is a third party or town. I may not get what they're going for, but I don't see how a Scum player benefits from this move.