• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I hope it's on Switch and not Switch 2. It's been too long since a new Mario Kart. That's about it.

I mean an adventure mode with a hub world would be nice, but I don't expect that at all.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's possible, but put in every single track that has existed throughout the history of Mario Kart, all updated in HD. Some good single-player content would be nice too. Just go all out.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
what I think we will get : Mario Kart: Ultimate - a tracks/characters who have ever been in the series.

What I want : Smash Karts - Link was just the beginning

What i truly want deep down in my soul: F-zero GX sequel .... :(

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if single player will be expanded greatly. It is the main focus of the mobile game and Nintendo likes to keep their console and mobile experiences seperately. So the console version remains the multiplayer focused experience while mobile focuses on the single player.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about what we think the odds are of it being on Switch?

Low. The series sells forever, so it's much better to get it out as soon as possible. Releasing it late in year 3 of the consoles life is just throwing money away. Given they've probably not even started development, it's a much better idea to save ideas for 9 for the switch 2 and have it out first year there than to get a couple of years of sales in switch.

To be honest though, I don't know how they top 8deluxe. 48 tracks

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I'd like a story mode where the villains aren't just the typical Nintendo characters. Bowser shouldn't be involved, no King Boo, Piranha Plant, generic Goombas, etc. Characters made specifically for Mario Kart.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smash Kart Ultimate.

Mario Kart 8 gave us a taste with Link, Inklings, Isabelle, etc. Mario Kart 9 needs to finish the fight.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Unlockable characters. I like the experience of unlocking certain characters through specific challenges. Only having Gold Mario to unlock isn't enough.

No random unlocks though. Unlocks should feel like a special reward for doing something, not a roll of the dice.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
An actual cool story mode that lets me unlock drivers and cars. Like in Smash.
I liked MK8 but having almost everything available from the start sucked imo.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
This.

I love Link more than anyone, but let's keep him and other non Mario characters out of Mario Kart please.

Nah it's too late. I ain't giving up purple inkling boy and pink inkling girl now.
lvYFt7r.jpg

PotionBleue

Nov 1, 2017
A richer variety of driving mechanics. I still miss the inward-drifting bikes from Mario Kart Wii, using them was so fun. (inward-drifting mechanics of Mario Kart 8 were an atrocity)

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Agree on an Adventure Mode and more of a Nintendo Kart than a Mario Kart. Keep the name Mario though. And give back a little more control over the big jumps. I liked it in MK64 when you could go off those big speed boost ramps and actually aim where you're landing versus what feels like being on a rail in the sky.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
honestly I am 10000% satisfied with playing more MK8 or getting DLC for that until the next major graphical update for Nintendo. I love 8 so damn much. I really can't think of many/any gameplay improvements honestly, other than more cross-series content.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
funny to read all those answers after crash team racing remake. you could read all those SAME answers back then after the release of CTR on PSX and people wishing nintendo going the same router after mk64. i remember this so good, because i was 12 years old and i got my internet connection and was rambling how nintendo and mario kart are doomed, if they are not picking up the same formula as diddy kong racing or CTR.

one thing if i can add something:
delete everything non-mario related.
get link, animal crossing and the miis out of it.
no mercedes cars.

it should have a proper battle mode from the beginning, there should be always at least 32-48 tracks, less flying, more drifting and more shortcuts.
maybe grand prix modes to keep the game fresh after a few months.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I honestly think MK8 deluxe is peak Mario Kart.

Make Mario Kart Ultimate and put all the tracks on it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52823

Banned
Jan 29, 2019
A richer variety of driving mechanics. I still miss the inward-drifting bikes from Mario Kart Wii, using them was so fun. (inward-drifting mechanics of Mario Kart 8 were an atrocity)

I like the wheelie from MKWii. It allows you to move faster when there's no drifting happening. Those instances are few and far between in MK8D, but they are there.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
1) a battle mode that doesn't suck (don't reuse tracks)

2) include every racer that's ever been in a MK game.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Course creator would be awesome, even if it were something extremely simple like Mach Rider NES.

Other than that, just more of the same is fine. Keep the roster Mario focused and add more characters from other Mario universe games like maybe the Mario 2/USA bosses, Mario Land characters, Wario Land characters, Donkey Kong Country characters, Warioware characters, Mario & Luigi RPG characters, Paper Mario characters, hell even those humans from the Golf games could be fun.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
A more skill based or at least actively engaging drift system. As much as I loved MK8, going back to it is actually painfully boring after CTR because there's so little to the actual racing part of the game. Something new though, not the left/right spamming of the older games, I'd rather not ruin my sticks or thumb on a MK again.

Other than that, I'd also be more interested in having a Smash Kart or Mario & All-Star Racing type of deal. There's just so much untapped potential there.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Add the Doctor characters from Dr. Mario World as clones.

Some Odyssey-inspired courses would be nice.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is SO close to perfect. Just make it Nintendo Kart and give us a meaty singleplayer campaign and were good. Maybe a "track" with a simplistic theme that is randomly generated every time?

Edit: Actually, make it like the X Cup from F-Zero X. A cup full of randomly generated tracks.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
As I've said in prior threads, an exploration-based adventure mode would be wonderful. LABO Vehicle Kit proved it can work

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I'd like to see a major refresh of some kind. MK8(D) did not take the series in a direction I'm happy with, and I don't want to play some version of it for a third generation in a row.

I'm never getting a MK:Wii 2, so instead just throw everything out the window and do something different.

Make a compelling single player campaign. Make a track editor. Make vehicles that actually control significantly differently, and pretend balance matters this time around. Make a strong enough "Automatic" that kids and casuals can actually win once in a blue moon. Make items relevant again in a way where 1st place can't front run the entire race past the first 15 seconds while everyone else gets mauled by chaos.

Just do something different, because I don't want MK8: Next Console Edition.

Andamo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love an Adventure Mode / Mission Mode.

I also think it would be cool if they included an in-game "Coin Shop" where you can spend the coins you earn during races.

Instead of giving random karts/kart parts for certain coin total milestones, I'd rather players be given two options:

Complete tasks in Adventure Mode / Mission Mode OR buy them in the Coin Shop.

That way, players who don't want to use Adventure Mode / Mission Mode are still able to get all of the rewards. For players who choose to do both, if you buy an item that would have been a reward for a challenge, you'll get the cost of the item in coins as a reward if you do the challenge later.

I'd also like unlockable racers and/or unlockable racer costumes.

Like you start the game with most of the basic characters, but if you want to unlock a "Secret" character or a new costume (like the Cat Suit or Tanooki Suit for Mario), you've got to unlock the costume by completing a task or by purchasing it in the Coin Shop.

ShinyKyurem

Jul 11, 2019
My only hope is that it's released on Switch. I think the console deserves its own fully new mario kart.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Double Dash mode. They can even have a restricted amount of karts available just for this mode if they want.

And lastly, don't do "Nintendo Kart" and if there's an adventure mode, it better not be half-assed.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
More variety in the roster. I really like 8's roster but lordy we did not need those babies and metal variants. Give us the characters they removed like DIDDY, Birdy, Wiggler, Petey Piranha, etc. Give us E. Gadd and stuff like Monty Mole and shit. And give us more guided and interesting single player offering. Besides that I just want them to keep doing what they are doing.