• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 52823

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Whether it's on Switch or otherwise, I'm hoping for a new Mario Kart. While 8 Deluxe is awesome, by next year the game will be six years old.

What kind of features, improvements, additions are you looking for?

There's plenty of stuff that can be done. The online lobby system could use an overhaul. Let us form lobbies like Call of Duty. There can be 6x6 online matches like team death match.

In the 6x6 mode (or perhaps 10x10), you won't be able to damage your team mates. Instead, you exist to help each other. Item sharing, boosting, there's plenty of possibilities. Perhaps you could link to each other to increase base speed.

Of course, it's still competitive; you want to finish first. But in the end, it's more of a team style mode. And, there could be hardcore team mode where you can damage your team mate unintentionally.

Of course, regular racing is still available. Basically free for all. You are still able to create lobbies in free for all. However, as a means to avoid cheating, you won't be able to tell which player is which. It will be unknown before the match which character you have chosen and names will not be displayed during the match. This allows any number of players to "party up" and join into matches with randoms.

Also, Mario Kart has had a "last man standing" mode since SNES. Create a battle mode of 100 players, each with three balloons. Last player standing wins.

Domination style in battle mode. Players hold down certain areas of the map for points.

A Splatoon style mode in battle mode perhaps. Your kart drops ink while you drive.

Other than that, Nintendo created some awesome tracks and mechanics for Mario Kart 8. I'm excited to see what their developers will come up with next.

Mostly, I think online modes are extremely limited as is. There's a lot that can be applied from stuff like Call of Duty.

I know there's a lot of want for a "Nintendo Kart" so to speak. In reality, it's just fan service. It doesn't do much in the way of new ideas. We already have courses and characters from various different game IP.

Anyway, what would you like from Mario Kart 9?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i expect it to be released either at launch or a few months after the launch of switch 2.

i think it'll have more interesting single player content, not sure if that's a full adventure mode or just missions like MKDS.

my ultimate wish is them being able to pull a smash ultimate and have all the courses from all past MK games, but i realize that's way too much work.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Hopes: No/less rubberbanding/assisted weapon drops.
Dreams: 4K, graphical overhaul.
Expectations: More of the same.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
DKR adventure mode in mario kart, nintendo knows theyre just cowards

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love it if we had an option to go back to double dash, and being able to pair up characters and have specific/special items for those characters. DD is probably my fav MK in the series after Deluxe, and probably the most unique one in the series. If pairing characters is not an option, please have unique sets of items for characters (it doesn't have to be ALL of them, but say, all babies have Chain Chomp; all princesses have another specific items; monkeys as well, etc)

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
A story or adventure mode, more customisation like colors etc, if we could design our own tracks, new lobby online with new modes, new items too

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Gameplay of MK8D was already amazing, peak of Mario Kart.

I would like them to expand on battle mode, and plesse bring back Diddy Kong.

Newcomers:
Pauline
Poochy
Charging Chuck
Spike
Tostarenan

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
More than anything, I want a campaign mode with a Diddy Kong Racing style open hub world. Story missions, multiple worlds with themes, bosses, and upgrades. Even if the core gameplay remains largely unchanged with slight tweaks, this approach would have me over the moon with anticipation.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
A proper lobby will never happen for Nintendo games. For single player experience, while story mode is nice, it lacks replayability and gets old fast. So I prefer RPG-like elements. Things to unlock, things to buy and upgrade etc. Not just characters, parts and karts, but maybe even items, items' ability, stats growth etc that could be used for special offline modes. These will greatly increase the replayability for single player experience.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
If I could have it my way I'd give double karts another try, DD was awesome. And copying Sonic racing games drifting in that you can switch directions without losing your boost. And no Smash characters please, Link and Squid are already pushing it.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a 'stage morph' option like in Smash Bros- basically you choose two (or more!) tracks and the track transforms into the next one at a particular point (maybe after each lap). It would be really fun to juxtapose different tracks, and be able to select the mirror mode of each track too. You could create some crazy custom races that way.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52823

Banned
Jan 29, 2019
I'd love it if we had an option to go back to double dash, and being able to pair up characters and have specific/special items for those characters. DD is probably my fav MK in the series after Deluxe, and probably the most unique one in the series. If pairing characters is not an option, please have unique sets of items for characters (it doesn't have to be ALL of them, but say, all babies have Chain Chomp; all princesses have another specific items; monkeys as well, etc)

Here's what I was thinking. When you're playing the "Team Racing" mode, you literally can connect to your team mates. This increases base speed.

Think of the boosting mechanic in Kart 8 when you bump into someone. You each get a boost.

In this, you connect to your team mates for an increase in overall speed. The catch, is that you are both controlling your kart. So, when connected, you are both steering. So it may be a little more difficult to maneuver. That's the price of connecting for increased speed.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Switch between driving, boating, and flying in a single track on the fly.

(Gliding doesn't count)

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about what we think the odds are of it being on Switch?

Kinda bummed if we have to wait until the next console for another one. Mario Kart 8 is feeling pretty old to me right now.

A new feature I'd want are real planes, like what they did in Diddy Kong Racing. I thought that stuff was so sick and playing as different vehicles on the same parts of the same tracks was wild.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Bigger focus on driving and toning down the item spam a bit.

Decoupling stats from cosmetics so you don't see as many clones.

More interesting singleplayer mode like Sonic Transformed.

Better netcode (dedicated servers?) so you don't get hit by invisible crap, or having your item spinner glitch out because one person has a bad connection.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
8 is as good and as far as they can take the current formula. They're not gonna top that, so they should do something different. I don't think the basic conceit or the driving physics need to change, but if they want to revisit their approach to items, coins, Grand Prix, difficulty, etc, I'm all for it. Blow out the roster while you're at it.

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Open world map or so as story mode withbosses (like ds had, but open world)

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Couple of the big ones for me.

-- Adventure mode
-- Online events like Splatfests
-- More character and kart customization like CTR
-- Bring back Diddy Kong
-- Playable Captain Toad or as an alt costume

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart Ultimate, sporting all the characters levels and modes from the past.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
First, I really hope the game will be fun to play in local multiplayer. For that, it needs:
  1. The disparition of the coin system.
  2. A better auto-balance (more interesting objects for bad players).
  3. Areas of the right size, where you can play and have fun with only four players (and even two or three).

And yeah, a great single player content.

Edit: in fact, I would love if the game had three different game modes:
  1. Single player (11 bots, but small auto-balance: the better player win).
  2. Local multiplayer (no bots, strong auto-balance to help newbies).
  3. Online multiplayer (same as single player, but no bots).
Each area of battle mode would have two sizes, one for single player or online multiplayer and one for local multiplayer.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
how do people think mario kart maker would even work

unless the idea is just snes or gba style tracks

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
More than anything I want to be able to "avoid" red shells. I hate doing a jump and seeing it just freaking out directly underneath me with no way to avoid. The fact that red shells are fragile and break on hitting terrain doesn't even come into play anymore from my experience because they track so perfectly now.

And I want slightly more strategy elements like dragging an item behind you protects you but slows down your max speed or using triple mushrooms all at once stack their effects for a faster boost but make you harder to steer.