• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
The price is insane, like every Mario Kart fans would have paid like 20$ per pack. This is madness!

Lirose

May 30, 2018
$24.99 for 48 tracks seems like a super good deal. Nintendo been doing pricing right for their recent DLC with ACNH and now MK8.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
There's a reason why everyone gravitates towards "Smash Kart" when talking about the next Mario Kart. Like, what do you even DO to get the masses excited for the next game?? And no, turning Mario Kart into Diddy Kong Racing or Crash Team Racing won't do that. Nobody bought a WiiU, so MK8D is basically most people's generational fill for Mario Kart, and it's a damn fine one at that.

Love the aggressive pricing. I guess the last DLC must have done well enough for them to take a shot with this.

Megaten

Oct 30, 2017
Just like when MK8 on the Wii U had fantastic pricing on a boatload of DLC content, MK8 Deluxe continues the tradition. I'll def. be picking this up!

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I held off on double-dipping on 8 as I had it on the Wii U and played so much of it, including the DLC.

This is just really fantastic, though. I'll be picking this up for sure.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
This has been a long time coming, hooray!

And these remade courses are included with the Nintendo Switch Online expansion pass too … 😊

Slightly quizzical to omit new or returning characters, but oh well.

Are they actually any good?

I've only played Mario Kart Tour on my iPhone for ten minutes at launch, and I thoroughly disliked the controls.
Yup. They're very good. Almost 8DX quality.

Ninja Hideaway is a sublime course.

I still play Mario Kart Tour religiously by the way. I absolutely love it.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
How many courses are missing from 8DX? And did they say it will be exclusively older tracks? I really hope we get maple treeway and wuhu island

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is neat but like... 4 years too late for me to care? This is what I wanted at launch, not years later after I realized we wouldn't actually get a new Mario Kart game for a decade :'0

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
This may break me and finally get me to double dip with the game after enjoying it on Wii U.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Splitting the expansion pass with my wife and a friend getting even better. Already felt like a good deal with us all getting the AC expansion and n64 stuff. This is a ton of icing on the cake.

Curious if it's truly all old tracks (the way they said you'll recognize SOME of these tracks from previous games or something was vague enough). Was expecting some characters, like tossing in Samus or something. Still kinda they'll end up including some new characters like the last DLC and just mention it later. Even if they don't 48 new tracks is so bonkers I laughed out loud when they said it.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
The value of this pack is so high, too hard to pass up and definite will get it day 1.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
If these really are just mobile asset ports from Mario Kart Tour, does that mean none of the 48 courses are going to have anti-gravity sections? That would be a bit disappointing.

Edit: I can't remember if any of the classic tracks in MK8 had anti-gravity paths added on to begin with, so maybe it's not a problem.
The key art for this has them in anti-gravity mode so I think some will be reworked to include it

Last edited:

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Switch Pro is going to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Deluxe.

I'll give these new courses a whirl.

Oct 31, 2017
HOLY SHIT I JUST SAW THIS WTF!

I love MK8 but I haven't played it in years. Just recently I've been thinking about how I've missed it and it seemed like fun to play, and this news comes out of nowhere. What the hell.

It's pretty damn cool as I think Mario Kart 8 is already basically the best kart racing game, and this will just full cement it and take it over the top. Basically the definitive MK experience. I just wonder how they'll now follow it up...

sku

Feb 11, 2018
Part of me rolls my eyes at Nintendo milking more out of Mario Kart 8, but part of me doesn't believe they'd even make a good Mario Kart 9. Anyway, gimme those sweet, sweet Double Dash courses.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is what will get me to get the expansion pass.

I'm really looking forward to Sky Garden.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Audibly cheered at work over this and honestly only this announcement.

No kiddiN I was in the dumps till this hit.

I mean even as a warriors fan this dirext was low tier. Hyrule Warriors dlc season in 2022? Nope. When Fire emblem Warriors showed up i said "Just shit directly into both my eyes nintendo".
Then mother 1 and 2 again and still no 3. No Metroid prime 4 but by god 1 hit die mode and boss rush dlc which is so nothing it may as well not exist. Not botw 2. No fzero. No culdcept. No star fox.

Then this hit near the end.

48 courses. From past games. Mall is immediately shown.
You son of a bitch Nintendo. I'm in.

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
The main point about this is it being added to the NSO Expansion Pass.

I am glad I dipped on it with Animal Crossing (instead of buying the expansion separately) and I hope this continues.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, hey a whole new Mario Kart game as DLC for an eight year old game.

Amazing.

For real, I really thought we would get MK9 on this console, but fuck it if I can have another 48 tracks, because that's the bulk of what I really want out of the sequel any damn way. Just give me remakes of tracks from earlier in the series remade for this game and Im absolutely happy.

I can't wait for this. The pricing and nso expansion is just icing on the cake. Game of the forever man.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
For real, I really thought we would get MK9 on this console, but fuck it if I can have another 48 tracks, because that's the bulk of what I really want out of the sequel any damn way. Just give me remakes of tracks from earlier in the series remade for this game and Im absolutely happy.

I can't wait for this. The pricing and nso expansion is just icing on the cake. Game of the forever man.
In addition, 3 of the first 8 tracks (Paris Promenade, Tokyo Tour Blur, Ninja Hideaway) are from Tour and I think most of us haven't really played them. Sky Garden is also very, very different. So for a lot of us it won't just be tracks we've played to death lol

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'm really starting to wonder where Mario Kart goes next after a 50+ million seller game with 96 tracks. The only thing I can come up with is they plan to keep Mario Kart 8's engine and mechanics as the "core" going forward, porting every past track in the franchise to it and the entire back catalogue will be available for a subscription fee, like how Just Dance keeps releasing new games with a catalogue of old songs you can sub to.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Can one of you that's posting about being interested in the expansion pass tell me how you see that as greater value than just buying the season pass? Why are you chill with losing content one day?

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is neat but like... 4 years too late for me to care? This is what I wanted at launch, not years later after I realized we wouldn't actually get a new Mario Kart game for a decade :'0
If I had to guess, this is trying to bridge the gap for MK9 on the Switch successor.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
IMO the $25 price point just makes the expansion pak an even worse value since you'd have to pay for the sub up until the last wave is released end of next year.

Maybe once all the waves are released