• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It feels like it released yesterday man. The Wii can't possibly have happened so long ago, yet it has. What the actual fuck, Mario Galaxy released more than a decade ago.

Y'know what's worse? In a few years 1990 will be 30 years old, how in the fuck???

11 fucking years. How. It really can't have been that long.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
I played Galaxy for the first time last year or so, never finished it but it was good enough fun.

Although I much prefer Odyssey.

Oct 26, 2017
I still remember seeing the first footage at E3 2006 and then getting it for Boxing Day as a present in 2007. Time flies like little else, hard to believe. :)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Your maths are still wrong here. 1990 will be 30 years ago next year not in a few, and Galaxy is closer to 12 years old than 11.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Loved that game, never got to finish it though sadly

I pray for a switch port

Also crazy to think next year it will be 15 years since the xbox 360 released

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Virtua Tennis 3 for PS3 is more than 12 years old and Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer are still among the first three players on the ATP list.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
I went to the midnight launch at the Nintendo Store in NYC with some friends, the launch of the game was a big deal. Very nostalgic thinking about that time and how incredible the game was at the time.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
WTF is going on with those stupid thread titles? One exclamation mark and one question mark is enough. Grow up.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
From Wiki OP:

It was released in Japan on November 1, 2007, the United States on November 12, 2007, Canada on November 14, 2007, Europe on November 16, 2007, Australasia on November 27, 2007 and South Korea on September 4, 2008. It is the third 3D platformer in the Mario series, after Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.

giphy.gif

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Loved it! First mario i ever 100%ed, every corner is so full of joy

Mario galaxy 2 was even better! Odyssey is good, but i think it lacked something that i cant explain

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
I recently tried watching a speed run on Galaxy... didn't like it. So much slower than Odyssey, Sunshine and 64.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
More time has now passed since Galaxy's release until now than since Mario 64's release until Galaxy's.

Edit: beaten like a goomba

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
There is less time between the moonlanding and Mario Galaxy than between Mario Galaxy and the next Kid Icaurs game.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sometimes i feel old and then i see threads on this site that remind me that im still in my early 20s

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can the mods please add more punctuation to the title those two exclamation marks need more friends

Oct 31, 2017
It feels like it released yesterday man. The Wii can't possibly have happened so long ago, yet it has. What the actual fuck, Mario Galaxy released more than a decade ago.

Y'know what's worse? In a few years 1990 will be 30 years old, how in the fuck???

11 fucking years. How. It really can't have been that long.

Just wait until we hit the 10-year anniversary for Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2! :-O

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I just tried playing it, and didn't like the controls/camera at all. Made me want to play through Odyssey again instead.

The game itself is impressive, though. The variety is great.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Magical game. The feeling of playing Galaxy for the first time after Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion had been the closest we had gotten to Mario in so long was just immaculate. At the time he controlled perfectly and movement options were unparalleled, much in the same way Odyssey is perceived today, and the ambience is unrivaled to this day. Fully orchestrated too ..man it was so epic.

I need Galaxy 3.

Deleted member 54320

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Do you think that somebody who works in a place like you do should have played through all of "the classic" video games?
My personal answer would be no? I'm only 22 and there's still plenty of "classic" games that I haven't played (yet). Everyone has their own preferences and tastes when it comes to playing vidya games. For lack of a clearer way I saying it, I wouldn't "knock any points off" someone if they haven't played Ocarina of Time or Call of Duty 4 or so on.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My personal answer would be no? I'm only 22 and there's still plenty of "classic" games that I haven't played (yet). Everyone has their own preferences and tastes when it comes to playing vidya games. For lack of a clearer way I saying it, I wouldn't "knock any points off" someone if they haven't played Ocarina of Time or Call of Duty 4 or so on.
A decade ago, I'd think people were crazy for not playing OoT. But these days I feel it's unreasonable to think that. Even more so than before.

edit: just realized you would be like a baby when that game released

Deleted member 54320

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
A decade ago, I'd think people were crazy for not playing OoT. But these days I feel it's unreasonable to think that. Even more so than before.

edit: just realized you would be like a baby when that game released
Indeed I woulda been quite young but yeah, there are tons of games out there. Some are bound to slip through the cracks but most importantly, I never had a Wii when growing up lol. Kind of would of been impossible to play.

My 360 coupled with Call of Duty 3 and Halo 3 had quite the grip on me whilst I was a teen.

Nov 27, 2017
California
We all get old quick x time flies super fast
seeing my parents getting older and older sucks :(

I remember buying Mario galaxy at my local toys r us since they gave a coin with purchase, that day was amazing

Oct 26, 2017
The best games by far last gen. Won't lie, it does feel weird to know just how long ago last gen actually was. Crazy to think I was in elementary school when it started

Status
Not open for further replies.