• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

Yup, they're skipping right over Partners in Tlme and going straight to the third game.
Looked very far along, despite it's 2019 date.

ragnarok21

Nov 26, 2017
2019 is what really surprised me: I thought they wouldn't even release much on 2018 lol.

Yes, they are releasing mostly ports and collections since last year, but it's still more than I expected.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually really amused that they skipped Partners in Time.

And yeah, it really does look pretty much done, but apparently its not coming out until next year? I guess they have to let things cool down more since M&L SSS's remake came out so recently.

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
This series needs to die. It has become so derivative at this point. I'm looking forward to WarioWare Gold and Luigi's Mansion, but this... this is pointless.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo: "Uh, what was Partners in Time? Never heard of it."

But really, I hope these remakes eventually crosses over into Paper Mario...

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
LOL, why did they skip over Partners in Time? Now that game is the only one not on 3DS.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alphadream is no doubt working on Mario & Luigi 5, but these ports are helping to keep the lights on in the meantime. They already have the engine, so to speak, with the Superstar Saga remake, and a lot of existing assets, so some of the work is already taken care of.

Mario & Luigi 5 will probably require entirely new assets and character models, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it or Paper Mario until 2019 at the earliest.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is weird, they should have remade Partners in Time to make it good this time. Seems like a waste to remake Bowser's inside story since it's still a really great game that you can already play on the 3DS.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Bowser's Inside Story was a great game, so I'm pretty up for a remake.

But my reaction when '2019' came up on screen for a 3DS game announcement was a hearty "Wait, what?"

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a fantastic game all round, well on DS at least. I liked what they did with SS so I'm confident this will play well too.

2019 is.. bizarre to say the least though.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
This series needs to die. It has become so derivative at this point. I'm looking forward to WarioWare Gold and Luigi's Mansion, but this... this is pointless.

What are you talking about? This is a remake of Bowser's Inside Story from DS, the third game, arguably the best game in the series.

Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
I dislike the art style they've been using for the 3DS games so much. All the charm of the older games is gone.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
2019 is just weird, this will probably be the last 3DS game Nintendo releases at retail.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
3DS FOREVER

This is one of my favorite DS titles so it's definitely worth buying in the year of our lord 2019 if you've never played it.

Oct 25, 2017
They could at least also release this and Luigi's Mansion on Switch. I thought that Bowser's Inside Story was the best (read: my favorite) first-party DS game by far.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at first I was mad - I just bought the DS game to play for the first time. Then I saw 2019 and I was like, you know what - I'm good!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get why not partners in time, and why 2019. The game looks done already, it could easily be in the summer or fall.

I probably won't get this because the original version still plays perfect and has great visuals.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why wait until 2019 for this when you can already play the game on the 3DS right now?
Super Star Saga remake made more sense because it was not playable on the platform.

Binhoker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
At last, a way to play a ds game on a 3ds!

Just hurry up and port thousand year door you fffffuckkkersssss!

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basically my dream announcement, I'm playing the fantastic M&L:SS remake on the 2DSXL now and I was hoping they'd do this game next. Never got to play it on DS

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
After the first games remade, it was really only a matter of time before another game was done. I got no problems with it myself and hope that the M&L fans enjoy this one.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder what the point is. You can play the original on 3DS and it still looks good.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
2019 is what really surprised me: I thought they wouldn't even release much on 2018 lol.

Yes, they are releasing mostly ports and collections since last year, but it's still more than I expected.

There's probably gonna be a bunch of third party 3DS releases coming in 2018 as well. I'm betting on Yo-kai Watch 3 and DQ XI.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Is the original Bowser Inside Story hard to find or something? Also, 2019 where it looks far along to be finished in this year. Evev more strange that they announce a 2019 title this early.

Also Nintendo and Atlus are both competing on which company will release the very last 3ds game.