• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Hard to stay canceled when you have 10mm+ of $ to lay low for a few years and let people forget. These guys are old news, now we are after Justin Timberlake and the cycle continues. It sucks.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the rich dont get cancelled. you think they do, then they just reappear a couple of years later. Watch a special with Bill Cosby, Louis C.K and Ye produced by Harvey Weinstein in a couple of years shattering records.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea C.K. was even active right now. Certainly seems like nobody gives a shit about him which makes it kind of surprising he got a nomination.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Did Marilyn Manson do anything recently?
The unfurl on the article the guy posted in the OP said:
Manson earned a nod for his supporting role on Kanye West's Donda

The fuck did Louis CK even make to be nominated?
The unfurl on the article the guy posted in the OP said:
while Louis C.K. could take home a 2022 trophy for a special on which joked about his sexual-misconduct scandal

With the full unfurl being

Marilyn Manson and Louis C.K. Are Up for Grammys, and Other Key Nomination Fails

Manson earned a nod for his supporting role on Kanye West's Donda, while Louis C.K. could take home a 2022 trophy for a special on which joked about his sexual-misconduct scandal
www.rollingstone.com
www.rollingstone.com

As demonstrated by
www.rollingstone.com

Louis C.K. and Marilyn Manson: Accused Sexual Predators, Grammy Nominees

Marilyn Manson, Louis C.K., and DaBaby all could take home Grammys in 2022.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Grammys have always been shit, are shit, and will always be shit. They mean nothing to me. I don't even want to know who they award.

I suppose they might have a use in so clearly illuminating the terrible nature of the people running the music industry. That's it.

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
Lol at Donda being nominated for album of the year. Hope it goes to H.E.Rs album, which is fantastic but it's going to go to either Taylor Swift, again or Olivia Rodrigo.

Mostly because Adele has already received 2 AOTY awards for 21 and 25. I'm still salty that To Pimp a Butterfly didn't win

Yup Zero and I do mean Zero chance HER wins it.

Donda is most definitely there to create controversy... Nas dropped a much much better rap album but casuals don't give a damn about his music.

TPAB not winning it, ESPECIALLY after his live performance, was was the most embarrassing least shocking decision the Grammy's has ever made.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
People who don't like Donda don't have to worry about it being nominated anyways..... Not like Hip Hop albums ever win AOTY. 🤷‍♂️

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Nah, you don't get to make shit up because someone disliking a Kanye album makes you upset.

I watched ALL of the album premiere livestreams and was active in the Era thread dedicated for them. I listened to the full album multiple times after it dropped, basically trying to force myself to find more highs on it because I had hope that he could return to greatness after not having a good album in a few years, with Jesus is King being irredeemable garbage.

Kanye is one of my favorite artists of all time. He released six basically perfect albums in a row. I think 808s, MBDTF and Yeezus are tied with Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad as the greatest trilogy of albums ever released.

Miss me with the, "You didn't like a Kanye album that actually got mixed/poor reviews? Obviously you didn't even LISTEN to it and just hate Kanye!" fanboy bullshit.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
This is now a "caring about the Grammys" thread.

And what else but Kanye discourse would shift the thread here

BigSkinny0310

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
User Warned: Hostility
Nah, you don't get to make shit up because someone disliking a Kanye album makes you upset.

I watched ALL of the album premiere livestreams and was active in the Era thread dedicated for them. I listened to the full album multiple times after it dropped, basically trying to force myself to find more highs on it because I had hope that he could return to greatness after not having a good album in a few years, with Jesus is King being irredeemable garbage.

Kanye is one of my favorite artists of all time. He released six basically perfect albums in a row. I think 808s, MBDTF and Yeezus are tied with Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad as the greatest trilogy of albums ever released.

Miss me with the, "You didn't like a Kanye album that actually got mixed/poor reviews? Obviously you didn't even LISTEN to it and just hate Kanye!" fanboy bullshit.
1119-l.jpg

yeah ok, all that is your opinion

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking ridiculous that CK got nominated. There are so many great comedy albums to choose from.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Even if Brian Warner wasn't an abusive dickbag and all around rock and roll cautionary tale, he hasn't released or done anything worth critical praise or awards since Mechanical Animals ( Which to be fair is one of the greatest Rock and Roll records I have listened to, making it one of the harder entertainment products to drop based on who made it, but I have dropped it nonetheless).

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I think Donda was great and I really wish Drake and Ye were still beefing. Would have loved to see what would happen if one or the other won the grammy. 😂

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Mastodon got a nomination, so I'm happy.

Hushed & Grim is a better album than whatever you guys are arguing about.

Even if Brian Warner wasn't an abusive dickbag and all around rock and roll cautionary tale, he hasn't released or done anything worth critical praise or awards since Mechanical Animals ( Which to be fair is one of the greatest Rock and Roll records I have listened to, making it one of the harder entertainment products to drop based on who made it, but I have dropped it nonetheless).
I will never listen to MM again after the terrible things he's done

But

If we're talking strictly music, We Are Chaos was the best album he ever made

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mastodon got a nomination, so I'm happy.

Hushed & Grim is a better album than whatever you guys are arguing about.

I will never listen to MM again after the terrible things he's done

But

If we're talking strictly music, We Are Chaos was the best album he ever made
Never bothered with it. Last album I liked was eat me drink me and it was already a sharp decline, and now I wouldn't bother.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda shocked to see Louis CK nominated for anything.

It feels like the dude fell off the face of the earth.

(who cares about a Grammy)

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Considering CK opens his special walking back his apology, hell of a thing to get nominated for. What in the world.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Considering CK opens his special walking back his apology, hell of a thing to get nominated for. What in the world.

No, he doesn't, and you have to really actively want to believe otherwise to think so.

Don't blame a rock for failing to keep you from convincing yourself it's a pearl.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
No, he doesn't, and you have to really actively want to believe otherwise to think so.

Don't blame a rock for failing to keep you from convincing yourself it's a pearl.
Uh huh I think the way he is treating this as material is in stark contrast to his initial apology but I would like to hear more about what I'm trying to believe here, something you had to come into this thread and make a point about.