• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sindel is quaking in her boots!
Saw this earlier, Always love her sense of humor.
hmm? I was at her latest concert in NY and she was amazing.
I was there too! She put on an amazing show. Fun all around, very sweet person on stage, even with her occasional Mariah "moments".
And yes she can STILL sing , not that she lost the ability to actually "sing" anyway. People judge her too harsh because she cant always hit the pitches she used to, but she always knew how to actually sing well.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
That was adorable

She really deserves more respect. She has 18 #1s (17 of which she wrote herself), sold over 200 million records and a 5 octave range. I don't think she'll ever get the respect she deserves until she passes away unfortunately. Much like a lot of stars.
Isn't she diagnosed bipolar? It's started seeming like people drag her for things she's done that stem from her mental illness (aside from pot shots about her relevancy or the fact one's voice changes as they age).

Roundabout way of saying I agree with you.

EDIT: I actually realized recently that I need to dive into Mariah's discography, after hearing some other artists' songs inspired by her work. Where should I start?

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
My brother thought it was a police/ambulence siren when I played the video, lol.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
That was adorable

Isn't she diagnosed bipolar? It's started seeming like people drag her for things she's done that stem from her mental illness (aside from pot shots about her relevancy or the fact one's voice changes as they age).

Roundabout way of saying I agree with you.

EDIT: I actually realized recently that I need to dive into Mariah's discography, after hearing some other artists' songs inspired by her work. Where should I start?

The fan favorite seems to be her album Butterfly, Daydream follows next. Mariah slowly shifted into R&B so you could say her earlier work is more ballad infused.

Her latest album Caution is her highest rated album to date, believe it or not, you could go with that if like. I enjoy her earlier albums more because her voice before her nodules acted up was second to none.

One of my favorite tracks is a b-side from her 1993 single, Dreamlover:

I also enjoy a song from her second album called Till The End of Time:

My advice is to start from the start, her first five albums are all terrific,

- Mariah Carey (The blueprint for every female vocalist that came after this album, you can find a video for every singer out there citing this album as an inspiration for wanting to sing)

Notable tracks: Vision of Love - Love Takes Time - Sent From Up Above - Alone in Love

- Emotions (Mariah said she would return home with no voice after every session and you hear why in this album)

Notable tracks: Emotions - Can't Let Go - Till The End of Time - To Be Around You

- Music Box (Her highest-selling album thanks to her cover of Without You, which exploded in Europe)

Notable tracks: the whole album except for maybe Never Forget You

- Daydream (Released at her peak career-wise, Mariah loves to perform snippets of a b-side from this album called Slipping Away)

Notable tracks: Fantasy - Always Be My Baby - Forever - Melt Away

-Butterfly (This is when Mariah embraced R&B, considered by many as her best album)

Notable tracks: the whole album is a skip-free experience.

Notable tracks are me listing the tracks I enjoy btw lol

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
I saw the thread title and came in here thinking she was gonna shatter a glass bottle with her voice and make the cap fall off.

I did not expect bottle-being-yanked-by-invisible-string antics.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
I saw the thread title and came in here thinking she was gonna shatter a glass bottle with her voice and make the cap fall off.

I did not expect bottle-being-yanked-by-invisible-string antics.

Her whistle note produced ultrasound waves that traveled through the bottle, heating it up and causing the excess steam to lift up the bottle cap in order to escape.

tumblr_lxhw4hmH9N1r9ahfuo1_400.gif

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know this meme. I don't know if the vid is real. PopEra is alien to me. I'm too old and unhip for this shit. I'm going to bed. Good night.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
The fan favorite seems to be her album Butterfly, Daydream follows next. Mariah slowly shifted into R&B so you could say her earlier work is more ballad infused.

Her latest album Caution is her highest rated album to date, believe it or not, you could go with that if like. I enjoy her earlier albums more because her voice before her nodules acted up was second to none.

One of my favorite tracks is a b-side from her 1993 single, Dreamlover:

I also enjoy a song from her second album called Till The End of Time:

My advice is to start from the start, her first five albums are all terrific,

- Mariah Carey (The blueprint for every female vocalist that came after this album, you can find a video for every singer out there citing this album as an inspiration for wanting to sing)

Notable tracks: Vision of Love - Love Takes Time - Sent From Up Above - Alone in Love

- Emotions (Mariah said she would return home with no voice after every session and you hear why in this album)

Notable tracks: Emotions - Can't Let Go - Till The End of Time - To Be Around You

- Music Box (Her highest-selling album thanks to her cover of Without You, which exploded in Europe)

Notable tracks: the whole album except for maybe Never Forget You

- Daydream (Released at her peak career-wise, Mariah loves to perform snippets of a b-side from this album called Slipping Away)

Notable tracks: Fantasy - Always Be My Baby - Forever - Melt Away

-Butterfly (This is when Mariah embraced R&B, considered by many as her best album)

Notable tracks: the whole album is a skip-free experience.

Notable tracks are me listing the tracks I enjoy btw lol

Quoting this for all the people asking "who?" (probably should be thread marked too) I don't remember Butterfly being a critical darling when it released but it was the first album that Mariah started working w/ hip hop producers (which her label at the time absolutely hated).

She really deserves more respect. She has 18 #1s (17 of which she wrote herself), sold over 200 million records and a 5 octave range. I don't think she'll ever get the respect she deserves until she passes away unfortunately. Much like a lot of stars.

Oh come on.. the woman is going down as one of the all time greatest Pop RnB artists of all time. Just because there's a generation of people who don't know who she is doesn't mean anything.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
yes women do age. I know it's very hard to deal with and ugh, can be a knife to your incel heart. But yes women age. If we want to stay on the topic of her looks though, she was looking pretty good on 4th of July.

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit...

Not only is your reply really dumb but randomly calling someone an incel for no reason is basically calling them alt-right or Gamergater.

Last edited: