• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm sorry but no. We're speaking about a worldwide known director, probably the most powerful of them, using his power to make a young actress who's at the beginning of her career, comply and satsify his personal sexual fetish.

Just swap feet for boobs and see what the case looks like. Feet are just as personal and sexual as boobs.
I think the most telling thing about your post is how inconsequential the perspective of the women involved really is. It doesn't actually matter that the woman in the case in the OP doesn't actually give any indication that she felt victimized or coerced. It doesn't matter that Krueger thought that Tarantino handled the choking scene respectfully and had nothing but praise for how she was treated on set. It doesn't matter that Thurman and Tarantino have made amends.

Don't let the actual people involved get in the way of a good canceling, eh?

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
You don't consider a woman being uncomfortable fulfilled a sexual fetish for their boss is a red flag?

This is a rather intense escalation. You could be right, and I'll keep my mind open to that, but there's simply not enough here at the moment to bring it beyond a benignly self-deprecating joke about her feet.

On the other hand...

Holy crow, that's your take away from all of this? Think your spending too much time on resetera.

These obnoxious brain dead takes, and there are A LOT of them here as drive-by posts, are infuriating. If you're not interested in going beyond a surface level discussion of the media you consume, particularly the impact said media may have on others not like you, there is NO SHORTAGE of other forums you can FOH to.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry but no. We're speaking about a worldwide known director, probably the most powerful of them, using his power to make a young actress who's at the beginning of her career, comply and satsify his personal sexual fetish.

Just swap feet for boobs and see what the case looks like. Feet are just as personal and sexual as boobs.
Just because he has a foot fetish doesn't mean this shot was a result of his fetish. It's a more interesting shot and she doesn't feel pressured for his fetish.
She's just ashamed of her feet. Not in a traumatic serious way. And even if he has a foot fetish, that doesn't mean he gets off on all feet. Maybe he also thinks her feet are ugly. His fetish doesn't seem to play a part here.

Doesn't mean he's not a creep and hasn't done shit in the past but also doesn't mean you have to actively search and transform meaningless stuff into things they are not. We have enough real problems to worry about.

Feet are just as sexual as boobs? Okay. What about hands, lips, legs, hair, eyes?

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
I think the most telling thing about your post is how inconsequential the perspective of the women involved really is. It doesn't actually matter that the woman in the case in the OP doesn't actually give any indication that she felt victimized or coerced. It doesn't matter that Krueger thought that Tarantino handled the choking scene respectfully and had nothing but praise for how she was treated on set. It doesn't matter that Thurman and Tarantino have made amends.

Don't let the actual people involved get in the way of a good canceling, eh?

Didn't I mention Kruger perspective ?

They made amends because Thurman spoke about the situation publicly and Tarantino felt the heat coming at him. He nearly killed her, inflicted her permanent damage to her body, retain the proof for 15 years and protected Weinstein for decades.

Funny you didn't mention Tarantino defending Polanski and shitting on his victim.

Tarantino is a creep, a shit person and always had been.

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just say it directly you think women are too stupid to realise they're being abused, and that they need good guys like you to protect them.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't I mention Kruger perspective ?

They made amends because Thurman spoke about the situation publicly and Tarantino felt the heat coming at him. He nearly killed her, inflicted her permanent damage to her body, retain the proof for 15 years and protected Weinstein for decades.

Funny you didn't mention Tarantino defending Polanski and shitting on his victim.
You mentioned Kruger's perspective in quotations and then subsequently painted it as inconsequential.

With regards to the Thurman accident, though Tarantino takes full responsibility for the accident, Thurman doesn't seem to place blame on Tarantino for the efforts to withhold footage of the accident.

And I didn't mention Polanski because I was referencing women Tarantino has had direct interactions with that you cited, and how you don't actually care much about their experiences or perspective. A view that I stand by.

I agree though that Tarantino's defense of Polanski is pathetic.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
And I didn't mention Polanski because I was referencing women Tarantino has had direct interactions with that you cited, and how you don't actually care much about their experiences or perspective. A view that I stand by.

So I spoke about those problems nobody else mentioned on this thread so far, but I don't care about those women ? Yeah, sure, keep throwing accusations at me, you're going straight into my ignore list.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
User warned: inflammatory and inappropriate speculation
Just say it directly you think women are too stupid to realise they're being abused, and that they need good guys like you to protect them.

Uma Thurman nearly died man. It's even worse than abuse at this point. The accident could have been prevented easily if Tarantino actually cared about Thurman safety, which he clearly didn't.

Also, tin foil hat, but that has probably nothing to do with the fact that his good friend Weinstein wanted to force his way into Thurman and she pushed him back, many times, before the accident happen. Because Weinstein and Tarantino are actually decent human beings that are far above those things, right (/s) ?

trineo_feo

Oct 27, 2017

This post is blowing my mind. I don't know how most of you get through your day with this kind of mindset.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Is this person now actively speculating that Tarantino wanted to kill Uma Thurman?

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So....now we went from an actress who was selfconscious about her feet to a plot to kill Thurman because of Weinstein.

Oh Era....

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
This post is blowing my mind. I don't know how most of you get through your day with this kind of mindset.

If this post is blowing your mind, I wonder how you get through your day with that kind of mindset.

Me, I'm doing fine, it doesn't take much to actually consider status/financial power play a big role in social interraction, especially in the movie industry where career can be killed instantly if you speak too much or say no to certain stuff.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just because he has a foot fetish doesn't mean this shot was a result of his fetish. It's a more interesting shot and she doesn't feel pressured for his fetish.
She's just ashamed of her feet. Not in a traumatic serious way. And even if he has a foot fetish, that doesn't mean he gets off on all feet. Maybe he also thinks her feet are ugly. His fetish doesn't seem to play a part here.

Doesn't mean he's not a creep and hasn't done shit in the past but also doesn't mean you have to actively search and transform meaningless stuff into things they are not. We have enough real problems to worry about.

Feet are just as sexual as boobs? Okay. What about hands, lips, legs, hair, eyes?

This shot by itself, no. This shot as one of MANY in the film, yeah...

Not saying that he forced her to doing this scene or anything like that, but those scenes really stand out in that movie if you know about his thing for feet

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Forcing someone to do something they're uncomfortable with is never okay, no matter if it's just a foot, or anything. Tarantino does this all the time and has NO regard for his actors' feelings or safety.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Forcing someone to do something they're uncomfortable with is never okay, no matter if it's just a foot, or anything. Tarantino does this all the time and has NO regard for his actors' feelings or safety.

Doesn't really jive that the biggest actors in the world continue to work with him on multiple films. Those sets must be hellish indeed.

Last edited:

trineo_feo

Oct 27, 2017
If this post is blowing your mind, I wonder how you get through your day with that kind of mindset.

Me, I'm doing fine, it doesn't take much to actually consider status/financial power play a big role in social interraction, especially in the movie industry where career can be killed instantly if you speak too much or say no to certain stuff.
My point was more like: if you think feet are as sexual as boobs, you must be having a tough life. Sorry about that.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I can't help but feel like it's less that and more feeling the need to be ultra-woke as a means to fit in and be part of something. Either way, it's all a little disturbing.

trineo_feo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a foot fetish myself, but it's a common kink.

There's more to sexuality than ass and boobs.
There are also kink about lips, ears or elbows. I'm still not sure that your point is.
I'm guessing you are also against nude scenes on films, because surely the director is going to get aroused filming them, so he/she must be taking advantage of the actor/actress in question?

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I can't help but feel like it's less that and more feeling the need to be ultra-woke as a means to fit in and be part of something. Either way, it's all a little disturbing.
It's very disturbing. I wonder if these people have issue with their own conscience for them to react this way.

Margaret Qualley has no idea that what she said was translated in this way by a bunch of complete nutcases.
Seriously people. This is disturbing. To be able to read people so wrongly is dangerous.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Her feet actually look quite normal to me. Trying to convince someone that they're being unnecessarily self conscious shouldn't be equated to sexual harassment.

Of course there might be more to it but I kind of doubt it would then be revealed through a late night show anecdote

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Wow. I came in this thread ready to say the feet scene was nothing really. Weird hippy girl put her feet up against the glass. Was really nothing extreme or sexual about it. I can see why she wouldn't be cool with her feet, a lot of people are like leave my feet out of this! But it wasnt anything crazy he made her do.

And then.. there is this thread so... yeah I dunno folks

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Trolling a serious discussion, previously warned for the same
I watched this movie last night and when this scene came on, I closed my eyes. I refuse to disrespect someone's wishes like that.

There was a scene of Margot Robbie's feet too which caught me by surprise and made me physically ill knowing that Tarantino likely thought about threatening her career if she didn't allow it.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I saw it last night, came into this thread and browsed a bit before watching the video and I couldn't even think of what the scene was until someone mentioned it.

Frankly there's a much more offensive foot scene,
Margot Robbie puts her bare feet up on the seat in front of her at a movie theater. In public!

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I watched this movie last night and when this scene came on, I closed my eyes. I refuse to disrespect someone's wishes like that.

There was a scene of Margot Robbie's feet too which caught me by surprise and made me physically ill knowing that Tarantino likely thought about threatening her career if she didn't allow it.
Man, when you get so woke you hurt yourself.

Margot Robbie has done nude scenes but I bet you weren't ill then.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
It's one thing for him to let his fetish bleed over into his work but it's another when certain people doing these scenes seem like they aren't comfortable with it but they still end up in the film. It just makes me think he uses his position as one of the most respected names in the medium in a power dynamic with these actors.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017

Weird but sure.

So we just assuming this shit now when there are no reports Tarantino has ever done anything like this at all?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I truly hope this is a genuine comment, this thread is gold.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

good god hahahaha

Oct 25, 2017

LMAO

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

This is like suggesting it's ok to sexually assault a woman because she's had sex before. The fuck you doing?
The fuck

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018

That's a good copy pasta. Right?

Right?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Who tf put's their feet in the middle of the dash like that anyway?

Oh my god. Thanks for the laugh, bud.