• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A bit early but I'm mentioning it now because it's a big undertaking.

Last year I thought the concept of a WWE WM Weekend OT and a non-WWE WM Weekend OT worked well, so I want to do that again. Difference is I guess I'll do both this time as I seem to be the de facto OT maker now. lol

So, this is a call. If anyone has a WM Weekend indie show they are particularly excited about and want to write a little blurb or preview to go in the OT, just let me know. Like last year I want to touch on a little of everything, so anyone taking a show or two off my plate will help.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Elimination Chamber OT for our remaining WWE hooligans

www.resetera.com

WWE Elimination Chamber 2020 |OT| Certainly a PPV that is happening on March 8th (7PM ET/4PM PT)

Yeah, this is a PPV. It's happening today. It's kinda just a collection of matches thrown together on short notice and a Chamber match everyone knows the winner of. Alas, the card! Elimination Chamber to determine the #1 Contender for Becky Lynch's Raw Women's Championship: Natalya vs. Liv...

I'm off tonight might poke around

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I will admit I'm curious who the sixth woman will be. Could it be someone from NXT? I remember reading a recap of Smackdown and it mentioned Bayley said that no one could beat her or Sasha. No past superstar, no present superstar, and no future superstar.

If so I could see it being Bianca, or if they want to go completely out of left field, maybe Io considering both Bayley and Sasha have taken a couple of shots at her over the past couple of months in interviews.

PEYTON ROYCE!!!!

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Shida's spirit still hasn't been crushed by Tony Khan's disinterest in making sure the women's division is booked competently and featured.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
Wish there was a way to buy Joshi tracksuits
ESjr_HNUYAENlKg

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Sexism. Previously banned for dismissive and inflammatory commentary.

Shida's spirit still hasn't been crushed by Tony Khan's disinterest in making sure the women's division is booked competently and featured.

I'm kind of glad the women's division isn't prominently featured. It leaves more time for the better wrestlers, some of whom barely get time as it is.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
on this blessed International Women's Day let's hear from some wrestling legends

Oct 8, 2019
I'm kind of glad the women's division isn't prominently featured. It leaves more time for the better wrestlers, some of whom barely get time as it is.

Wow you just really went out and said that

"You shouldn't promote women's matches because they aren't as good as the men" leads to the women not being able to wrestle and therefore not improve which leads to "You shouldn't promote women's matches because they aren't as good as the men".

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
love to do a sexism on IWD

anyway I'm a couple months behind on Stardom but it's nice to see Natsuko cope with Kagetsu and Hazuki's retirements by becoming an undead pirate

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
RBH Guzim NinjaScooter

ass biz

www.instagram.com

𝘚𝘈𝘋𝘐𝘌 𝘎𝘐𝘉𝘉𝘚 🇬🇧 on Instagram: "Interesting fact for you all #FISH 🐟 LOVE love ... #BANANAS 🍌 ! #experiences #pigislandkohsamui #wildlife #nature"

2,394 likes, 28 comments - thesadiegibbs on March 8, 2020: "Interesting fact for you all #FISH 🐟 LOVE love ... #BANANAS 🍌 ! #experiences #pigislandkohs..."
Some day, your phone is going to be confiscated at work

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

Eh, at least she's optimistic that the women will eventually be a big part of AEW. That being said, AEW's track record with their women's division is very shaky at best, so she's probably going to be waiting a year or two before that ever happens at the very minimum.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RBH Guzim NinjaScooter

ass biz

www.instagram.com

𝘚𝘈𝘋𝘐𝘌 𝘎𝘐𝘉𝘉𝘚 🇬🇧 on Instagram: "Interesting fact for you all #FISH 🐟 LOVE love ... #BANANAS 🍌 ! #experiences #pigislandkohsamui #wildlife #nature"

2,394 likes, 28 comments - thesadiegibbs on March 8, 2020: "Interesting fact for you all #FISH 🐟 LOVE love ... #BANANAS 🍌 ! #experiences #pigislandkohs..."
She says fish love bananas but she servin em peaches

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
AEW listens to their fans so if they want it it's gonna happen
Of course, but I don't see it ever happening. Because the demand isn't there, probably due to the fact that AEW lacks a big name for the women's division. Maybe it could happen if Sasha, Bayley, Kairi, Io, or Asuka jump ship (those are the names I would think would be the first to jump ship from WWE if they had a chance to make it big in AEW), but they desperately need a big name they can build around, similar to how they built the men's division around Mox, Jericho, and Cody. Losing Kylie Rae hurt them.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
WWE blackballed Starr?

Didn't Starr break character and cut a promo after his loss at wXw and talk about how all wrestlers need to get together and form a union? Because that wouldn't just rub WWE the wrong way. That would rub a lot of promotions the wrong way. Most western promotions are very anti-union. Not just WWE.

Last edited:

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, but I don't see it ever happening. Because the demand isn't there, probably due to the fact that AEW lacks a big name for the women's division. Maybe it could happen if Sasha, Bayley, Kairi, Io, or Asuka jump ship (those are the names I would think would be the first to jump ship from WWE if they had a chance to make it big in AEW), but they desperately need a big name they can build around, similar to how they built the men's division around Mox, Jericho, and Cody. Losing Kylie Rae hurt them.

They need to book properly/develop what they have, sign some veterans (someone who can work on the heel side and be there every week is really needed) along with some high-upside folks they can develop into stars, and sign some key free agents when they become available.

The "developing superstars" thing is going to be a longer project, but they're not really that far away from having a solid division.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
They need to book properly/develop what they have, sign some veterans (someone who can work on the heel side and be there every week is really needed) along with some high-upside folks they can develop into stars, and sign some key free agents when they become available.

The "developing superstars" thing is going to be a longer project, but they're not really that far away from having a solid division.
AEW definitely doesn't have the advantage WWE did, where they developed the pieces for a stronger women's division in NXT while the Divas were still working the main roster.

AEW have to develop an entire division on their one live show a week. It's no surprise it's taking so long. AEW finally letting more people work indie dates on their time off will hopefully speed things up a little.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad saying this, as all the currently co-opted promotions are full of good people who just want to put on the best shows they can, but if it wasn't crystal clear before it absolutely should be by now; you can't give WWE an inch. If you're a fan of indie wrestling, or wrestling in general free from Vince's megalomaniacal grasp, don't support those cunts and don't support anyone they've aligned themselves with. Support those who bet on themselves and stand in the face of WWE's homogenised vision of Sports Entertainment that makes mockery of Professional Wrestling far more than any dickflip, stunt show, deathmatch, comedy spot ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.