• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking, is there any chance that Big E's injury is lighter than what we thought and he comes at mania strapping the neck holder and giving the beatdown to Sheamus team? Feels weird to announce a 3 VS 2 (although Butch is supposed to be outside the ring)

I could see him coming out to do the "AWWWW WRESTLEMANIA" bit in his neck brace and getting a pop but no, absolutely nothing physical.

Dave Meltzer's office is the gift that keeps on giving

Psce0Yc.jpg
Hey, it's tidier than it used to be, right?

9tzy4nam1wy61.jpg

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
from a James Storm interview with Fightful:

When Chris Harris went to WWE, the two went their separate ways, and there was bad blood between the two. That stemmed from Harris going to WWE without Storm, who had a year left on his deal. Storm claims that WWE wanted them both, and Harris was warned by TNA higher ups to not go without Storm. In all, Storm couldn't blame him for wanting to go, but thinks it would have went different if they both went. Storm had a "Best of Braden Walker" collection DVD and had Chris sign it.

Oct 27, 2017
Keep everything up to Ronda/Flair, move Raw's tag match behind it

Then cut everything else (sorry sheamus ) and that's a solid one night card

The other 8 matches (8!) are the drizzling shits.

It's not going to be the "worst" Wrestlemania, but the shows definitely have potential to be the most "boring" Wrestlemania.
And for some reason I keep thinking the Cody match still isn't happening. Its such a shitty storyline for him to premiere on. He's just a dude Vince called in to keep Seth happy.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Vince bringing Cody sounds lame, although I can't see any other way of introduce him on the same day than Wrestlemania

The best idea was to have Cody coming uninvited to RAW saying that he needs to win the belt that his dad never won or something

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Every confirmed match for Wrestlemania
3HzvCge.jpg

fuck me, they changed AJ vs Edge to Sunday? Saturday was packed and Sunday was meh, now both are meh with an interesting match inside.

Matches in order of personal interest:

- Edge vs AJ Styles
- Becky vs Bianca
- Whatever Austin does
- Rollins vs Vacant
- Roman vs Brock
- Knoxville vs Zayn
Everything else.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
So Seth loses three matches in three weeks in an attempt to get onto Wrestlemania, and then his threat to hijack Raw is resolved in a tweet...and this is the story Cody wants to return to? Seth looks like such a chump it would make more sense for Doink to be who Vince surprises him with.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So Seth loses three matches in three weeks in an attempt to get onto Wrestlemania, and then his threat to hijack Raw is resolved in a tweet...and this is the story Cody wants to return to? Seth looks like such a chump it would make more sense for Doink to be who Vince surprises him with.

Watch it be The Undertaker and squashes Rollins. No Cody until the Raw After Mania.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Coming in as Vince's hand-picked guy to fight Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania is 100% in line with what Vince thinks a mega push is.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
I can bet there will be a fake out on mania, and seth kills whoever and Cody comes out right after.
Rick O'Shea comes out, loses the belt to Rollins in 5 minutes.

Vince announces he has another opponent for Rollins, and he is to defend the belt RIGHT NOW.

WAAAAAAA OOOOHHHH

Cody beats Seth, brings back the classic belt because he's a mark for those things.

7aI7l0d.jpg

Cody and Seth feud for 8 months after.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
feeling more and more like vince dropped his involvement with the pat mcafee/austin theory angle completely to be a part of the cody angle

congrats to cody for being plucked out of obscurity to work mania thanks to papa vince

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Rick O'Shea comes out, loses the belt to Rollins in 5 minutes.

Vince announces he has another opponent for Rollins, and he is to defend the belt RIGHT NOW.

WAAAAAAA OOOOHHHH

Cody beats Seth, brings back the classic belt because he's a mark for those things.

7aI7l0d.jpg

Cody and Seth feud for 8 months after.

Funny but that feels like actually doing something with the IC belt, so it's impossible to happen

Oct 27, 2017
The world needs more Scott Steiner promos

There's a segment on an old TNA episode where Scott ambushes someone and shouts "I'm not a hard man to find!" dozens of times while beating up the guy. Can't remember who. I remember it being hilarious at the time but haven't seen it since.

He just kept saying it.
Steiner seemed like he was having a lot of fun on TNA.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
The Becky vs Bianca feud has to end with a Hair Vs Hair match after their angle last night. They can actually have something interesting for Backlash if they do this.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Wait, people complain that Bianca Vs Becky isn't the main event during the night that SCSA returns to the ring? Come on now lol

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, people complain that Bianca Vs Becky isn't the main event during the night that SCSA returns to the ring? Come on now lol
It hasn't been promoted as a match but a confrontation. I wasn't that excited for it but it being the main event almost makes me think they are going to have a full on match. Hell, Stone Cold might be getting ready to have a comeback.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Considering it's in Texas, there's a high chance that fans would be shitting what ever would be following Austin's return.
Which tells quite a bit about the product, but in general I think in these circumstances it'll be the right move.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ending a mania night with your standard Stone Cold legends pop raw segment, a bold original move

Maybe they should just have Owens destroy him, full on apron power bomb, put Kev in the microwave and reheat him to a credible main ev-pfft hahah, I crack myself up, WWE establishing more main eventers ahhh *wipes tear*

I can bet there will be a fake out on mania, and seth kills whoever and Cody comes out right after.
Carmella gonna get sent out for the heat again like at summerslamn, poor girl.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Cody going to use his AEW theme? it has been meme'd so much that would feel weird without it

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Until Cody, I just assumed Ronda and Charlotte were main eventing night 1.

The fact that it's 2 nights now and you still can't pick a womans match to be one of the main events is pathetic but it's WWE so that's about what I expected.

How is Stone Cold coming back for an interview segment with a geek like Kevin Owens because GRR TEXAS a 'main event'?

And yeah, 100% fake out for Seth's opponent only for ZOMG CODY to show up after him so the crowd who were deflated suddenly pop hard. THE GUY WE WERE CHANTING FOR IS ACTUALLY HERE WOO! *rolleyes*

Just like we're guaranteed the first interview segment he has on Raw involves someone saying "You were a big fish in a small pond, welcome back to the big leagues!" dig at AEW for no reason. GUARANTEED!

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
Are there really not going to be either IC or US Title matches on this card...WWE is just so bad at showcasing their titles and making them feel important.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH

The fact that it's 2 nights now and you still can't pick a womans match to be one of the main events is pathetic but it's WWE so that's about what I expected.

How is Stone Cold coming back for an interview segment with a geek like Kevin Owens because GRR TEXAS a 'main event'?

And yeah, 100% fake out for Seth's opponent only for ZOMG CODY to show up after him so the crowd who were deflated suddenly pop hard. THE GUY WE WERE CHANTING FOR IS ACTUALLY HERE WOO! *rolleyes*

Just like we're guaranteed the first interview segment he has on Raw involves someone saying "You were a big fish in a small pond, welcome back to the big leagues!" dig at AEW for no reason. GUARANTEED!
Vince is also petty enough to sign Cody to a big deal, promise him the world.. and then just absolutely bury him.

It's just money... Vince will make more. But the opportunity to bury ANOTHER Rhodes? THAT, is priceless

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Bianca and Sasha main evented night one last year (and it was fantastic too)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Cody is actually gonna debut at the end of NXT 2.0 not takeover as the next challenger to retaining champion Dolph Ziggler
Welcome to the big leagues promo still included

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Cody is actually gonna debut at the end of NXT 2.0 not takeover as the next challenger to retaining champion Dolph Ziggler
Welcome to the big leagues promo still included

Remember that promo about beating the development brand and that now he was onto something bigger? Maybe he's actually going for NXT 2.0 to beat Dynamite back.

Oct 27, 2017
Correct. And both titles are on talent that are incredibly exciting to watch.
But hey.. Sheamus and Ridge Holland get a match.. that's something.. right??

They could totally put a Ricochet vs Balor title for title match on the card and it would be amazing. Would've main evented a NJPW a few years ago. But like you said, Ridge Holland deserved a Wrestlemania match to redeem himself from almost killing Big E.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Guys this ultimate X is gonna be insane this friday on April 1st. We need it in the new thread ot.

Rich Swann
Vincent
Trey Miguel
Jordynne Grace
Chris Bey
And BLAKE CHRISTIAN REPLACING WILLIE MACK!