• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

This has to be one of the most idiotic and/or blatant attempts at sucking up that I have ever seen.

WWE has been consistently considered to be boring or worse, offensively bad for years now. Stories there are routinely founded on 50/50 booking for no rhyme or reason.

Continually putting 2 Wrestlers against each other with no end game in sight doesn't make a story, it's just repeating the same shit over and over again.

Is AEW perfect? No, they have their issues but on the whole I can't imagine anyone who isn't a WWE fanboy thinking they have good stories.

The main reason WWE is successful is because they already are an established name that has been around since the 70s and had worldwide TV shows for around 30 years. Yo the average person, WWE is wrestling and for any other company to get close to WWE now, after WWE essentially consolidated all of the mainstream attention, is a miracle.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
this is the ultimate derp brain take that you see non stop from all the vincels

"Sure AEW has better matches, but they can't tell stories! It's just a bunch of moves!"

as if one week of AEW TV doesn't outclass a year of WWE tv in both storytelling and workrate
'But…but ALL THE PROFITS and they have the casuals'

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

"Sure AEW has better matches, but they can't tell stories! It's just a bunch of moves!"

as if one week of AEW TV doesn't outclass a year of WWE tv in both storytelling and workrate

"I want a talk show at Wrestlemania!"
"No, I want a talk show at Wrestlemania!"
"FIGHT YOU FOR IT!"

Dostoevsky could only dream.

To be fair, one of the basics of short stories is having a character who wants something, so this fits that at least. But it's still shit.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA

But WWE spends 95% of it's 12 hours of Raw every week telling the compelling story of an Egyptian egg stolen by Pizza Hut between the handful of 2 minute squashes they book 50/50.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania

It's funny coming from the guy who hired Bret and didn't use him for months even though his story potential was through the roof in WCW after the screw job. They could've had Bret out there shooting right out of the gate and they sat on him only to have him be a special ref when he did debut finally. Bischoff fucking sucks and he always had.

Haven't reacted yet but RIP to the bad guy, I'm a kliq guy 4 life.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Bucks are great performers. I really don't care for their promos or out of ring antics.
Yeah great matches but I don't watch or follow anything else they do as it doesn't do anything for me. That said though they've been one of greatest of all times for so long its undeniable they are THE greatest tag team of all time.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Imagine being hired by WWE and moving your family/life etc to a whole other place only for them just to a couple of weeks later after you not even getting to do anything being fired by WWE in what turned out to just be a scape-goat move to allow them to be able to distract investors worried about dropping ratings with "Don't worry we fired the guy causing it!".

Imagine being that guy and still kissing the companies ass because your pal Bruce got back in Vince's britches by sucking up so maybe it'll happen to me too and I can go back to them!

That's Eric Bischoff, the guy that was happy to be involved in AEW when they were the ones cutting the cheque.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Bischoff has always been a loser to the point where I question how much influence he actually had with WCW creatively. Dude is so full of shit half the time and conveniently seems to only take credit for the "good" ideas in WCW ever.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Honestly, I think it's two things

One is a generational matter. Meaning, there's people who are just left behind and can't get what's going on now.

The other is that, honestly, I don't think Eric actually watches stuff. Anyone that actually watches both things, tries to get a grasp of what's happening, will see how fucked up WWE storytelling is right now, and how better is AEW at it. The main problem AEW has right now is that it's still a bit hard to get into it the minute you start watching, because there so many people involved, so many stuff happening at the same time, that you need to watch for at least a month to truly be on board.

RE: The Veer and Cody and who's coming first. I'm damn confident in that both debuts will happen simultaneously. There will be some shenanigans, someone will come, audience will be hyped, and Veer will come out and the crowd will go mild. Then Cody will appear and kill Veer. It's the most WWE thing to do to destroy any chance for Veer to get over while introducing a returning star.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why is Bisch sucking up to the WWE anyway? Didnt they threw him under the bus pretty fast last time they hired him?

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
www.ewrestlingnews.com

Riddle, Karrion Kross & More Donate To QAnon Referee Drake Wuertz's Political Campaign

Wuertz stormed out of a meeting ahead of NXT TakeOver: In Your House 2020 when Triple H said all colors and religions are accepted.

List of wrestlers who donated to Drake Wuertz: Riddle, Kross, Elias, Bobby Fish, Oney Lorcan, and Jimmy Jacobs
The ones I'm surprised about Riddle and Jimmy Jacobs. I guess they're 'helping a friend in the business' (which is a lame excuse).

The ex-referee stormed out of a meeting of all NXT talent ahead of TakeOver: In Your House 2020 when Triple H said that people of all colors and religions were welcomed as part of the brand.

You'd have to be a complete asshole if you refuse to work with people who are different than you.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
The ones I'm surprised about Riddle and Jimmy Jacobs. I guess they're 'helping a friend in the business' (which is a lame excuse).

You'd have to be a complete asshole if you refuse to work with people who are different than you.

This is why Io Shirai calling Drake Wuertz a "shit for brains" puts her strongly in a lot of fans favorite wrestler lists.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
This is how I picture the Cody in WWE debut happening (if it does)..

on a side note I just had to google who the commentators where. I thought it was McAfee and Cole lol.

Smith: OH MY GOD!! He's here! CODY RHODES HAS COME HOME!!
Graves: Jimmy that ain't Cody Rhodes brother. That is John Cena's half brother Jon Sena. Hustle. Respect.

Oct 29, 2017
If4
Bischoff has always been a loser to the point where I question how much influence he actually had with WCW creatively. Dude is so full of shit half the time and conveniently seems to only take credit for the "good" ideas in WCW ever.
Remember, Bischoff's greatest skill was seeing what worked with New Japan and AAA and putting it on his show. AAA was the first company using the wrestling smorgasbord styled shows.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
www.ewrestlingnews.com

Riddle, Karrion Kross & More Donate To QAnon Referee Drake Wuertz's Political Campaign

Wuertz stormed out of a meeting ahead of NXT TakeOver: In Your House 2020 when Triple H said all colors and religions are accepted.

List of wrestlers who donated to Drake Wuertz: Riddle, Kross, Elias, Bobby Fish, Oney Lorcan, and Jimmy Jacobs

Just saw this on Twitter:

Reading more of the replies, it seems that Drake may have been peddling money from more than just Biff and not telling them it was going to a political fundraiser, which is grounds for legal action.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Who's ready to Control Their Narrative.

No Superkicks or Canadian Destroyers might be the best thing about this promotion

FN-tC_wWUAEjFZT