• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
Who in the blue hell is Commander Azeez
A very tall guy.

While I don't doubt that Vince was furiously masturbating to the thought of two huge guys fighting, I don't think they're good enough to have a Mania match / #WrestlemaniaMoment so of course they just did a two minute match on RAW. The boss needs SOMETHING after saying yes to Ricochet main eventing Smackdown lol

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still feel the most plausible scenario is Vince doing all this teasing fully aware that Cody isnt coming

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

When you think about it, it makes perfect sense for Cody to want to go to WWE. It seems the one thing he truly wants is to be is a beloved babyface. AEW audience turned on him considerably and it seems he truly didn't want to turn heel. I could see them saving him as a surprise debut at mania. Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins vs Stone Cold and Cody Rhodes in an impromptu match makes too much sense.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I don't think there are almost any AEW watchers here tuning in to watch 3 hours of Raw in hopes of seeing Cody Rhodes.

…are there? 👀

I feel most are in the same camp I'm in and are mostly waiting for the social media video drop, or hate themselves for tuning into Raw for any amount of time at all. Said it above, but I tuned in for literally 3-5 seconds before noping out.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there are almost any AEW watchers here tuning in to watch 3 hours of Raw in hopes of seeing Cody Rhodes.

…are there? 👀

I feel most are in the same camp I'm in and are mostly waiting for the social media video drop, or hate themselves for tuning into Raw for any amount of time at all. Said it above, but I tuned in for literally 3-5 seconds before noping out.
I tuned in last night for a hot second and it was sensory overload, turned it off in less than two minutes. It was during the KO and Seth segment and it was insufferable. I can wait for the social media drop and the online clips, if it happens.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
People watching WWE for Cody when the same company built up The Rock and delivered a literal egg like four months ago.

FN2-etMXMAguoEG

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

When you think about it, it makes perfect sense for Cody to want to go to WWE. It seems the one thing he truly wants is to be is a beloved babyface. AEW audience turned on him considerably and it seems he truly didn't want to turn heel. I could see them saving him as a surprise debut at mania. Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins vs Stone Cold and Cody Rhodes in an impromptu match makes too much sense.

If he debuts, I expect it to be at the Raw after mania

Oct 8, 2019
AEW Fans: We don't care about Rhodes leaving, he really isn't a draw or why we tune in

Also AEW Fans: *Tuning into RAW to watch Cody debut for weeks*

I just think its because Cody was by far the most anti-WWE guy while Kenny Omega clearly didnt give a shit, and the Young Bucks did some stuff in the leadup to AEW but really didnt push it, while Cody has also been in your face, so people just want to laugh at Cody Rhodes coming crawling back to WWE so they want to see him get humiliated because Tony Khan took over the booking.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017

…are there? 👀

I was contemplating tuning in for the first time in over 10 years for the full show, but was quickly talked out of it by 2 posters on this thread 😆.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Okay, so I'm listening to the Fightful review and there ARE people who are upset that WWE keeps teasing Cody but isn't delivering him.

…What did you expect? LOL It's a company using fan hype to their advantage.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

…are there? 👀

Not even for a second. I check social media.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Watching WWE just to see Cody is an American Nightmare.

I'll stick to twitter or random youtube recommendations.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
The Bucks and Kenny jump to the Fed. Be honest…THAT makes you watch Raw doesn't it? If anything for morbid curiosity…

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The Bucks and Kenny jump to the Fed. Be honest…THAT makes you watch Raw doesn't it? If anything for morbid curiosity…

It'd be interesting because I don't think The Bucks would fit well in WWE.

I'd see Kenny doing an AJ Styles type of run for a bit then,... going AJ Styles as of lately lol

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be interesting because I don't think The Bucks would fit well in WWE.

I'd see Kenny doing an AJ Styles type of run for a bit then,... going AJ Styles as of lately lol

I feel is for the best for Kenny to have an Aj Styles run in the WWE only because I think he must considerable tone down his style, but I don't feel like Kenny really wants that to be honest, specially since he can retire and be a booker coach for women in AEW

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Kenny loves wrestling and seeing people succeed. WWE would be a bad place for him, although I think he could have a pretty great in-ring run.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Veer is going to debut with a dancing gimmick right?

Btw, storyline wise, how are they going to introduce Cody in a way that makes sense to have him fight against Seth? isnt like they had much story in the ring together, and the other scenario is making Seth standing up for WWE against all the shitting that Cody did in the past, which isnt happening

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Kenny loves wrestling and seeing people succeed. WWE would be a bad place for him, although I think he could have a pretty great in-ring run.
According to Kenny himself, he stated that going to WWE is where you end your career. The way WWE dilutes the character of the talent (Butch and Gunther), they will do they same to Omega, and that's not something I think Kenny wants.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
If that's the case the extension might not even take that long because she remained an on-screen character with The Way for most of her pregnancy. They wouldn't be able to argue she was inactive.

Also I don't think they can freeze a contract retroactively (and SRS said that they never did it)

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I never liked the Young Bucks before AEW but they have become one of the most exciting acts in wrestling, just need Kenny to return so we can have the Elite vs Cole's faction.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Bucks are definitely in contention as one of the greatest tag teams of all time. And I hated them just a few years ago. Their work in AEW is undeniable. Just on a completely different level than everyone else.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Bucks are great performers. I really don't care for their promos or out of ring antics.