• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Guess instead of $50mil for a match, Austin's settling for something like $10mil to cut a promo and hit a stunner on KO.

Sure, it'll be a glorified Raw segment, but Austin's last one (the Eric Andre show segment with Byron during the first pandemic Raw) was excellent.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
It's incredibly funny to me that we've potentially gone from "Cody and Austin will have matches at Wrestlemania!" to "Actually, Cody might not be signing at all, and Austin is gonna be part of a talking segment and will hit one stunner."

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna call it now: Roman will beat Brock in under five minutes. Dominating fashion ala Brock/Cena.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm three days behind in wrestling time, shit, we're talking raw now?
I only just checked Revolution.

Quick lapsed man thoughts

- 4 hour ppvs are too much for me right now, I gotta pick and choose here

- Enjoyed the triple threat tag match, the match gimmick is inherently flawed, but they made it work and even tried building something of a story piece around it, I mark for the express so yay

- as a filthy ladder spotfest connoisseur, that was solid. It reminded me of 2010's smackdown MitB match (christ, that's over a decade ago now) which had a hoss element and was structured to make the big man winner (in that case Kane) look strong. This match followed similar trends and not just because somehow Christian was in both.
Wardlow got the RUB, and it was good, he looked strong in victory, that's what you want obviously.
Having half the field be big meaty men was fun, it led to some creative little guys clambering up big guys spot in multiple ways, Orange's gimmick can be a bit tired for me seeing the same tropes pretty much every time I tune in, but it was fun seeing it applied to a ladder match.
Only real blemish was that one awkward bit where Wardlow cleans up and then...leaves the ring to slowly punch down on Lee n' Hobbs to set up the rather plodding movement to the stage spot.

- Call me a carny motherfucker, but I not so secretly love that AEW keeps the blading alive, Punk looking absolutely ravaged out there with Moxley not far behind, assuming that blades were involved

- Even as a fairweather viewer, seeing the long teased Wardlow turn finally go off was gratifying, yeah, that's the good shit

- Disappointed by Baker/Rosa, just felt like a kinda plodding tv match...a WWE tv match with all that "the ref is dumb as fuck" interference

- Absolutely marking out bro for William Regal, we are AENXT.
I don't know what the fan speculation is here, but I'm thinking it'd be fun if this does lead to Danielson's team up with Moxley dream, with Regal along as mediator.

- Oh fuck no, no, not Adam Cole main events! hopefully they got this out of their system and silently shift him back to upper midcard where he can have the much needed time cap on his matches. Cole for 12-15 minutes? I'm in! Cole for 20 plus? I'm so far out you would not believe it.
Actually you would because I've bee saying this since he first won the NXT title like two years ago or something.

Now, to read a Raw report and laugh

Oct 8, 2019
It's incredibly funny to me that we've potentially gone from "Cody and Austin will have matches at Wrestlemania!" to "Actually, Cody might not be signing at all, and Austin is gonna be part of a talking segment and will hit one stunner."

The time for one last match was against CM Punk like a decade ago, no I dont need to see anymore old wrestlers have matches.were they go over guys 20 years younger than them.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gedo booked Rosa/Baker

TK's intent on building AEW lore that has significant dates and locations. (One year later! In her hometown! At the same event!) If the cage match does happen next week and is awesome, most people will forget all about this in the retelling 5 years from now. But yeah, right now it feels disappointing to a good number of people, myself included. (Still think they can salvage it)

Last edited:

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
Call me a carny motherfucker, but I not so secretly love that AEW keeps the blading alive, Punk looking absolutely ravaged out there with Moxley not far behind, assuming that blades were involved

Punk gouged himself really hard two times, the first one right in front of the camera and the second time with his back to the hard cam (everybody sitting around me gasped when the blood came out by the buckets…).

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
TK's intent on building AEW lore that has significant dates and locations. (One year later! In her hometown! At the same event!) If the cage match does happen next week and is awesome, most people will forget all about this in the retelling 5 years from now. But yeah, right now it feels disappointing to a good number of people, myself included. (Still think they can salvage it)

TK loves that shit. I agree.. if the cage match rules then no one will remember.
My issue with the match was the length. If you know that is what you are doing you can tell that story really fast. That match should have been 5-7min tops. No need to drawl it out and then it end with a screw job. They will get the proper time with the Cage.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It kind of reminds me of the All out and hangman situation. The delay in him getting the title was quite frustrating at the time but he came back and they followed through and it was fine in the end.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Good promo, sounds like it can be some sort of "match" or brawl?
No, it's a KO Show promo segment that will end with a stunner, nothing he hasn't done several times in the last 19 years. They are being slightly vague with some wording that it will be more for promotion purposes, just like Brock's mystery opponent at MSG. This whole 19 years thing is just the newest Happy Corbin is undefeated and Charlotte has never tapped out

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Yeah, no idea why he mentions his match with The Rock and living with 19 years of losing when he's been back loads of times for appearances like this. Almost feels like this was filmed when they planned some sort of match.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no idea why he mentions his match with The Rock and living with 19 years of losing when he's been back loads of times for appearances like this. Almost feels like this was filmed when they planned some sort of match.
WWE desperatly wanted a match, this silly wording is the best they could get, so they are going with it

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing WWE acting like this is Austin's return match despite very obviously not being the case, I know it's promotional spin but it comes off as so desperate, like if they say it enough times Austin will change his mind and have a match. Same with how much WWE pushed for Rock at Survivor Series and he never showed up, it's so pathetic.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
As everything WWE related…that video looks over produced as hell but hey, good for Steve. Get that bag.

But after this and the hypothetical Rock v Reigns next year….that has to be it right? Other than Omega jumping ship there's no more 'dream matches' left.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
As everything WWE related…that video looks over produced as hell but hey, good for Steve. Get that bag.

But after this and the hypothetical Rock v Reigns next year….that has to be it right? Other than Omega jumping ship there's no more 'dream matches' left.
Brock vs The Tribal Chief at Wrestlemania: only 54 times in a lifetime.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017

Rock/HBK dream match goes back years and years of fans hoping. They could throw them both tons of money for a 1.5* match in Saudi Arabia.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Vince will give Austin an entire blood money payout to lose to Brock so he can finally have that over him.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I thought that promo was pretty good, until it got to the "I'm coming out of retirement....because you insulted TEXAS!!" part.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the promo was cameo tier, but the dude implied a match throughout and is he carny enough to deny fans that in his home state?

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen the guy yet but on WOR Dave and Bryan were really talking up Bron Breakker. Kurt Angle level prodigy, should eventually be a Roman Reigns level face of the company main eventer etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen the guy yet but on WOR Dave and Bryan were really talking up Bron Breakker. Kurt Angle level prodigy, should eventually be a Roman Reigns level face of the company main eventer etc.

He really is pretty great. Only started wrestling this past year but feels like he's been wrestling for ages. Also helps to have Rick and Scott Steiner as your family and main inspiration.

Look up some of his NXT matches on Peacock if you're able.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Is Zack Sabre Jr is Puerto Rico by any chance? If not then I just say his twin earlier today at the beach.