• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
La familia Edge is WOAT material for me, I struggle to think of a worse main event heel faction in WWE history.
Oh no, not bam neeley and chavo!

Somehow worse than JBL's cabinet, probably because at least there we didn't have "look maggle, it's the love of my life Vickie Guerrero!"

Okay so I wasn't watching when JBL was main eventing, but still!

I like to go back and peruse Wikipedia articles when it comes to stretches of time in wrestling

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Layfield
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_(wrestler)

Pros for JBL: Thanks to brand split PPVs, he isn't defending every month. A few memorable brutal matches. If nothing else, ended up crowning John Cena as the top guy. Also the last reign with the Undisputed belt, which I like.

Cons: No credibility whatsoever. Jinder Mahal levels of "wait this guy is a main eventer now?" The Cabinet was a total goober squad, at least Chavo had some name recognition and Ryder would go on to make a name for himself. The Cabinet had Orlando Jordan and the fucking Bashams.

Pros for Edge: Had credibility and was a recognized main eventer by that point. The matches against Taker were really good. Hell the matches in general were generally good.

Cons: Vickie Guerrero relationship shit. Hot potato booking. Had a match every month with no brand split ppvs so it looks like he faced Batista and Taker like a dozen times each. La Familia themselves were goobers. Feels like it had multiple moments that should've been the blowoff angle but instead it just kinda fizzled out.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it was here or reddit, but someone saying that CYN was going to make a great episode of Dark Side of the Ring gets more right by the day. That rant room thing is fucking nuts.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck happened to EC3 man. I remember when he was this comedic guy who had a great run on TNA. Just seeing this CYN stuff I just shake my head

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The lineup for Stardom New Blood on March 11 is out and its super-fun. Its great that they're brining in younger wrestlers from these other promotions.

Momo Kohgo (STARS) vs. Sayaka (Gatoh Move)

Unagi Sayaka & Waka Tsukiyama (COSMIC ANGELS) vs Maria & Ai Houzan (Marvelous)

Saya Kamitani & Lady C (Queen's Quest) vs MIRAI & Mai Sakurai (Donna del Mondo)

Hanan & Saya Iida (STARS) vs Tomoka Inaba & Aoi (JUST TAP OUT)

Starlight Kid & Ruaka (Oedo Tai) vs Haruka Umesaki & Nanami (Diana)

Main Event: Utami Hayashishita (Queen's Quest) vs Miyu Amasaki (Rookie)

Oct 8, 2019
The type of people who would seriously get excited about the rant room are exactly the type of people I would expect to buy tickets to a CYN show.

This whole thing reeks of desperation for money, "Hey you think I am a piece of shit? You think that Braun Strowman sucks at wrestling? Pay some money and you can tell us how much we suck for 3 minutes"

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
EC3 at his CYN shows listening to his fans scream slurs at him

axkexYv.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
cant wait for the 3 star machine AJ styles to do what he does best with edge, in a match that'll be promoted as the 7th…. No, 8th biggest match of the weekend

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
How easy is it to get into Stardom? I really want to watch the show KAIRI is coming back on.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW EC3 is on Fightful, a weekly show with SRS and denyining more or less every single thing in that reddit post

lol now SRS is grilling him over bringing in Aries and shit he's said on twitter

Last edited:

data west

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I've watched that CYN promo like 5 times. Not since the first Broken Matt Hardy promo have I gotten such ....enjoyment out of a promo.
fucking Braun making fuckboy faces at the camera, EC3 looking like some distanced dad trying to relate to his emo daughter, Killer kross looking like Killer Kross

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
How easy is it to get into Stardom? I really want to watch the show KAIRI is coming back on.

There's a decent chance the show will have English commentary but honestly Stardom's announcers aren't very good. Fundamentally, its wrestling so you'll be able to understand the basics and all of the stuff with KAIRI is on youtube with subtitles. You should know that the show won't be livestreamed on Stardom World, its a PPV and will be available on World three or four days later.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
The Wrestle Universe app isn't bad, but man, the buffering while using Chromecast is kinda ass. Gave up watching a full show on my TV.
I have zero buffering issues with Youtube, Fite TV, etcetera… so I don't think my network is the source of the problem.

Anyone else tried it?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

"EC3 tells a "joke" that if you used the promo code CYN on mypillow.com you will get "88%" off, then acts aloof to what 88 represents. When SRS says the number has nazi connotations EC3 gives a cartoonish "AWH GEEZ"

"In regards to speaking out, he said none of the talent have complained, and while he "hears the fans" EC3 says that he knows what false information can do to someone's career."

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
EC3 interview with SRS notes:

EC3 says that's everything in the reddit post is false and there are no investors. EC3 says that they have some type of streaming deal that will be announced "within the next two days."

Says they are giving anybody with a unique story the opportunity to tell their story.
EC3 says that Brian Cage will not be involved, and says Tessa Blanchard is also not part of CYN.

EC3 tells a "joke" that if you used the promo code CYN on mypillow.com you will get "88%" off, then acts aloof to what 88 represents. When SRS says the number has nazi connotations EC3 gives a cartoonish "AWH GEEZ".

Confirms that CYN is indeed inspired by Fight Club.
In response to booking Austin Aries he says that Aries took a sabbatical in Mexico and is now seeking redemption, and CYN is the perfect place to tell his story.

In regards to speaking out, he said none of the talent have complained, and while he "hears the fans" EC3 says that he knows what false information can do to someone's career.
Also he states that the Orlando show is sold out, and the Dallas tickets are moving "adequately" he says sales will pick up after the television announcement and matches are announced.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017

"EC3 tells a "joke" that if you used the promo code CYN on mypillow.com you will get "88%" off, then acts aloof to what 88 represents. When SRS says the number has nazi connotations EC3 gives a cartoonish "AWH GEEZ"

"In regards to speaking out, he said none of the talent have complained, and while he "hears the fans" EC3 says that he knows what false information can do to someone's career."
I know this is reprehensible, but laughed out loud when reading this. Is Mike Lindell back on drugs? What kind of joke is that?

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
There's a decent chance the show will have English commentary but honestly Stardom's announcers aren't very good. Fundamentally, its wrestling so you'll be able to understand the basics and all of the stuff with KAIRI is on youtube with subtitles. You should know that the show won't be livestreamed on Stardom World, its a PPV and will be available on World three or four days later.
I might sign up. I find it kind of hard to follow Stardom. I did watch the show they put out for free. I really liked Thekla and Tam Nakano.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
I might sign up. I find it kind of hard to follow Stardom. I did watch the show they put out for free. I really liked Thekla and Tam Nakano.
I've been able to get more familiar with Stardom by subbing to Stardom World, watching their Youtube content and listening to the Stardom Quest podcast. Luckily the storylines are pretty simple, by and large and a lot of the storytelling is in-ring.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I saw an interesting theory regarding KAIRI's new logo. It is royalty themed, so people are speculating she will be part of Queen's Quest.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nakamura in a Toyota tundra commercial. Dude must be loving the not strong style life. Lol

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So apparently Lash Legend may have injured Amari Miller tonight. Amari had to be stretchered to the back after the match and looked in real bad shape.

Maybe WWE needs to just pull the plug on the Lash Legend experiment now.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gonna have to order the April ROH return show for sure.

Main event is Gresham vs. Bandido, original ROH title vs. current ROH title.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Is Honor club still a thing? If so 2 questions.1. will SuperCard of Honor be included with the sub and 2. how far back does their catalogue go?

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The contrast between either New Japan or TV Asahi making it impossible to share anything from their shows and DDT creating content for English viewers is pretty amazing.