• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
9JOu6Pj.gif
Brad Shoemaker is looking really good these days

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
PWInsider said:
As of last night, the announcement that Baron Corbin would be facing Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 35 was not a swerve to lead to something else. WWE obviously was aware of the negative fan response when the announcement was made, weaving it into their commentary and even Kurt Angle's own comments about the match on social media.

The idea that Kurt Angle picked his own opponent for Wrestlemania is obviously storyline.

The word we have heard is Angle was hoping for a more high-profile final opponent. His wife actually responded to some comments online about the bout being underwhelming before deleting several tweets.

Angle vs. Corbin has been billed as the WWE Hall of Famer's "farewell" match.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
As of last night, the announcement that Baron Corbin would be facing Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 35 was not a swerve to lead to something else. WWE obviously was aware of the negative fan response when the announcement was made, weaving it into their commentary and even Kurt Angle's own comments about the match on social media.

The idea that Kurt Angle picked his own opponent for Wrestlemania is obviously storyline.

The word we have heard is Angle was hoping for a more high-profile final opponent. His wife actually responded to some comments online about the bout being underwhelming before deleting several tweets.

Angle vs. Corbin has been billed as the WWE Hall of Famer's "farewell" match.
https://www.pwinsider.com/article/124984/kurt-anglewrestlemania-35-update.html?p=1

Edit: *shakes fist at Sweeney Swift

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Ah but you're mad about it so clearly it's working" - that guy more and more people are thankfully starting to ignore

Reading that recap and seeing that tweet, Braun's not getting built on any big event. It's just not going to happen for him, and it's just not going to happen for some others. That roster will only get bigger, the time to capitalize on some of them passed a while ago, and with Braun in particular it's not like they didn't have plenty of chances to avoid that
"I have a bunch of opinions about a show I claim to not watch" isn't a better take, though. Like I actually watch the show and admit to watching it.

Has anyone ever gone from WWE Champ to Jobber as quick as Jindar?

It's a better question to ask why Jinder went from enhancement to WWE Champ, really.

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lost in this episode of Raw is Bayley being a straight up asshole to Beth and Nattie and Sasha having enough of Carley's shit.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Corbin/Kurt sounds like the near annual 1 minute or less Mania squash match.

I almost feel sorry for Corbin, being relatively inoffensive on Smackdown, then got moved to Raw, made to dress like a waiter, is the scapegoat kayfabe reason for Raw being a load of balls whilst simultaneously being part of the truth due to his booking being a tedious focal point.
And now they've dropped him in the Angle finale to the excitement of no one, this is actually a pretty unique form of character assassination, but since it's Corbin no one really cares enough.

Has anyone ever gone from WWE Champ to Jobber as quick as Jindar?
I don't think so, most other examples at least hovered around the mid card, Jinder has been dropped straight back to the lower card position he was picked up from.
It's fair when you consider he was also the inverse of this, no one went from jobber to champ as fast, even Bradshaw had much more going for him before the JBL stuff.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because you could very easily make the Angle/Corbin thing work in a way that doesn't frame it like a miserable disappointment

Like maybe you say Kurt is retiring, Corbin antagonizes him and he says "wait just a second. i have one thing left to do before I leave. kicking your ass"

Instead of acting like his dream match is Corbin lmao

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have been informed that Timothy Thatcher apparently worked as a journalist and at a California park that had a lot of boats.

The mystery of Thatcher's shoot jobs continues.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Darby would be the best face on the AEW roster.

Given Cody's courtship, I'm a little surprised they haven't already announced Darby signing. Maybe the Evolve contract is a little more airtight than we thought? His match with Henry during Mania weekend is probably the best indicator of his future status.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Darby would be the best face on the AEW roster.

Given Cody's courtship, I'm a little surprised they haven't already announced Darby signing. Maybe the Evolve contract is a little more airtight than we thought? His match with Henry during Mania weekend is probably the best indicator of his future status.
I think they're teasing him and Priscilla hard as fuck just to get them on people's radars

They originally never mentioned Marty Scurll but recently they've been going harder on teasing him, probably because he's gonna be stuck in ROH for another 6 months

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think they're teasing him and Priscilla hard as fuck just to get them on people's radars

They originally never mentioned Marty Scurll but recently they've been going harder on teasing him, probably because he's gonna be stuck in ROH for another 6 months
6 months? Thought his contract was up at the end of April. Did something change?

Deleted member 1299

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, MD USA
User Banned (1 Week): Misogyny
Charley telling Dana she's shit right to her weird looking face was hilarious. And then she was proven right. Great storytelling!

Dana is apparently only 30 years old too, but all that bobo has taken its toll. Charley should probably slow down herself while she still looks semi-normal for her age.

Why young woman do this to themselves I'll never understand. You're 20-30 years old, you're not Nicole Kidman. A lack of frown lines in your face doesn't make you look youthful, it makes you look off-putting, expressionless and weird.

zfBrA8h.jpg

That's not Ziggler, is it?

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Charley telling Dana she's shit right to her weird looking face was hilarious. And then she was proven right. Great storytelling!

Dana is apparently only 30 years old too, but all that bobo has taken its toll. Charley should probably slow down herself while she still looks semi-normal for her age.

Why young woman do this to themselves I'll never understand. You're 20-30 years old, you're not Nicole Kidman. A lack of frown lines in your face doesn't make you look youthful, it makes you look off-putting, expressionless and weird.
Calm down m8

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Can we not have this shit here?

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's unfair. Friend has said that they're donating, and I believe them.

Let's see what happens.
You won't donate it

You've already set the conditions to something that is Totally Not Happening

You have no plans of ever donating money to cancer research

Your skepticism is arbitrary given that I always make the donation even if I lose.

But I'll tell you what, if it will alleviate your concern, I'll give you this one now, and another one if I lose.

bpV4FJt.png

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the people saying this was the booking decision that was going to hurt AAA, like they didn't just survive giving Jarrett their world title for a combined 357 days
AAA could have handled it better (a lot better) but getting the belts on The Bucks is the smart decision from a PR standpoint and to add a lil more spice to the feud.

Also now we have basically confirmation that Lucha Bros will win at DON. Yes!

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Not familiar with Darby but most people seem to be very high on him.

Priscilla would be a good pickup, already solid, great look, and only 21. Think she'd do fine without some of the things she does to get heat on the indies.

Status
Not open for further replies.