• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They really needed to wow us with this month's selection to make up for the removal of PS3 and Vita games... and this are their offerings?, pathetic. They really need to make their decision to axe PS3/Vita games seem worth it with bigger, newer and better PS4 games. Super dissapointed, no wonder they switched off the coments section on the PS blog.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
The Witness has one my wishlist, but the backlog was holding the purchase. I Know I Will like the game but will try that my Wife play it with me. Wish that this time I will have success on playing with her.
Having a co-pilot to bounce of off is actually a great way to play this one. Certain types of puzzles might come easier to one of you.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Good month for me. I had already bought The Witness, but I've been wishing to play CoD MW since... Well, since the original came out.

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
none of that is proof of "arrogant" sony and again anyone saying it is full of shit.
Lol no it's because anyone using the arrogant sony bullshit has no good argument and is basically trolling at this point. Its all to common with posters using it.

It is a pretty well-documented trend that the market leader of any console generation tends to become a bit consumer-unfriedly after a massive success, because they feel like they don't have to do certain things that their competitors are doing since they're in the lead. It happened to Sony after the Playstation 2, and it happened to Microsoft after the 360, which is why Microsoft is doing anything they can right now to regain consumer trust and goodwill, even if it doesn't make a profit for them (backwards compatibility, for instance). Sony doesn't need to that (or so they think) because they're so massively successful and in the lead by a large margin, hence the term "arrogant Sony".

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
looks like a good month for me, maybe i will resub.
i wouldnt worry about the game count, they will add more once next gen comes, which shouldnt be too far away now. in addition from looking at sony's position hirings they are really focused on enhancing PSN, PSPlus and PSNow, so i think we will also see signifcant improvements in their services in the coming months.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never played Modern Warfare, and I generally enjoy single player shooter campaigns. Am I in for a good time?

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Not too bad, played the witness already but not the COD remaster. Last month was poor for me as I already had Hitman, and I deleted For Honor in probably the quickest time I have ever done for a game, haha

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
There's a campaign in call of duty right? Haven't played a call of duty game in ages, would be fun to try one. Already have the witness, great game. Good month.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
lol they robbed us on The Witness for PS Plus Asia.👀 Good thing I already have the game.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish it was actually today and not having to wait until Tuesday!

Would love to jump back in on COD this weekend

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Already have both, but it's always good to get a COD game on PS+, as I don't buy them digitally (they keep their price for so long).

BLOPS3 and COD:MW so far, I hope they do more in the future.

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
I can't believe people are happy with two games.

Lets put this in another context.
A person pays $5 a month for 6 pieces of fruit. They never eat 4 of them because they don't like that kind anymore. The store sees that these other four fruits are not really being eaten much anymore. They change what they are giving you and now they give you two that are the type most people eat. The fruit might actually be of better quality than before. It is unbelievable that this person is not happy still?

Now, what if they also knew (and arguing this is not almost guaranteed is silly) that in the future the store was getting an even better kind of fruit and would be adding that to your order without changing the price. So for the same cost, they would now get two fruit they liked and two fruit that were even better. Still unbelievable?

Yes the store still has some customers who ate 4 or even 6 pieces of fruit, and they could be justifiably unhappy, but this is many fewer people than those who just ate 2. It would be hard to believe that this smaller segment of customers would be as happy. Some of them might like having two better pieces of fruit that they prefer instead of the 4 pieces they were kind of done with eating as it is.

Value is relative. Unless you only look at situations like a 2-year old who bases happiness simply on quantity, it shouldn't be difficult to imagine how this change might not matter that much to most people.

Now quantify what you get for your money.
Plus is the cost of a new retail game for 1 year (even less if you buy it when it is on sale one of many times)
24 games, some that retailed originally for the cost of 1 year of plus, some that you might really enjoy that you wouldn't have tried otherwise.
Discounts on tons of other games and content
1 GB of game save backup
Share Play
Online-multiplayer

You can say online play is not of any value because PC has it free. You can never use Share Play and say it has no value. If you can't find at least the value of the yearly cost with those 24 games and sale prices, I don't know what to tell you. No paid service will be great for 100% of the user base, but Plus seems like a good value for the majority of the PlayStation owners.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
A person pays $5 a month for 6 pieces of fruit. They never eat 4 of them because they don't like that kind anymore. The store sees that these other four fruits are not really being eaten much anymore. They change what they are giving you and now they give you two that are the type most people eat. The fruit might actually be of better quality than before. It is unbelievable that this person is not happy still?

Now, what if they also knew (and arguing this is not almost guaranteed is silly) that in the future the store was getting an even better kind of fruit and would be adding that to your order without changing the price. So for the same cost, they would now get two fruit they liked and two fruit that were even better. Still unbelievable?

Yes the store still has some customers who ate 4 or even 6 pieces of fruit, and they could be justifiably unhappy, but this is many fewer people than those who just ate 2. It would be hard to believe that this smaller segment of customers would be as happy. Some of them might like having two better pieces of fruit that they prefer instead of the 4 pieces they were kind of done with eating as it is.

Value is relative. Unless you only look at situations like a 2-year old who bases happiness simply on quantity, it shouldn't be difficult to imagine how this change might not matter that much to most people.

Plus is the cost of a new retail game for 1 year (even less if you buy it when it is on sale one of many times)
24 games, some that retailed originally for the cost of 1 year of plus, some that you might really enjoy that you wouldn't have tried otherwise.
1 GB of game save backup
Share Play
Online-multiplayer

You can say online play is not of any value because PC has it free. You can never use Share Play and say it has no value. If you can't find at least the value of the yearly cost with those 24 games and sale prices, I don't know what to tell you. No paid service will be great for 100% of the user base, but Plus seems like a good value for the majority of the PlayStation owners.

What, no? Its a subscription that gave 6 games for people to discover new things as well as give new life to older games. Your fruit analogy doesn't make sense at all, you're comparing apples and oranges.

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's a good month for me. I stopped caring about PS3 or Vita games a long long time ago and have wanted to pick up both MW:R and The Witness since release.

MikeRahl

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone mused about how existing copies will work? I know generally going from disc -> digital you need to uninstall and redownload but...

If I have the copy of MW:R that came with IW, which uses the IW disc as a check, am I going to have to uninstall and redownload, or will the license transfer and my digital download will just work now?

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Nice to see bigger games, but disappointed in the drop in the number of free games too. Even a smaller indie title would have made the loss of Vita/PS3 games easier to swallow.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I wish PS+ games launched on the first of the month. I'm desperate to play MW Remastered! I almost bought it so many times.

Deleted member 20429

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Been playing The Witness on tablet recently and the controls are dogshite. Very nearly jumped on the PS4 version for £35 or whatever, so I'm very happy with this month.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
PS+ really took a dive in value. Not even offering a third game now the vita and ps3 selections have ended lol.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish PS+ games launched on the first of the month. I'm desperate to play MW Remastered! I almost bought it so many times.
Yup, me too. Last time I played it was on 360.
I actually don't mind them launching on tuesday, what I want sony to add is the ability to pre-load the PS+ games. MW remastered is like 60GB.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019

1 GB of game save backup
Share Play
Online-multiplayer

Right now I'm seeing no evidence that backs up the quality over quantity argument, because the quality was already there

PS4-wise, the last two months have been just as good, if not better than March's offerings, and going by this rundown of Plus in 2018, I'd say at least 7 of the 12 months were just as good as now.

Last edited:

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Witness, nice.
Would have liked Infinite warfare, AW solidified my dislike for tightly scripted campaigns.