• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
1) Plus games aren't free, you're paying for them in your subscription, otherwise you could keep them when your sub ends.
2) Proper mugs in this thread talking about it being a good month when you're getting fewer games.

Jun 18, 2018
That just makes me want a CoD: The Witness mash-up game. Pausing solving a puzzle to spin around and gun down some infantry, then turning back to complete the puzzle and unlock a room that contains a HMG and a shit-tonne of ammo.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when people said it was about time they removed PS3 and Vita games because they thought this meant we'd get better PS+ rewards on PS4?

Bye bye cross-buy bonus games!

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
The Witness, glorious lines of Blow. The last challenge still escapes me... Get on this shit if you haven't dived in yet.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Nice! I've been meaning to replay cod4 campaign after so many years. I heard they ruined the online d though :(

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Holy shit thats a great one. Been it itching for some cod gameplay and the witness. Damn thats crazy

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
PS+ feels like it's back to the great PS3 days. February was superb too.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Sell me on the witness Era

If someone asked me to come up with a "required games" list for this generation, The Witness would be #1 on my list. It is a masterpiece, don't spoil it for yourself.

The way the game teaches you everything without any type of instruction or guide is brilliant. Every game could learn from that.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Oh wow these are great choices for me. I was actually going to pick both up during the next Steam Summer sale, but I guess I don't have to now.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Quality over quantity then. I'm ok with that.

Hopefully they'll add some VR games at some point.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
I've been looking for a good time to get Modern Warfare Remastered and I guess it's next month. I am super excited!

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about buying MW Remastered for quite some time now, so this is pretty great for me at least. It's the first time in months I've had a reason to turn on my PS4.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! I "had" MWR when I bought IW physical. Ignorantly, I didn't realize I gave up the rights to it when I sold the IW disc... but now I'll "have" it again. LOL

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
OH SHIT. Shipment here we come baby.
giphy.gif

Got Danny

Nov 8, 2017
Are you trying to argue for less games for the same price? It's 2 games that never retailed for $60 if that makes the argument better for you. 2 "budget" titles released in 2016.

I'm not saying the quality of the games are bad, they're good games (The Witness is a masterpiece ya'll). It's just a loss to what the service used to offer with nothing making up for it.

Just last year we had gotten Bloodborne and Rachet and Clank + 4 other games.

i'm just looking at the reality of the situation. We got games for pretty decent amount of time on the last gen consoles and sony gave fair warning that those consoles weren't gonna be getting games anymore, could of easily cancelled your subscription. i feel like you tried to downplay the games that were included in your original post to make your point lol. (Hey maybe i'm wrong)

Well it's not that people got PS3 anv Vita games for free, they paid for those games. And now we are paying even more, considered we have 2/3 less than last month. Second, those games are not yours to keep. They are yours until you keep paying, when you stop here goes your library.
As I wrote at least with Games with Gold you keep half the games, with Humble Monthly (which is about double the price of Plus) you keep all the games regardless.

The Plus value is just garbage at the moment.

The Vita selections weren't necessarily old games though, and regularly had crossplay which was useful for PS4 players.

The Witness and MWR are great games, but it's undeniable that there's a lot less value to the service now than there was a month ago.

Agree, less value (garbage? hyperbole) right now, and in the future, PS5 / Ps4 you get some of that value back. To me it just seems like the natural cycle of the service. Maybe we should pressure sony into adding a Ps2 game to the mix would be cool

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Uh. Only 2 games even though PS3 and Vita are out of the mix? Not what I was anticipating...

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
i'm just looking at the reality of the situation. We got games for pretty decent amount of time on the last gen consoles and sony gave fair warning that those consoles weren't gonna be getting games anymore, could of easily cancelled your subscription. i feel like you tried to downplay the games that were included in your original post to make your point lol. (Hey maybe i'm wrong)

Agree, less value (garbage? hyperbole) right now, and in the future, PS5 / Ps4 you get some of that value back. To me it just seems like the natural cycle of the service. Maybe we should pressure sony into adding a Ps2 game to the mix would be cool

In terms of what was lost vs what we got the games are pretty mediocre in that sense alone. The games themselves are fine, but the value is what's missing. We'll get plenty of months when we're still getting 2 games but the quality won't be there. Even at it's best PS+ is gonna have stinkers.

I've left my sub to lapse next billing period since i'm not playing games online right now with PSN so I'm ahead of the game on that sense. Doesn't mean the value is still lost, since i'm forced to use it to play any major non free to play game online.

Also PS2 games being added to the mix, and a better rollout of PS2 games in general on the PS4 store would be amazing. Something at least.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I'll give a try to COD's campaign for sure. And for the immediate future, it must be a priority to deal with the hole left by Vita/PS3 titles.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Funny fact, The Witness was given on XBox, PC via Humble Monthly (and another 30€+ bundle) and maybe Twitch Prime if I'm correct, only PS4 was missing.