• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Love it when I replace one of my few remaining physical 360 copies of a game (Metal Gear Rising) with a GWG digital copy that I get to keep even if my Gold sub lapses. I like what I've played of Garden Warfare 2 during free weekends and Republic Commando was one of those games I missed at the time that I always wanted to check out, even now, for the sake of understanding its legacy.

And I'm appreciative for the Adventure Time games as a big fan of the show; I wish GWG gave away more (of the better quality) AT games before they got delisted and that the 360 AT games would go BC, regardless of being delisted.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Great month! I've had my eyes on MGR for such a long time, but I never picked it up. And I love that we're getting all the OG Xbox games.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit amused that in the month that PS+ is now dropping PS3 (and Vita) titles, we get on Xbox one of the first PS3 titles I got after subscribing.

It's the ciiiircle of life, or something.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck yes! More people get to appreciate the genius and damn near perfection that is Metal Gear Rising!

This was one of the first things I purchased when I got my XB1X, and I can state that it plays fantastically.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, I haven't played Revengeance on Xbox.

Edit: I forgot original Xbox games are X enhanced. Republic Commando should be a good time, too.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017
I hope this trend with OG Xbox games continues. Saves quite some money for games I would like to have a digital license in addition to my disk(s).

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'm saddened about PvZ2 since I already had that one. Still, I would say it is a fun alternative for those who want to play a third person shooter. Thrilled to see MGRising so that will be fun to explore. Not sure about the other two, but I'll be sure to check them out as they come out.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Last month's 2 months of XBL Gold for $2 deal has been tremendous, as a remaining 360 owner. I've always wanted to play the very well-regarded Republic Commando, but unfortunately have yet to do so since its original Xbox release, plus I was hoping for GWG to digitally replace my physical copy of Metal Gear Rising. Add in AC Rogue and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy from February, and it's great.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Rising is the only worthwhile thing this month, but I already have it. I also have this weird feeling that they aleady gave this away before, since I own it and I don't remember ever buying it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
KNOCKOUT FUCKING MONTH WITH STAR WARS AND RISING, WOAH.

Plus, ya'll finally don't have an excuse to not play Garden Warfare 2, the most underrated multiplayer shooter this generation. (Titanfall 2 finally isn't underrated.)

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I just get the sneaking suspicion that the Xbox bigwig is going to do something radical with their member services very soon.

Gold kinda limping along here for a while

Nonsense, we've just come off the back of a few really solid months. We got Celeste in January for goodness sake. 2018 GOTY contender (and winner AFAIAC).

Call it instinct, or whatever, but i think Phil will drop an E3 bomb regarding member services, a rearrangement of sorts that puts GamePass at the fore. Maybe a two tier system. They can't keep ponying up Four games a month and stay viable.

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
Garden Warfare 2 is awesome, so the "dad" might end enjoying it more than the "kids".

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Republic Commando is wonderful on the X: 16:9, Near 4k and 60fps. I ended up replaying the whole things last year.

2053eaab-5cb3-4452-855f-52c073405bc4.PNG

2b3d3cdf-3e30-44b3-b947-7d676ad8a21f.PNG

Yep. It shouldn't be glossed over that EVERY Xbox Original game is basically a 4K remaster on the Xbox One X and also improved on the regular Xbox One.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Man, thinking back on it and GW2 is probably my personal biggest disappointment of this generation. GW1 was such an underrated game and they completely dropped the ball with GW2.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
This might be a dumb question, but do Xbox games keep working after my subscription ends (like Xbox 360 games) or they are available only when I'm an active subscriber (like Xbox One games)?

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
I mean Rising isn't trash but this version is compared to the PC one I own.

Those other games though, yikes. What were they thinking with two kid games on the fucking Xbox?

"kids might like these games". I'm not sure what's wrong with that. Why do people take it so harshly when some games they don't like show up on Gold?

Jan 6, 2019
If you're a fan of the show, Adventure Time is worth a play....it's a very short rpg (5 or 6 hours) with windwaker boat traversal on a muchmuchmuch smaller scale. Fully voice acted, decent story, ok battle system, mildly amusing.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing here for me, but Metal Gear Rising is one of the greatest, most memorable, most replayable action games of all time and you should ignore anyone who suggests otherwise. The game's insane. The soundtrack, combat, and writing are insane. I'm envious of anyone who gets to experience this game for the first time because it's a hell of a ride.

Protip: listen to your codec as often as possible. The messages are endlessly interesting and entertaining. They change as you advance through each mission. You even get new ones during boss fights.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
MGR and Republic Commando?

SOLD!!!!!!

Ive wanted to replay Republic Commando since forever, but couldnt find it on PC and my OG Xbox copy was lost many moons ago.

EA have an amazing first person engine, and have the rights to Star Wars....where the fuck is Republic Commando Ultimate Helmet HUD and all. Dont fuck with me EA, I want that shit!