• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Marc Lamont is a smart ass dude. THis guy knows his shit if you hear him talk for just a few minutes. Fucking garbage people in this thread trashing him on a kneejerk reactionary basis. now that we're in primary season, fighting against israeli right wing propaganda should be a litmus test for anyone who wants to run on the democratic ticket. Do you support aparthied or not? Its the same question as supporting Saudi arabia's human rights abuses

Oct 27, 2017
Accusing random people on the internet of being part of a Jewish conspiracy. That is what you're doing. It is wrong and you know it is.

Is this a parody or joke account that I'm responding to? I call out someone for equating any criticism of Israeli with Antisemitism and your response is to equate my mention of Netanyahu with Antisemitism. Where did I mention Judaism? Because my post was solely about Israel. You're doing literally what I was calling out.

Nov 20, 2017
Is this a parody or joke account that I'm responding to? I call out someone for equating any criticism of Israeli with Antisemitism and your response is to equate my mention of Netanyahu with Antisemitism. Where did I mention Judaism? Because my post was solely about Israel. You're doing literally what I was calling out.

You accused a random poster of being a paid shill for Israel. This is a known, documented antisemitic canard.

Oct 27, 2017

Marc Lamont is a smart ass dude. THis guy knows his shit if you hear him talk for just a few minutes. Fucking garbage people in this thread trashing him on a kneejerk reactionary basis. now that we're in primary season, fighting against israeli right wing propaganda should be a litmus test for anyone who wants to run on the democratic ticket. Do you support aparthied or not? Its the same question as supporting Saudi arabia's human rights abuses

He is smart. Smart enough to know how fucking stupid it was to use that phrase he willfully chose.

Oct 27, 2017
You accused a random poster of being a paid shill for Israel. This is a known, documented antisemitic canard.
Your obsession with equating Judaism and Israel/anything about their government is disturbing. Yes they are related, but they aren't one and the same. I'll repeat criticism of Israel is NOT the same as antisemitism as much as you try and pretend it is

Nov 20, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): History of trolling sensitive threads.
Your obsession with equating Judaism and Israel/anything about their government is disturbing. Yes they are related, but they aren't one and the same. I'll repeat criticism of Israel is NOT the same as antisemitism as much as you try and pretend it is

Weasel words. You know what you did.

Oct 27, 2017
So your basically pretending to be offended because you knew what he was saying yet you are being intentionally ignorant to dodge the crux of the discussion and avoid the broader point. Nice to know. Get out of here with that garbage.
Get out of here with this bullshit defense.

He said used a phrase that Israelis use and Bibi himself has used...

A phrase that now refers to the eradication of Israel. He knows it, as do the people who rightfully fired him.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The people who are trying to argue Marc Lamont hill being fired was justified have zero argument except deflection and strawman. Ben Sharpio was the first guy on twitter to actually call for Marc Lamont to be fired. Its no coincidence that these postings are so hollow and vain.

Get out of here with this bullshit defense.

The only bullshit i see is from the people who look for soundbites over substance. That is to say, your postings here have no semblance of common sense.

Oct 27, 2017
The people who are trying to argue Marc Lamont hill being fired was justified have zero argument except deflection and strawman. Ben Sharpio was the first guy on twitter to actually call for Marc Lamont to be fired. Its no coincidence that these postings are so hollow and vain.
They're not even attempting to argue in good faith

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
They're not even attempting to argue in good faith

I agree. These people should be ashamed of themselves over how they are acting. Especially in the broader context of how the US as an institution treats any discussion of Israel's crimes against the Palestinian people. That alliance of convenience buys more than military arms it seems. Saudi arabia must be so jealous

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, the classic "Criticizing Israel is anti-Semitic". How much is Netanyahu paying you for this level of shilling?

This absolutely is the classic anti-semitic narrative of "Jews pulling strings behind the scenes with all the money they're hoarding" and if you aren't aware of that you should take like 30 seconds to research the issue you so passionately arguing about.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This absolutely is the classic anti-semitic narrative of "Jews pulling strings behind the scenes with all the money they're hoarding" and if you aren't aware of that you should take like 30 seconds to research the issue you so passionately arguing about.

Look at your argument. Your essentially arguing that accusing someone of being in cahoots with netanyahu is a dogwhistle. Your argument essentially is that if you criticize the actions of the israeli government or any politician inside of it, your attacking jews as a whole. Which is complete bullshit. There are far more jews outside of israel than inside of it, and far more jews against what israel is doing that for it. Your calling them antisemitic as well.

No one said anything about money, the banking system or anything like that which would indicate right wing jewish racism. That is something you invented to strawman someone's position. Learn to debate better.

Nov 20, 2017
Look at your argument. Your essentially arguing that accusing someone of being in cahoots with netanyahu is a dogwhistle. Your argument essentially is that if you criticize the actions of the israeli government or any politician inside of it, your attacking jews as a whole. Which is complete bullshit. There are far more jews outside of israel than inside of it, and far more jews against what israel is doing that for it. Your calling them antisemitic as well.

It is a dogwhistle. Has been for a very, very long time.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

No, that's not what me and others in this thread are doing. You don't attack Jews as a whole if you criticize Israel.

However, you are further normalizing and engaging in an anti-semitic conspiracy theory however if you insinuate that one has to be paid by a Jewish nation's leader if one dares to have a different opinion from you guys. No. One can just think that using the words he did was fucking stupid as they are directly linked to calls for the ethnic cleansing of Jews and destruction of Israel. You do not have to be part of a jewish conspiracy to hold that opinion.

According to who? the israeli goverment? the pro israeli goverment lobbies? The clear weaponization of antisemitism to destroy any critique of Israel's right wing atrocities as a "dogwhistle" is very apparent

Maybe take a step back and realize that you are arguing that one of the most used and well-established anti-semitic conspiracy theories - you know, one that, among other things, was used to argue for and set in motion the extermination of 6 million jews - is actually an invention of the Israelis. This shit belongs in Nazi forums, not fucking Resetera.

Last edited:

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
According to who? the israeli goverment? the pro israeli goverment lobbies? The clear weaponization of antisemitism to destroy any critique of Israel's right wing atrocities as a "dogwhistle" is very apparent

Accusing someone of being an Israeli government astroturfer because they consider Lamont's statement to be racist is 100% undeniably antisemitic.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone. There's a reason people are accused of being "getting paid by Soros" and its not because he's rich. This is irrelevant to RW/LW ideology.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
The terrorist state of Israel is a very dangerous government. A shame more people are afraid of criticizing Israel more openly. Saudi Arabia, Iran, Israel, Russia, the USa and China are probably they biggest problem makers of the world. And unfortunately I don't believe any of them are willing to stop what they love to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
User Banned (1 Week): Antisemitic rhetoric; inflammatory accusations against other members

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Accusing someone of being an Israeli government astroturfer because they consider Lamont's statement to be racist is 100% undeniably antisemitic.

That would be viable if

1. Lamont was actually a racist and his statement was intended to be racist

2. Israel didn't actually have a right wing goverment whom for decades has been influencing US policy against the Palestinians and

3. Criticism of the Israeli goverment was by definition antisemitism, which it aint

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Everyone. There's a reason people are accused of being "getting paid by Soros" and its not because he's rich. This is irrelevant to RW/LW ideology.

Because he is a right boogeyman who the right can paint as "no, THE LEFT IS THE ONE WHO IS BOUGHT OFF!" Like, i dont doubt there are people who are racist and antisemetic in this corner, but its not an argument to use when someone says that calling for Marc lamont hill to fired based on his clear and concise arguments for human rights is somehow a secret call to destroy israel.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
yeah, it isn't like the Israeli government has a well-documented campaign to astroturf attacks on anyone critical of Israel or anything

tbh the original comment was slightly hyperbolic, but calling it antisemitic or comparing it to Soros conspiracy theories is ludicrous

Which obviously means that any time someone disagrees with you on a matter concerning antisemitism it is completely appropriate to accuse them of being an Israeli government shill.

That would be viable if

2. Israel didn't actually have a right wing goverment whom for decades has been influencing US policy against the Palestinians and

3. Criticism of the Israeli goverment was by definition antisemitism, which it aint

If you want to continue to tell Jewish people that they're wrong about what is antisemitic then be my guest.

Oct 27, 2017

Except no one is saying or implying that. Claiming "You must be paid by so and so" as a response to a seemingly irrational/illogical siding with a person/institution is common and not exclusive to anti-Jewish conspiracies. What you're doing illuminates the crux of this discussion in anything said negatively surrounding or in the context of Israel is automatically assumed to be antisemitic even when it has nothing to do with Judaism.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
That would be viable if

You are aware that you can make racist statements without intending them to be, right? None of us know his intention or can look into his head. We can only judge his words - and those specific words? Yeah. They can absolutely be considered racist/anti-semitic.

They do and I have seen very, very few people in here denying that.

We're not saying that, we have told you more than once now that people aren't saying that but you continue to be unable to read or understand those words.

You can criticize and even despise Israel's government for their actions. You can also criticize and despise the anti-semitic notions, demands and conspiracy-theories that get thrown around. Those two things do not oppose each other.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Solidarity and intersectional bridge building?
Corporate media: Nope, can't let that get any traction...

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
If you want to continue to tell Jewish people that they're wrong about what is antisemitic then be my guest.

speaking as a non-Zionist Jew who grew up participating in extremely Zionist American Jewish institutions and has been in too many arguments to count about this subject, yes, I feel quite comfortable telling many Jews that they are very, very wrong about what criticism of Israel qualifies as antisemitic and what doesn't

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because he is a right boogeyman who the right can paint as "no, THE LEFT IS THE ONE WHO IS BOUGHT OFF!" Like, i dont doubt there are people who are racist and antisemetic in this corner, but its not an argument to use when someone says that calling for Marc lamont hill to fired based on his clear and concise arguments for human rights is somehow a secret call to destroy israel.
No, it's because he's Jewish, and the "International Jewish Bankers buying people off" shit transcends ideology.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
speaking as a non-Zionist Jew who grew up participating in extremely Zionist American Jewish institutions and has been in too many arguments to count about this subject, yes, I feel quite comfortable telling many Jews that they are very, very wrong about what criticism of Israel qualifies as antisemitic and what doesn't

Yet again: "Is this Jew paying you to say this?" is not criticism of Israel. That's what people are calling out and that's what Zornack replied to.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You are aware that you can make racist statements without intending them to be, right? None of us know his intention or can look into his head. We can only judge his words - and those specific words? Yeah. They can absolutely be considered racist/anti-semitic.

You dont have to guess his intention. I just put up a video with him in it explaining his position clearly and concisely and why he feels that way. There is no antisemitism in that viewpoint.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
You dont have to guess his intention. I just put up a video with him in it explaining his position clearly and concisely and why he feels that way. There is no antisemitism in that viewpoint.

Which is why using words that are directly and undeniably linked to antisemitism was so fucking idiotic. I, too, can't just use the words "Arbeit macht frei" somewhere in my huge argument for peace and bridge building and then be surprised that people call me out and that I have to face consequences for it. That phrase isn't inherentely evil, it's evil and considered taboo by association. Just as the phrase he used.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

the Soros comparison requires the assumption either that Israel and Judaism are interchangeable, or that Netanyahu is more associated with Judaism in general than Israel and its right-wing policies in particular. the former is just a stock talking point to suppress criticism of Israel, but the latter is more novel and particularly asinine

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

I've heard of plenty of jewish people say that what Marc Lamont hill was not antisemetic. But you dont consider them do you? Only the people who you want to agree with on that issue and then say "hey they're jewish, so that means they must be right about it",

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yet again: "Is this Jew paying you to say this?" is not criticism of Israel. That's what people are calling out and that's what Zornack replied to.

Context is pretty important here... is xyz paying you for your defense is a common idiom...

There's a difference between invoking sarcastically using a world leader who happens to be Jewish and invoking it literally using a rich man explicitly because he's Jewish

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Context is pretty important here... is xyz paying you for your defense is a common idiom...

There's a difference between invoking sarcastically using a world leader who happens to be Jewish and invoking it literally using a rich man explicitly because he's Jewish

Literally this whole thread is about a man being fired for using language connected to antisemitism, y'all have to see the irony here, right? :P