• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
capsule_616x353.jpg

👩‍💻 Developer: Graceful Decay
📀 Publisher: Annapurna Interactive
🎮 Platforms: PC (Steam); PlayStation 4 (]PSN); PlayStation 5 (PSN)
🏷️ Price: $19.99/€16.79/£15.49 or your regional equivalent*
📅 Release date: March 2nd, 2021

* Pricing on platforms/stores other than Steam may vary.

📖 About:
Maquette_Fly_Out_UpdatedLogo_Steam.gif

Maquette is a first-person recursive puzzle game that takes you into a world where every building, plant, and object are simultaneously tiny and staggeringly huge. Maquette makes it possible by twisting the world into itself recursively in an MC Escher-esque fashion.

key_resize.gif

Head to the center of the world and you'll feel like a giant, towering over buildings and walls. But venture further out, and start to feel small as things get larger and larger - to the point where cracks in the ground become chasms.

drop_resize.gif

In Maquette you will explore the scales of everyday problems in a modern-day love story. Where sometimes the smallest of issues can become insurmountable obstacles.

📷 Screenshots:

🎞️ Trailers:
Reveal
Gameplay
Cast Announcement

✍️ Reviews:
Era review thread
Metacritic - PC (70)
Metacritic - PlayStation 4 (insufficient reviews)
Metacritic - PlayStation 5 (70)
OpenCritic (72)

Last edited:

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Love the thread title.

Thought this looked very pretty and quite clever too. I would have picked it up anyway but as a PS+ title I couldn't be happier.

Edit: Based on the tweet below I think it's OK for me to drop my too cool for school/aloof thing and to admit I think the concept is really bloody clever.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay trailer makes this look extremely clever. Really makes me wonder how well it works in practice because the concept seems great.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to play this on PS5!

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this. The concept sort of reminds me of Subliminal and the unreleased Scale game combined with Manifold Garden.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
i see what you did there with that title
I see what you did there with that title.
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE WITH THAT TITLE!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Never heard of this before but I'm always in for a nice puzzle game, it looks wonderful!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hadn't seen anything about this before but this seems like one cool as heck concept. Glad it's coming with PS+ as will gladly give it a go.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Looks very similar to A Fisherman's Tale. If you enjoy the puzzles here (and have PSVR) I can definitely recommend trying that out

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who likes these kind of trippy, recursive environmental puzzles, I also recommend checking out overlooked Superliminal...

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely intrigued by this. I'll probably have to look up a bunch of guides to actually figure this out but will give it a try nonetheless!

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The game's live on PSN AU and NZ, so I assume it has a rolling midnight unlock.

Edit: Oh, and it's AUD$26.95, which'll no doubt translate to USD$19.99.

Edit edit: It's now up on PSN JP, so, yeah, definitely a rolling midnight unlock.

Last edited:

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to redeem this on PS+ but between BD II and Gnosia I probably won't have the chance to dip into it for a bit. Really amazing concept.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
If I hadn't watched the trailer just the other day, I wouldn't have gotten the thread title at all.. lol.

Definitely looking forward to this one.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Maquette | Review Thread

Metacritic (PC) (71) Metacritic (PS4) (??) Metacritic (PS5) (70) OpenCritic (72) Mashable (no score): Goomba Stomp (no score): PlayStation Universe (9/10): Screen Rant (4/5): WellPlayed (8/10): MonsterVine (4/5): TheSixthAxis (8/10): Hobby Consolas (78/100, review in Spanish)...

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
This looks nice. Reminds me of this light house game for vr withe the exact same concept. Mind bending.

Can I activate this for ps+ even though I do not own one yet?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Frame pacing is a real jerky mess on PS5. And the image quality is pretty blurry too. So think I'll grab this on PC instead tomorrow (albeit sadly not free then!)

Also bizarrely the default FOV is set to 60! Luckily you can increase it, all the way up to 90 if you like. And even more bizarrely there's also a "texture quality" option - low, medium or high - I'm assuming that's made its way over to PS5 from the PC version and they forgot to remove the menu option or something.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant thread title lol. Downloaded the game tonight and I'm excited to play it tomorrow. Looks fun.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I played an hour or so this morning, will do more later. I love, love the mechanics in play and can see great potential in them but the "story" being told is a huge turn off. Like, it's clearly a somewhat personal story and I appreciate that but it's a quite offputting to be playing this clever puzzle adventure game and then have to listen to two people dating for some reason. Maybe that attitude will change, I don't know. It's just weird.

Last edited: