• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's a bad game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SK developers continue to be completely unable to recapture the magic of their old successes from the 2000s.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't really resemble Maple Story much, does it?

Might have had better luck if they kept it a 2dish sidescrolling RPG.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I can't echo other opinions here. Maplestory 2 was a very fun game. The combat was simple but engaging, housing was the best in the genre, and the graphics were cute and gave you joy. Nexon even delivered on their promise to keep the game free of P2W elements, revamping our version completely to that end.

Unfortunately, they also removed much of the grind required to reach higher levels, effectively removing 90% of the content the game had to offer as you rushed through. Nobody today wants a Maplestoryesque grind, but they made it entirely too easy. And once you reached the level cap within a day or two (!), you were stuck with a rather repetitive endgame dungeon grind.

The team had very good intentions and always communicated changes and reasons for them to the playerbase really well. I just think the choices they made even before the launch of our version were grave mistakes. So, all that said, I am not surprised they're closing shop. In fact, I am surprised it lasted for as long as it did.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing. Game never went P2W.

There was just nothing to keep you long term once you finished the story. I was entertained when it came out, but then went back to GW2.

3bada

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Game was so much fun, but end game loop sucked and everyone who reached end game immediately quit. It had so much potential but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
NEVER FORGET
NEVER

Pre Big Bang OG MS was magical, my whole class played it together.

Line

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The game is actually a very nice sandbox, from deep housing to being to make custom costumes and share them with other players.

But they did absolutely fuck all with their systems after release, focusing on the infinite grind of +1stat on worthless items and random enchants and daily/weekly runs for tokens.

Shitty grinding and upgrade practices have doomed the entire genre.